Things have lined up

Advertisement
He gets credit for beating Ohio st. But the end result is that the most talented team in the pac12 is not making the playoffs because of what happened tonight. Failing to make the playoffs by getting blown out by Utah overshadows a very good win against Ohio st. Both were statement games and tonight’s statement was louder that the Ohio st win, in my humble opinion.
I agree. He may not be one of the elite coaches in America. But he is a very good coach and attainable for us now (hopefully). If he won tonight nobody would be saying jack and he wouldn’t be an option for us.

like no one gets blown out, lol these guys. Lane has lost like 500 jobs already
C'mon, man. That's a BAD loss with everything on the line.

I don't doubt there were mitigating factors - I had it on the projector with Miami on the laptop and good lord Oregon did not look like they wanted to be there - but in the cold light of day losing his automatic Playoff slot by getting run out of the building?

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

Advertisement
C'mon, man. That's a BAD loss with everything on the line.

I don't doubt there were mitigating factors - I had it on the projector with Miami on the laptop and good lord Oregon did not look like they wanted to be there - but in the cold light of day losing his automatic Playoff slot by getting run out of the building?

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity
bring me a real recruiter not a fake one, everyone thinks we bring in monster classes and they arent good every season. I dont care what rankings say our classes are not good or close to elite. The evals are bad everything is bad

Advertisement
like no one gets blown out, lol these guys. Lane has lost like 500 jobs already
The same guys will say Mario’s best year was with Herbert, but then suck off Lane for this year , yet leave off his current qb being a stud. They come back with “if they played Osu again they get blown out“ which is a way of discrediting that win. They’ll rag him about losing to Wsu even though his OC about died in pre game and wasn’t there for that game.
On top of that there was multiple god awful calls late.

People try to build narratives like it’s main stream news lol. The truth is the same now as it was before the game, there’s no perfect hire and they all have flaws. You’re smoking drugs if you don’t think Lane isn’t feast or absolute famine. Especially with his off field issues. Thats coming from a guy ok with him being plan B. I’m just saying.

When Mario wins three titles make all the rationalizing comparisons to Urban Meyer you want.
Meyer won everywhere he has gone--Bowling Green, Utah, Florida and Ohio State has a head coach. He is on the Mount Rushmore of Modern College Coaches with Saban. The only question is who are the other two?

Advertisement
This “loser” has two conference championships, rose bowl win, beat OSU at the shoe, and a 12 win season.

We aren’t touching a coach with a better resume
And just choked on national television and couldn't beat the utes! Mario isn't it.. but keep simping Kevin 😭

Advertisement
Can't trust Lane will be here longer than 2 years or so. He always jumps to the next best thing. He did get fired at USC.
He's not coming here with the hopes of bolting for another college job in another college town. He could stay in Oxford and achieve that.

If he comes here the only threat is the notion of eventually going back to the NFL and I doubt that happens in 2 years. If he kills it here to the extent that it does then I'm absolutely fine with it. Our job will be all the more coveted then.

Advertisement
Back