Things have lined up

Advertisement

km_20211013_1080p_1.gif

Advertisement
with all these early firings and job openings I can’t help but think Miami again shyts the bed.
We will. Florida already fired Mullen. Meanwhile Manny is still here, and we’re in the process of searching for the search firm that will search for the AD who will search for the next HC that may or may not be hired this year. Concurrently, a faction of our Bot is conspiring with former players to hand a blank check to a coach who just got boat raced in his most important game of the season.

If the Gatah hires Lane and he actually signs contract I’ll be astonished.

The pathway to the playoffs is very hard in the SEC Least since Kirby has established his death grip at Georgia.

Advertisement
Mario lhas a lot in common with Butch, Mario will stack chips and have us with either the most talented roster in the conference or very close to Clemson. Also he’ll hire a great staff , which ironically is something we haven’t had since we were good. But being like Butch has it’s negatives as well. Mario will have one game a year leaving you scratching your head , like “ wtf was that all about “. We’ll be better coached, more talented and far more physical .

CFB is about talent and who has the most of it. Imo Mario will have us recruiting at a level we haven’t had in a very long time. Staying in the top ten with some higher classes mixed in. That’s what Miami hung its hat on during its run. Most years being more physical , faster and just more talented. Lane doesn’t do that ajd that’s what separates them. Even though I do like Lane, even though I consider him very risky. On and off the field.
Do you view it as 50-50 chance still?

Advertisement
Just to be clear when you mention these legit concerns about Mario yet not preface that with lane, THE ONLY ONE OF THE TWO WHO IS AN ESTABLISHED AND HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL AS A HEAD COACH , well that would be Mario. The one who has won his conference championship (as of this year)3 years in a row. The one who has won a rose bowl and wins his bowl games, who has signature wins, that's all Mario. Lane as a head coach, uhhhh yeah not so much... Also lane, not gonna happen.
Lane won two conference titles at FAU and he beat number 4 Oregon in Eugene while at USC. I don't know if you would classify beating Texas A&M this year as another but is it would probably classify for a program like Ole Miss. He may not be a real candidate but Kiffin has been successful as a HC and does have signature wins.

Just to be clear when you mention these legit concerns about Mario yet not preface that with lane, THE ONLY ONE OF THE TWO WHO IS AN ESTABLISHED AND HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL AS A HEAD COACH , well that would be Mario. The one who has won his conference championship (as of this year)3 years in a row. The one who has won a rose bowl and wins his bowl games, who has signature wins, that's all Mario. Lane as a head coach, uhhhh yeah not so much... Also lane, not gonna happen.

I'm with you, but he aint won it this year yet. If OSU beats them next weekend and Wazzu wins out, things get blurry w the tie breaker non sense.

Advertisement
He gets credit for beating Ohio st. But the end result is that the most talented team in the pac12 is not making the playoffs because of what happened tonight. Failing to make the playoffs by getting blown out by Utah overshadows a very good win against Ohio st. Both were statement games and tonight’s statement was louder that the Ohio st win, in my humble opinion.
What you don’t understand since you clearly don’t know football and even more clearly never played the game at the college level is that Utah is **** good football team/program that should be 10-1 right now besides two early losses by just a few points to two other dang good football teams at the beginning of the year. You think playing in Utah in November at over a mile high is a joke? It’s one of the hardest places to play in America not mention Mario just lost his three top receivers for the season last week. Smh if it was manure and us playing in Utah lastnight you better believe that score would have been double as bad as what they put on Oregon. Lol Whittenhouse runs circles around some good coaches at home, so can you imagine what he’d do to manure?! Lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back