Things have lined up

Advertisement
I can respect that point of view. I agree that There are no perfect coaches and for each of them it’s about picking what you can live with. Hopefully I’m wrong. I’d love nothing more than for someone to bump this thread in a few years to call me out.

Advertisement
Did you know that Miami has lost three more games than Oregon despite playing the same amount of games this year

Yes, and Diaz is getting fired, while you and others want UM to pay 4 million to buyout Diaz, then 9 million to buyout Cristobal, and pay Mario 7-8 million per year on a 6-7 year contract, while at the same time saying his only chance at being successful is to hit a homerun at OC and DC.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I don't see a huge difference between Schiano and Mario, yet if Schiano got hired, it would be greeted with a wet fart sound.

So is Mario a quarterback coach now?

No, but the conventional wisdom is he cost Hebert draft placement, possibly the #1 pick given Burrow's physical limitations. Like a lot of people, I watched Hebert's combine and was impressed, hoping the Dolphins would take him instead of Tua. But, they were scared off by Hebert's relatively pedestrian record at Oregon, took Tua and the rest is history. Sure #6 doesn't sound bad, but check this out:

https://www.al.com/sports/2021/04/nfl-draft-2021-how-much-each-first-round-pick-will-be-paid.html

Excerpt:

"The fifth player picked on Thursday night – LSU wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase by the Cincinnati Bengals -- will get a contract that’s worth about $3.5 million more than that of the sixth player picked – Waddle. That’s a difference of around $875,000 per year over the life of the contract."

TVD may LOVE Miami, but he is from Connecticut, where CFB interest pales compared to the NFL (I have lived in the Northeast). To a guy of his background, losing NFL draft position is non-negotiable. If he thinks he has a chance of losing such position (and especially if a new regime is firing the OC that is giving him the 300+ yard games and NFL throws, for a dink and dump O) he will hit the portal. He isn't losing the dream NFL stardom and top pick $$$ because the 'Canes are set on a certain new HC.

Advertisement
You mean like lane against Alabama?

Herman

It's not that hard
This goofy ******?

Houston's coach got a diamond grill with Paul Wall, like he promised -  SBNation.com

You make fun of Norvell too right?

Advertisement
No, but the conventional wisdom is he cost Hebert draft placement, possibly the #1 pick given Burrow's physical limitations. Like a lot of people, I watched Hebert's combine and was impressed, hoping the Dolphins would take him instead of Tua. But, they were scared off by Hebert's relatively pedestrian record at Oregon, took Tua and the rest is history. Sure #6 doesn't sound bad, but check this out:

https://www.al.com/sports/2021/04/nfl-draft-2021-how-much-each-first-round-pick-will-be-paid.html

Excerpt:

"The fifth player picked on Thursday night – LSU wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase by the Cincinnati Bengals -- will get a contract that’s worth about $3.5 million more than that of the sixth player picked – Waddle. That’s a difference of around $875,000 per year over the life of the contract."

TVD may LOVE Miami, but he is from Connecticut, where CFB interest pales compared to the NFL (I have lived in the Northeast). To a guy of his background, losing NFL draft position is non-negotiable. If he thinks he has a chance of losing such position (and especially if a new regime is firing the OC that is giving him the 300+ yard games and NFL throws, for a dink and dump O) he will hit the portal. He isn't losing the dream NFL stardom and top pick $$$ because the 'Canes are set on a certain new HC.

You’re reaching. Again how did Mario not develop Herbert? Simple fūcking question.

You mean like lane against Alabama?
Where in my post did I say anything about Lane or make a direct comparison? Or are you just making an assumption to feel like you made a point. But let's go ahead and play that out.

Was Lane on the road against a 23rd ranked opponent, while he was ranked 3rd in the country and on the doorstep of getting into the playoff. That's rhetorical - we both know the ***ing answer.

Look - I like Mario and I'd be happy to have him as a coach but this game, along with maybe a more head scratching loss to Stanford just doesn't excite me. I wanted the guy to win ffs.

Advertisement
Lol at Miami fans freaking out about Oregon’s loss. We weren’t getting him if he made the playoffs.

He’s won conference championships, bowl games, and beat OSU at the shoe. Oregon wasn’t even on the map when he got there.

Really, not on the map!

4-8 and 7-6 the two years before Mario

Advertisement
Back