Things have lined up

The same guys will say Mario’s best year was with Herbert, but then suck off Lane for this year , yet leave off his current qb being a stud. They come back with “if they played Osu again they get blown out“ which is a way of discrediting that win. They’ll rag him about losing to Wsu even though his OC about died in pre game and wasn’t there for that game.
On top of that there was multiple god awful calls late.

People try to build narratives like it’s main stream news lol. The truth is the same now as it was before the game, there’s no perfect hire and they all have flaws. You’re smoking drugs if you don’t think Lane isn’t feast or absolute famine. Especially with his off field issues. Thats coming from a guy ok with him being plan B. I’m just saying.
I cant with them lol they are fried bruh

Advertisement
C'mon, man. That's a BAD loss with everything on the line.

I don't doubt there were mitigating factors - I had it on the projector with Miami on the laptop and good lord Oregon did not look like they wanted to be there - but in the cold light of day losing his automatic Playoff slot by getting run out of the building?

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity
Oregon’s QB was atrocious. That’s a different game with TVD.

Probably still a loss but the score would be much closer.

Last edited:
Would Lane choose us over Florida though?
Probably. He has to figure out how to beat Smart. Plus, Florida ALWAYS plays LSU. If he came figure out how to win his division, then he has to beat the monster from the SEC West in the championship game.

Oregon’s QB was atrocious. That’s different game with TVD.

Probably still a loss but the score would be much closer.
He was, but Utah had their way with with Oregon in all three phases. A good QB covers up a lot of warts.

Advertisement
He gets credit for beating Ohio st. But the end result is that the most talented team in the pac12 is not making the playoffs because of what happened tonight. Failing to make the playoffs by getting blown out by Utah overshadows a very good win against Ohio st. Both were statement games and tonight’s statement was louder that the Ohio st win, in my humble opin
He’s got the talent advantage and got dismantled. It’s one thing to lose a close one, it’s another to get blown out by a less talented team.

You’re seeing his ceiling. This is who he is whether it’s in Oregon or Miami. If he can’t make the playoffs with the talent advantage he has in the worst P5 conference what makes you think he’ll ever make the playoffs with Miami?
Hmm... It was a bad look for Mario tonight. But it happens to even the best. Kirby lost to Mullen last year. Dabo lost to very inferior NC State and Pitt squads this year. And came close to losing to FSU. But who here wouldn't take Dabo right now? The only "sure thing" coaches are Saban and Urban and neither are coming to Miami.

So we've gotta roll with the best of the imperfect options we've got available and Mario - despite this crap performance tonight - should be high on that list.

Advertisement
Its amazing how when your predetermined choice gets blown out you call it dying on the cross, but when coaches you dont want get blown out its proof they suck.

The thing everyone needs to really think about is why is there no clear cut favorite for Miami.

I seriously would give Chris Peterson the first, second and third call with Aranda getting the 4th. I need someone who wins when he has more talent on the field.
You seriously want to give a guy a call who walked away from coaching because he was done with coaching after being in the exact area he wanted to be in but now you want him to fly 2700 miles south east after he quit coaching without being forced out

The same guys who were hoping Oregon would lose to Utah to better our odds of landing Mario now are ripping Mario for losing to Utah.

You have to love our fanbase.
Very bizarre to hope for a coach to lose so you have a chance to hire him. Very freaking weird. Not sold on Mario though. Actually I'm pretty cold on the idea.

I've seen a couple excuses for tonight's disaster: altitude and distractions. Both may have factored but I watched up until the fourth quarter and that Ducks team had zero fire - not even coming out of the tunnel. The Utes came out being led by a player on a freaking Harley!!.

And this isn't one game. They lost to Stanford (3-7). What's the excuse for that? That team should have been high as **** after beating taint, at the shoe and a having a couple walk throughs against scrubs.

Hope the new AD makes the right call. Glad I'm not in charge of that decision. Miami is a tough stage.

I want a winning coach.. I don't care who and where he comes from. Wario is a loser and always will be, and Lane will be Lane hard pass. But keep posting and telling yourself it will happen.
I forgot what an idiot point of view you have. It was nice when you were not on the radar

Advertisement
Very bizarre to hope for a coach to lose so you have a chance to hire him. Very freaking weird. Not sold on Mario though. Actually I'm pretty cold on the idea.

I've seen a couple excuses for tonight's disaster: altitude and distractions. Both may have factored but I watched up until the fourth quarter and that Ducks team had zero fire - not even coming out of the tunnel. The Utes came out being led by a player on a freaking Harley!!.

And this isn't one game. They lost to Stanford (3-7). What's the excuse for that? That team should have been high as **** after beating taint, at the shoe and a having a couple walk throughs against scrubs.

Hope the new AD makes the right call. Glad I'm not in charge of that decision. Miami is a tough stage.
The standard of perfection yall have. Entitled fan base.

Not the point I was making. Just highlighting how bad Oregon’s QB was.

I haven’t been impressed with him all year but I’m not familiar with Oregon’s backup QB to say Mario is loyal to a fault like Manny.

Advertisement
Did you know Oregon and Miami lost the exact same number of games last season, but UM played 4 more games than Oregon?
Did you know that Miami has lost three more games than Oregon despite playing the same amount of games this year

Advertisement
Back