Things have lined up

Advertisement
Its amazing how when your predetermined choice gets blown out you call it dying on the cross, but when coaches you dont want get blown out its proof they suck.

The thing everyone needs to really think about is why is there no clear cut favorite for Miami.

I seriously would give Chris Peterson the first, second and third call with Aranda getting the 4th. I need someone who wins when he has more talent on the field.

Chris Peterson isn't even coming to the University of Miami.

If the Gatah hires Lane and he actually signs contract I’ll be astonished.

The pathway to the playoffs is very hard in the SEC Least since Kirby has established his death grip at Georgia.
Lane and Mullen have a lot in common other than personalities. Great play callers who aren’t big on recruiting. Lane just likes beer and college ****** more.

Ok - Let’s settle this once and for all:

Mario - Turnover Chain likely Gone!!!!

Lane - Will keep the Turnover Chain and will likely add a WWE belt to go with the TO.

Who ya got!!!!???
Lane would be rocking the fattest Cuban link off the jet with a thottie at each side, also smoking a Cuban.

WE BYKE

Advertisement
I’m trying to figure out something. Lane doesn’t like to recruit. That’s just the honest truth. Mullen doesn’t like to recruit. Both are great coaches. How is Lane not Dan Mullen that everyone here hates? And that’s a legit question. If they have some differences that I’m overlooking please educate me in all sincerity
Before you make a statement like this, check Lane's class rankings at prior stops...and that's with taking the Tenn job on the fly, USC under probation and 30 scholies gone, and then Ole ****. He can recruit, he's a notch below Mario but he's **** good at it.

Before you make a statement like this, check Lane's class rankings at prior stops...and that's with taking the Tenn job on the fly, USC under probation and 30 scholies gone, and then Ole ****. He can recruit, he's a notch below Mario but he's **** good at it.
He's more than a notch below Mario recruiting...Mario will slay it in Dade....

He's more than a notch below Mario recruiting...Mario will slay it in Dade....
I have no doubt he will, expectations will be sky high though...like anything outside the Top 12 (probably Top 10) would be deemed as bleh given his reputation. Lane is probably consistent Top 10-20 (maybe average around the 13-15 range) classes so yes definitely a lower ceiling, but the floor ain't too bad at all. Especially if he wins, then recruiting will fix itself in his case.

Advertisement
Mario lhas a lot in common with Butch, Mario will stack chips and have us with either the most talented roster in the conference or very close to Clemson. Also he’ll hire a great staff , which ironically is something we haven’t had since we were good. But being like Butch has it’s negatives as well. Mario will have one game a year leaving you scratching your head , like “ wtf was that all about “. We’ll be better coached, more talented and far more physical .

CFB is about talent and who has the most of it. Imo Mario will have us recruiting at a level we haven’t had in a very long time. Staying in the top ten with some higher classes mixed in. That’s what Miami hung its hat on during its run. Most years being more physical , faster and just more talented. Lane doesn’t do that ajd that’s what separates them. Even though I do like Lane, even though I consider him very risky. On and off the field.

Porsters need to understand that this happens with literally every HC. Let's just look at some of the Top teams this season:

- Alabama: Almost lost to a garbage UF team, struggled to put away Arkansas at home
- Ohio St: Struggled with a one-dimensional Minnesota team to open the year, lost at home to an inferior Oregon squad missing Thibs and others, struggled with Tulsa for three quarters, struggled with Nebraska
- Oregon: We're well aware of the close games they play given their level of opponent.
- Cinci: Struggled three weeks in a row against inferior conference opponents, Tulsa and Navy in particular.
- ND: Barely survived FSU and VT, Toledo was tight.

I could go on and on with OU, Baylor, Michigan, etc. but this happens with virtually every team outside of UGA this season (and they've had plenty of chokes of their own in recent memory with Mr. Kirby). The key is - like Bama and Ohio St routinely do - just win; get out of there with a victory, correct the issues, better improvement next week. And, if there is an inferior loss, it can't snowball into a two or three game thing - that's what these coaches at premier programs are so good at. I have no doubt Mario or Lane will be able to do this with this program and the financial commitment that seems to be on the horizon.

Last edited:
I'm from the South but went to HS in Utah always been a Cane fan but Utah is my second favorite team! Them boys are a good team tuff! Put some respect in them Utes! I was there when Urban was the coach and Alex Smith went number #1 remember then going down to the sugar bowl and beating Bama team has always played with pride! Go Canes!

Mario is Not the answer. He isn't a good coach. It shows by how bad his team crap the bed at end of seasons. Some of you are delusional thinking he is the answer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wario is an excellent recruiter...a sub par game day coach. He'll win you 9-10 games...but lose a couple of head scratchers...EVERY YEAR. Prove me wrong.

At this point I will take a 9-10 win team.
1617E907-B940-47DD-9DE2-2BEAB57A8E6C.jpeg

Advertisement
Back