There it is...a glimmer of hope...

LOL at the Dolphins and Stephen Ross ******** over the Hurricanes. Ross makes north of $4M per year on the Hurricanes. If they leave, Ross doesn't simply just makeup that money elsewhere; it's an opportunity cost. Besides, unless the contract between the University of Miami and Stephen Ross is as shoddy as the Ark St/University of Miami contract, there is assuredly some language baked in that dictates Ross has to provide years of advance notice in order to terminate the agreement. It wouldn't surprise me whatsoever if he'd have to give 3-5 years' advance written notice of intention to terminate.

Ross makes $4M+ per year on the Canes

Advertisement
Of course you always keep options open in business, if possible. But zero chance Dolphins ever leave the Canes high and dry. Zero. It just won’t happen.

Dolphins want to be seen as a socially responsible member of the community, and are even more afraid of the public backlash, it’s something they wouldn’t even dare.

The worst they’re going to do is drive a harder bargain and that’s the ONLY thing the administration fears - less money from the deal - and that’s only at the end of the lease. Give me a break.

And guess what - it’s the same issues with another stadium that we also would NOT OWN. We are at the mercy of someone else. As we will always be. It’s exactly the same thing. Don’t you people understand that? EXACTLY THE SAME THING.

And please stop with the public transportation thing. People in Miami don’t take public transportation. What fantasyland are you people living in?

Ive always taken public transportation to the Heat games and also to the panthers games when they played in the old Miami arena. For football you're right. i would not take a train to the stadium unless my friends were already there and the tailgate was set up.

I wouldn't put anything past the Dolphins organization. they make irrational moves all the time. See the recent trades and the last 20 years of misery they have bestowed upon this community. If the canes were to stay there, i would think they would be working on an extension soon. Stephen Ross is like a 130 years old. Who knows what the next guy in line has in mind.

If the Canes were to go into the deal as a partner with Beckham and the Mass brothers, they would have a saying on what goes on. Not a slam dunk but like i said, i think they definitely should listen.

Even my idiot FSU and UF friends say Hard Rock is an advantage to us now that the renovations have been completed.

Honestly my opinion kids don't care about having a on campus stadium as long as the facilities are nice

Of course you listen, you always listen, you never leave yourself zero options, but we’re talking probabilities here.

The probability of the canes playing anywhere other than at Hard Rock within the foreseeable future, say the next 20 years or so, is about as close to zero as you can get.

This whole thing with Beckham and the Mas brothers, even without the Canes involved, is nothing but smoke and mirrors right now. You guys are getting worked up over something whose financing is based on make-believe numbers and a wing and a prayer, when we’re in an absolutely beautiful situation right now. IT’S LIKE YOU DIDN’T GO TO A SINGLE GAME LAST YEAR.

Literally advocating for a shlttier stadium, probably harder to get to, probably worse parking and tailgating situation, a much less stable financial situation, less stable financial partners, will probably require city/county/taxpayer involvement, for a stadium that doesn’t even exist and most likely will never be built. For a stadium we still will not own and will likely be an inferior partner.

Honestly, do you not realize how stupid it all sounds?

the dumbest thing is not listening...I not only went to every game last year (except notre dame), but i flew out for UNC. I love the new hardrock stadium and i hope we continue to play there for a very long time. I just dont trust the dolphins. That 4 million we pay to play there yearly, probably goes towards field maintenance and saturdays payroll. The dolphins prob dont see much profit from that deal (which was made way before the renovations took place) again, I dont trust the ****** dolphins.

All im saying is to listen...

Advertisement
It will work itself out in a few years.

1) Stay away from Beckham, that project is doomed for failure
2) Hard Rock is a plus for the Canes, great situation for now
3) Eventually Jeter will move the Marlins and the old OB site will be back on the market with a reasonable purchase price (since it will be vacant). Oh I know, 20 year contract blah blah blah- do you really think the city of Miami attorneys will out-manuever MLB and Marlins attorneys? Just FYI, I'd place my bet on the Marlins going back to the original name of the Florida Marlins and moving to Orlando, where Jeter will make some kind of partnership deal with Disney and make approximately ALL THE MONEY.

Does Miami make any money from the home games at HRS?
I can't imagine that they wouldn't. I have no clue what their arrangements are with HRS, but I do know they did ok at the OB. My father was the OB stadium manager from 1960 to 1979 and preferred dealing with the U than that a**hole Joe Robbie.

Hurricanes current stadium situation is among the 15-best in the COuntry. Recruits love it. The VTech, Notre Dame and Wisconsin games rivaled any environment that the Orange Bowl ever produced.

It would be foolish to leave that stadium during the next 3 years!

Advertisement
The dolphins are spending crazy amount of money repairing the field and changing over from Hurricanes to Dolphins. Whenever there is a back to back game on the same weekend, you can see the phin players and opponents slipping all over the place. The players and fans have been *****ing about it for years.

So we should have an MLS team do what the Dolphins do? It's the same deal, with a new boss. I do agree, it's nice to have a back up plan, but you are talking 14 years from now.

So we should have an MLS team do what the Dolphins do? It's the same deal, with a new boss. I do agree, it's nice to have a back up plan, but you are talking 14 years from now.
If you come in as a partner it's not the same deal. And yea 14 years seems like a long time, until you remember you haven't played at the OB in 11

Again, let me provide another public service announcement, so the CIS peanut gallery, doesn’t get carried away.

IT
IS
NOT
HAPPENING

Put a stake in it!

86B7CCFB-C294-4CFB-9390-976ED2C16486.gif

NOT HAPPENING

You're better than this. The Marlins are NEVER leaving Miami. Ever. MLB won't allow it especially with the Marlins now having their own state of the art Ballpark. The South Florida market is too important for them. A new owner just purchased the franchise and they are broke. Hurricane fans need to accept reality and realize this is not an option.

That being said, I am fine with HRS. I doubt we consider changing stadiums unless something crazy happens.

Did you just say that the Mojones are NEVER leaving Miami?

I don't care if we are back in Little Havana, means absolutely nothing to me. I will not entertain foolishness, though. The Marlins would be one of the first teams to relocate in MLB, if not the first, new owners, "footprint," or not.

Advertisement
Just ask him out already. He'll say no, but at least you can move on.

Advertisement
This statement differs from the information posted by the University. But you know better since they told you there were 8,500 undergrads in 1987.

You are a hilarious little butt-hurt crybaby.

The thread is about building a stadium and how many people will show up.

And, yes, about 8,500 full-time main-campus undergrads pay the Athletic Fee.

But, hey, keep it up. Keep researching old threads because you are mad at me for correcting you about Nick Saban's stats. Keep bumping old threads and then accusing other people of caring about your factually incorrect posts.

Seriously, this is funny to watch. I've rarely seen someone fall apart so quickly simply because your inaccurate post got corrected.

WAAAAHHHH.

Hard Rock is half filled majority of the time anyway. Wouldn't mind playing in a packed 30K seat state of the art soccer stadium

Advertisement
Back