Things have lined up

Yes, and Diaz is getting fired, while you and others want UM to pay 4 million to buyout Diaz, then 9 million to buyout Cristobal, and pay Mario 7-8 million per year on a 6-7 year contract, while at the same time saying his only chance at being successful is to hit a homerun at OC and DC.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I don't see a huge difference between Schiano and Mario, yet if Schiano got hired, it would be greeted with a wet fart sound.I
The fact that you don’t see a big difference between shciano and Mario is all I need to know about your take.

I truly don’t care if it’s Mario or lane or along those lines. But thinking Mario is just Diaz or schiano is laughable

Advertisement
And just choked on national television and couldn't beat the utes! Mario isn't it.. but keep simping Kevin 😭
Well you just write the check on that undefeated coach. I mean all of our successful coaches were winning championships before coming to Miami right?

Advertisement
Nah it is just bullshyt. Comparing sleepwalking through a game against Vanderbilt vs being on ABC in primetime with the playoff on the line and getting embarrassed is as bad as the worst defenses of Diaz you've read.
Nah what’s bulls **** is defending one guy and ripping the other who‘s done more as a HC in four years than the guy you're defending in his entire career. I’m the one saying both have flaws.

The fact that you don’t see a big difference between shciano and Mario is all I need to know about your take.

I truly don’t care if it’s Mario or lane or along those lines. But thinking Mario is just Diaz or schiano is laughable

Remember this in 4 years when you and everyone else is complaining we got a guy who recruits better than Diaz constantly loses games he shouldn't.

Miami has excellent talent at QB, and good talent at RB, TE, and WR. If you honestly think Cristobal would get more out that talent in 2022 and 2023 than Kiffin, it tells me a lot about you rationality. Cristobal may be capable of building a better team than Kiffin by year 3, but if year 1 and 2 dont work out because he didn't get elite OCs and DCs (which even the most hardcore Mario fans say is absolutely vital to his success), fans will be calling for his head. We have an irrational, impatient fan base that will be apoplectic if Mario wastes TVDs talent.

You’re reaching. Again how did Mario not develop Herbert? Simple fūcking question.

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Justin-Herbert-Chargers-NFL-Oregon-Ducks-168765982/

Simple ******* Answer, how about ******* read the above article? Okay, let me make it easy for your ******* simple ******* brain so it doesn't have to find quotes:

"He has more confidence. Knowing the plays, knowing what to do, knowing what to look at, knowing where to throw the ball and when to throw it. Last year, he was just calling the play and not really knowing what was going on," Chargers pro-bowl receiver Keenan Allen told the franchise's website. "

Who was the guy responsible for his development at Oregon the year before he was drafted? HC Mario ******* Cristobal, the Captain of the ship, not some other weenie QB coach

https://fishduck.com/2021/03/did-oregon-fail-to-develop-justin-herbert/

Why the **** would the hack for the Oregon fan site write this defense if the question had not come up? Why did Herbert drop behind Burrow and Tua?

Hmm, look at this ******* article too:

https://www.pff.com/news/college-justin-herbert-worth-risk-first-round-2020-nfl-draft

"Herbert has also been heavily criticized for poor performances in big games. Arguably the three biggest games of Herbert’s 2019 season are the following: Week 1 vs. Auburn, Pac-12 Championship vs. Utah and the Rose Bowl vs. Wisconsin. All three were among his four worst single-game grades of the season and combined to make up a 58.2 overall grade."

Gee, Mario just got ******* blown out with barely any offense in a big game just tonight...Don't worry, I'm sure TVD won't see the re-cap on his ******* phone.

So I am ******* reaching when I say that TVD MIGHT have some trepidation about his future with Mario as HC, especially if he cans Lashlee?

Someone needs to use their ******* head and think a couple of steps ahead instead of being a ******* poster equivalent of Blake James.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mario could’ve been looking and thinking about Miami all week and that led to this performance. He could not have and just sh*t the bed. Tonight doesn’t change much for me. I have some concerns about Mario but ultimately his record has to come into account for something. He’s won a Rose Bowl, 2 conference titles and as long as he doesn’t lose next week he can avenge this loss tonight. Mario didn’t take over a well oiled machine in Oregon. The program has issues and for the most part he’s corrected those. We can nitpick all we want but Mario took a 7-6 team and turned the program around. Stacked the roster with talent and has the team on the right trajectory. We all want a championship asap but it’s not gonna happen no matter who the HC is.

Nah what’s bulls **** is defending one guy and ripping the other who‘s done more as a HC in four years than the guy you're defending in his entire career. I’m the one saying both have flaws.
As far as Lane Kiffin all I've done is point out there isn't some clear advantage that Mario has in recruiting despite that being a constant theme from the uninformed.

Got people pushing for a guy when they can't answer one simple question. Probably because they know they won't like the answer. If his roster is so **** loaded why does it rarely ever play to its alleged talent level? Either he's not recruiting as well as people think or he and his coaches are not putting those players in the best position to win and the players are overcoming his deficiencies. The first scenario is arbitrary. The second scenario is a red flag that his backers choose to ignore because "multiple Pac-12 titles" when every one with a brain knows he's not even playing in the title game last year if Washington doesn't have Covid.

He’s got the talent advantage and got dismantled. It’s one thing to lose a close one, it’s another to get blown out by a less talented team.

