There has always been a talent gap

Offense -

- Cam is Cam. Good speed back who can break a long run if he gets to the outside or has an open hole, but he's not going to make guys miss or get the tough yards in between the tackles. Chaney and Knighton are dynamic runners who are future stars in this program and offense

- Brevin just adds another element to this offense that nobody else can. Would love for him to come back and put a full dominant season together and turn himself into a 1st rd pick. He has the talent, just needs to stay healthy and put it all together

- Mike Harley - kudos to him for taking the criticism this year and really putting in the work to have a great end to his Canes career. True cane.

- King - PLEASE COME BACK.

- OL - Still has strength and consistency issues, but Donaldson is HUGE (literally). If he can get in better shape and continue to push guys around (that hole for Cam was all him) he'll be massive (pun intended). Good to see Jalen Rivers get some time. He looks big as well

brevin is gone even though I agree with your statement. Risk vs reward isn’t there to come back. He has already had all those injuries and won’t want to risk another one to move up a round or 2. If he is projected to be off the board by round 3. He needs to go get his money.

Advertisement
We need Clemson to beat ND. That will put both in the playoff, then we get the Orange Bowl as long as we take care of our business. Any other year and we’d be playing Clemson again in Charlotte.

Phillips has been a momster..but ppl saying **** go 1st or 2nd if he bounces haven’t learned **** over the years..he’d get drafted but he needs more tape
He'll ONLY fall out of the first round due to injury concerns, not his play on the field. He'll destroy the combine.

Advertisement
Phillips is far beyond my wildest expectations from even the beginning of the season. He's the best defensive player Miami has had since 2007, in my opinion. He will most likely finish at the top of my Bucs 1st round wish list.
You think this szn has been better than Greg’s year last year?

We need Clemson to beat ND. That will put both in the playoff, then we get the Orange Bowl as long as we take care of our business. Any other year and we’d be playing Clemson again in Charlotte.
If Clemson beats ND I bet anything ND gets a playoff spot. We actually need ND to beat Clemson again.

then for a inexplicable rzn you have 2 2 loss teams in UGA and Iowa st ranked ahead of a team whose only loss came on the road to a healthy Clemson team smh. We just need to take care of biz vs UNC at home

Miami looked pretty great. One of the most dominating performances we've had over the past...15 years.

But, Duke is another level of bad. They are bad bad.

My biggest takeaway from the game is Jaelen Phillips realizes it is BAG SZN rn. He's playing like a 5-star, first round type player right now. He's all over the field and just a buzzsaw off the snap.

Any hope he sticks around is diminishing by the second.

Phillips is far beyond my wildest expectations from even the beginning of the season. He's the best defensive player Miami has had since 2007, in my opinion. He will most likely finish at the top of my Bucs 1st round wish list.
Did you completely forget what greg Rousseau did last season ? 15.5 sacks 19.5 tfls which was 2nd both categories only behind chase young in virtually his first season playing dline full time ever as only a redshirt freshman? Phillips is a stud no doubt and he’s a more explosive/twitchy edge rusher than Rousseau but regardless Rousseau be creating havoc too now.

If you are looking solely as an edge rusher you might want to go with Phillips since he’s better at rushing the passer as an end and more advanced. He’s a Myles garret type of player that’s my comp for Phillips. Phillips plays very hard

For Rousseau he’s more effective right now at rushing the passer in the interior than on the outside but also still can get the job done. He’s an explosive athlete but not as explosive as Philips. Plays very hard. My comp for Rousseau is Jason pierre Paul esque/ or Calais campbell which I eventually Think he can grow into. They got similar play styles

Advertisement
Did you completely forget what greg Rousseau did last season ? 15.5 sacks 19.5 tfls which was 2nd both categories only behind chase young in virtually his first season playing dline full time ever as only a redshirt freshman? Phillips is a stud no doubt and he’s a more explosive/twitchy edge rusher than Rousseau but regardless Rousseau be creating havoc too now.

If you are looking solely as an edge rusher you might want to go with Phillips since he’s better at rushing the passer as an end and more advanced. He’s a Myles garret type of player that’s my comp for Phillips. Phillips plays very hard

For Rousseau he’s more effective right now at rushing the passer in the interior than on the outside but also still can get the job done. He’s an explosive athlete but not as explosive as Philips. Plays very hard. My comp for Rousseau is Jason pierre Paul esque/ or Calais campbell which I eventually Think he can grow into. They got similar play styles
I think you have this backwards. GR is twitchier, arguably more explosive, and a better pass rusher. But that’s where it ends.

Phillips is more complete and better suited for the next level. He is size that GR never had and doesn’t look to have the frame to ever have. Phillips can set the edge.

The pass rush from the interior is gimmicky **** that works in college, but neither - esp GR - are gonna get away with that on Sundays.

Where Phillips ha impressed me is his development. He has an ****nal of moves he didn’t have at the beginning of the season, when he was solely a speed/bull rusher. Both he and the staff deserve credit there.

Last edited:
I think you have this backwards. GR is twitchier, arguably more explosive, and a better pad rusher. But that’s where it ends.

Phillips is more complete and better suited for the next level. He is size that GR never had and doesn’t look to have the frame to ever have. Phillips can set the edge.

The pass rush from the interior is gimmicky **** that works in college, but neither - esp GR - are gonna get away with that on Sundays.

Where Phillips ha impressed me is his development. He has an ****nal of moves he didn’t have at the beginning of the season, when he was solely a speed/bull rusher. Both he and the staff deserve credit there.
Rousseau not twitchier than Phillips. Look at the get offs. Both will test great at the combine but Phillips will test better imo. Greg has put on some good weight . He’s 6’7 265-270 right now and looks the part for sure.

Rousseau not twitchier than Phillips. Look at the get offs. Both will test great at the combine but Phillips will test better imo. Greg has put on some good weight . He’s 6’7 265-270 right now and looks the part for sure.
Replay last years film. GR’s get off was insane. That’s how he had 15.5 sacks in basically 2/3 of a season.

Agree to disagree on this one. Curious to what @HighSeas thinks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No chance, and that’s not a knock on Greg. Jaelan is at a different level athleticism wise
No chance, and that’s not a knock on Greg. Jaelan is at a different level athleticism wise.

When I use the term “explosive” in this sense, I’m basically referring to get off. Phillips is explosive in a different way... he can be explosive like Nesta can. Just plow through a guy.

I think there is some recency bias here. Phillips has had a nice month. But don’t forget GR is a consensus projected top 10 pick. He was so fast in his get off, so long, and so good with his timing, that he was basically unblockable. His 15.5 sacks speak for themselves.

To put this into perspective the last time we shut out a power 5 opponent I was a month old and now I’m a freshman in college
I read stuff like this and give fans like you a ton of credit. You probably only started really understanding and rooting in games by the time we sucked. Been in a world of misery since. Whoever put you up to it deserves a medal.

I can't recall the last time I saw Miami make a team quit in the first half. I know it's just Duke, but as @DMoney stated this is a team that in the past few years has given us fits. Great to see Miami come out strong after such a layoff. Hopefully, this energy carries over into the last couple of games and into the offseason.

GO CANES!!!

Notre Dame 2017.

Bandy’s Pick Six. They quit after that

Advertisement
Back