There has always been a talent gap

also, up until tonight i had harbored a sliiiight hope of jaelan phillips coming back....LOL. he gone. go get that money, kid. what a show he put on tonight.
Tonight? Really the past 3 weeks he’s been unable to be stopped. Kid is going to go in the 1st round with GR15 in the Top 10 picks. Will help solidify our DE recruiting for years to come.

Advertisement
Tonight? Really the past 3 weeks he’s been unable to be stopped. Kid is going to go in the 1st round with GR15 in the Top 10 picks. Will help solidify our DE recruiting for years to come.
i think he's a second rounder, perhaps late first round. he gets by on relentless effort and athletic ability more so than technique. if he came back and refined his game he could be a top 10 pick for sure, which is why i was hanging on to some hope that he'd come back. but yeah, the way he's turned it on the past few weeks, he's gone.

Advertisement
Kind of sucks that we won't get to appreciate this team the way we could have in a non-COVID year. I think we could have made a run of some sort. We will lose a lot of talent next year.

What changed? They appreciated being able to go out and play football and played every snap like it could be the last snap of the season. Took nothing for granted all night.

Advertisement
It looks like Blake James knew what he was doing by hiring Manny. Manny learned alot from his first season, With the incoming recruiting class it looks like he might be building a top 10 program. Let's hope so

WRONG. Coaches are not allowed to learn from mistakes and get better. They are supposed to turn 7-6 teams into 12-0 teams and win a national championship in their first year, you know, just like Dabo did. Huge mistake by Flake James

-signed

99% of posters on this site

Advertisement
The Canes were shut out twice since joining the ACC (Virginia and Clemson). This is the first time the Canes defense shutout an FBS team since FIU in 2006, and the first shutout of an ACC opponent by the Canes defense since joining the ACC conference.

Things are definitely changing for the better in this Canes program

Advertisement
Great work and impressive win by this group, but do not get ahead of yourself. There is a talent gap between this year's Duke team and most of them under Cutcliff. Duke is a really bad team and we handled our business against them. That was the type of win you expect to have.
Exactly we finally handled business
There are plenty of games in the last 2 years that we lost and struggled with these teams

Advertisement
Back