You’re seeing his ceiling. This is who he is whether it’s in Oregon or Miami. If he can’t make the playoffs with the talent advantage he has in the worst P5 conference what makes you think he’ll ever make the playoffs with Miami?
While I tend to agree you don’t really have a talent advantage when your least talented skill position player is your QB

Advertisement
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Justin-Herbert-Chargers-NFL-Oregon-Ducks-168765982/

Simple ******* Answer, how about ******* read the above article? Okay, let me make it easy for your ******* simple ******* brain so it doesn't have to find quotes:

"He has more confidence. Knowing the plays, knowing what to do, knowing what to look at, knowing where to throw the ball and when to throw it. Last year, he was just calling the play and not really knowing what was going on," Chargers pro-bowl receiver Keenan Allen told the franchise's website. "

Who was the guy responsible for his development at Oregon the year before he was drafted? HC Mario ******* Cristobal, the Captain of the ship, not some other weenie QB coach

Why the **** would the hack for the Oregon fan site write this defense if the question had not come up? Why did Herbert drop behind Burrow and Tua?

https://www.pff.com/news/college-justin-herbert-worth-risk-first-round-2020-nfl-draft

"Herbert has also been heavily criticized for poor performances in big games. Arguably the three biggest games of Herbert’s 2019 season are the following: Week 1 vs. Auburn, Pac-12 Championship vs. Utah and the Rose Bowl vs. Wisconsin. All three were among his four worst single-game grades of the season and combined to make up a 58.2 overall grade."

Gee, Mario just got ******* blown out with barely any offense in a big game just tonight...Don't worry, I'm sure TVD won't see the re-cap on his ******* phone.

So I am ******* reaching when i say that TVD MIGHT have some trepidation about his future with Mario as HC, especially if he cans Lashlee?

Someone needs to use their ******* head and think a couple of steps ahead instead of being a ******* poster equivelent of Blake James.

Answer this question fūckface, is Mario the quarterback coach? Quarterbacks are developed by either offensive coordinators and/or quarterback coaches.

You're just dribbling your little limp **** all over your agenda about Mario.

I’m not the biggest Mario fan in the world but I’m not some know-nothing ***** face coming up with bullshlt reasons to go after somebody who has enough faults, like losing a big game tonight, but the quarterback development wasn’t on him.

Only a fūcking simpleton like you, that doesn't understand football, would think that was on this head coach. He’s not that kind of coach. He’s a kind of coach that has to hire a top-notch offensive coordinator and/or quarterback coach.

Everytime you guys get hit with very valid Luigi critiques the retort is always "Welllll no coach is perfect. Who do YOU want?!".

How many freakin' times do we have to tell you? We want an amalgamation of Kiffin, Aranda & Herman but ONLY if they bring Napier as OC and Sitake as DC.

Otherwise we're just gonna point a gun at Chris Petersen's head and tell him to stop whining about his son's health that his *** is coming 3000 miles east and he's gonna sign a 10 year deal no matter how much he tells us he's calling the cops the moment we land because he's more retired than Jimmy Johnson and John Madden combined.

Got it? So shut da fugg up everytime we pass on Luigi the Gameday Corch.

Advertisement

So I am ******* reaching when i say that TVD MIGHT have some trepidation about his future with Mario as HC, especially if he cans Lashlee?

Someone needs to use their ******* head and think a couple of steps ahead instead of being a ******* poster equivelent of Blake James.
To be fair, Herbert improved from Taggart to Year 1 Mario to Year 2 Mario. Herbert has been up down in the NFL too, especially this season. He’s a good QB but the issue has always been consistency with him.

Not saying Mario was getting the best out of him but no QB is a perfect product when they turn pro, minus maybe Luck.

I do understand your opinion but also read he's a great coach but you dont want.
I never said I didn’t want him, my exact words have been for the 1,00th time, I don’t think what he wants to do will work here because philosophically it will take longer to transition into to immediate success for us, because the circumstances are different than they are for Oregon.

I’m not anti-Mario, I’m anti his philosophy & just because he’s a great coach doesn’t mean what he does will work in every situation.

I think Luke Fickell is a great coach too, but I don’t think he would work here, I think Paul Chryst is a great coach but I don’t think he would work here either because his style isn’t what we are. I think even Kalani Sitake is a great coach, but i don’t think his system would work here either...

Is that more clear for you to understand?

Mario, not only lost the game, he lost some leverage tonight as well.
donald-duck.gif

As far as Lane Kiffin all I've done is point out there isn't some clear advantage that Mario has in recruiting despite that being a constant theme from the uninformed.

Got people pushing for a guy when they can't answer one simple question. Probably because they know they won't like the answer. If his roster is so **** loaded why does it rarely ever play to its alleged talent level? Either he's not recruiting as well as people think or he and his coaches are not putting those players in the best position to win and the players are overcoming his deficiencies. The first scenario is arbitrary. The second scenario is a red flag that his backers choose to ignore because "multiple Pac-12 titles" when every one with a brain knows he's not even playing in the title game last year if Washington doesn't have Covid.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Point blank, I want someone who makes the most of the talent that they acquire.

On paper, the talent margin he's working with is miles wide. What's he do with it? He should be working teams, but is constantly in a dogfight.

OLE Miss isn't supposed to be beating some of the teams they're beating. They're not even supposed to be on the same field. Same with Kentucky, they're not even a foot all school. Baylor, same thing. Cincy anyone?

Mario is a solid coach, an alum, local, and loves this place. Right OC and DC will make him look good if he gets it right. That's what you delve into in the interview process.

Still, there's no spinning tonight and all the other close games or losses. They shouldn't even be close if Mario is beyond reproach. Solid candidate, but is he worth all the money? I don't think so.

Advertisement
Back