The Work - Final Stretch

View as article
Not claiming to be an insider and Pete can't post this information bc he would be exposing the system and the bull**** paying players going on in college football but with McFarland Maryland paid and dad asked us to match and we said no. Miami does not pay prospects since Shapiro screwed us. Devante smith was paid more than 90 percent of the country make in a year to not go on his Miami visit from Saban and Alabama. Would be shocked if he didn't end up there but them losing the guy he has a good relationship with may push him to LSU. Pete just do a winky face to confirm but have someone who is always spot on tell me about this stuff year after year and it's always funny to me how the NCAA won't shut this **** down. We will put it this way better get ready for dissapointment of lingard next year unless we drastically change our system this year and start paying again.

Been going on for ages.

Back when Jimmy Johnson first arrived at the U, he was recruiting an explosive RB/WR from Arlington, VA named Eric Metcalf. Happened to be the son of a former NFL star, Terry Metcalf.

We thought we had him...but then we didn't. Near the end of the recruiting cycle, JJ was quoted as saying that he thought maybe Notre Dame got to Eric's mother in Seattle. (I guess the parents were divorced.)

All of a sudden, Eric ends up signing with Texas. I remember Sam Jankovich, who was our AD, was furious. He said something--although not mentioning the Metcalfs by name--that the IRS should start investigating the recruits and their families for not reporting the income.

Actually, when a kid or his family all of a sudden gets tens of thousands of dollars, plus other consideration, for signing, that's a significant amount of income that's not being reported. The IRS should be very interested, but it's hard to turn anybody in when you don't have more facts. Of course, to most of you, the IRS is not a sympathetic victim, but still, families that get many tens of thousands of dollars tax-free, if not more, are taking advantage of the rest of us.

If the NCAA won't do something, i wish the IRS would. I guess nobody wants to touch these kids. Seems like a volatile situation, all of a suddent thousands of fans will yell it's persecution and/or racism if the NCAA or IRS tried to go after the kids, the programs, or the uncollected tax.

Advertisement
Folks, smith is a silent to us for awhile. He canceled his ov cause he let richt know he is on board and no need to come again. Watchthefinish.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist nor an alarmist but I think Pete has a gag order in place from the program regarding Smith. The question is why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That guy from Louisiana is dead to us.

If we can keep all our recruits and add Harley, Thomas and either Henderson or Edwards that's a very good class. Like everyone else I wanted to add McFarland as well but still will be the best class we had since 2008. Even if some idiots on here think for some reason we should have a top 5 recruiting class. Then add a transfer RB so we don't waste any scholarships next year for a player that's not quite UM caliber.

Yeah, 2012 class was ranked 10, and had some pretty legit players:
Tracy Howard, Duke, Deon bush, McCord, Flowers, Isadora, Rayshawn, Gunter, Waters, and Malcolm lewis, Jelani Hamilton was highly rated, Kirby, etc. At least 6 NFL guys, which is pretty solid considering Texas had the #2 class and only produced like 2 NFL guys. Alabamas with #1 class produced like 9. FSU had #3 class and had like 7 NFL guys.

The big difference is The bottom half was just so ******* terrible it dragged everything down. We took ******* 33 guys in 2012 and half of them were trash. The top half was very promising, but you need a complete class, and thats what This class is for the most part. Honestly the only guys I feel aren't definitely Miami quality this class are Derrick Smith and Dykstra. And while I don't really want Harley he is Miami quality. We are loading the **** up.

Advertisement
[MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION]

You are getting a lot of sheet on here but there are sane adults here that do enjoy your posts. (even though we disagree on steaks!)

Pete has posted 57 times in this thread and addressed every non-Smith-related question. There's definitely something going on with Smith.

Advertisement
I love hyperbole and absolutes . . . especially when talking about recruiting.

What led us to have a punter playing wr during spring practice a few years ago? That was probably where we found our worst ever wideout class. Would it be a failure if NJoku and Harley were the only wideouts to qualify? Yes. I will speculate a little . . . we have cooled on Pouncey who seemed set for Miami a few weeks ago. Richt isn't perfect, but clearly he has a plan and hasn't turned to plan C kids when plan A kids went elsewhere. I am not worried about Thomas qualifying or not. I'd bet he has a qualifying score already, or 1-2 points away on the ACT. He may be making failed courses up, IDK. There is a clear plan in place for him. I am also sure that straight As aren't needed to be a full qualifier. I would also bet that Cs are all that is needed to qualify at this point. Could he **** up? Yes. I am a teacher in Metro Atlanta. In order for a kid to fail my class this must happen:

I need to contact the parent if the grade drops below a 75. Below 70 is failing. I have to document parental contact. I then have to give the student multiple opportunities to master the concepts that he has failed. If he is caught cheating, I cannot give a 0. That is a behavior problem, not an academic problem. If he fails the opportunity to remediate, I have to give him more opportunities. I have to contact parent again. If the student won't do the work or acts up in class I have to submit a social worker referral. If I cannot reach the parent I have to submit the ref to the social worker. If the student won't stay after school to remediate, I have to find the time in class. One day a week has been set aside for remediation. Now I have to cram in 4 days what I formally had 5 days to teach.

Most districts are moving in the direction my district is in. I haven't even mentioned the SST, RTI, special education, 504 pieces with school!

Not claiming to be an insider and Pete can't post this information bc he would be exposing the system and the bull**** paying players going on in college football but with McFarland Maryland paid and dad asked us to match and we said no. Miami does not pay prospects since Shapiro screwed us. Devante smith was paid more than 90 percent of the country make in a year to not go on his Miami visit from Saban and Alabama. Would be shocked if he didn't end up there but them losing the guy he has a good relationship with may push him to LSU. Pete just do a winky face to confirm but have someone who is always spot on tell me about this stuff year after year and it's always funny to me how the NCAA won't shut this **** down. We will put it this way better get ready for dissapointment of lingard next year unless we drastically change our system this year and start paying again.

Been going on for ages.

Back when Jimmy Johnson first arrived at the U, he was recruiting an explosive RB/WR from Arlington, VA named Eric Metcalf. Happened to be the son of a former NFL star, Terry Metcalf.

We thought we had him...but then we didn't. Near the end of the recruiting cycle, JJ was quoted as saying that he thought maybe Notre Dame got to Eric's mother in Seattle. (I guess the parents were divorced.)

All of a sudden, Eric ends up signing with Texas. I remember Sam Jankovich, who was our AD, was furious. He said something--although not mentioning the Metcalfs by name--that the IRS should start investigating the recruits and their families for not reporting the income.

Actually, when a kid or his family all of a sudden gets tens of thousands of dollars, plus other consideration, for signing, that's a significant amount of income that's not being reported. The IRS should be very interested, but it's hard to turn anybody in when you don't have more facts. Of course, to most of you, the IRS is not a sympathetic victim, but still, families that get many tens of thousands of dollars tax-free, if not more, are taking advantage of the rest of us.

If the NCAA won't do something, i wish the IRS would. I guess nobody wants to touch these kids. Seems like a volatile situation, all of a suddent thousands of fans will yell it's persecution and/or racism if the NCAA or IRS tried to go after the kids, the programs, or the uncollected tax.

The schools dont pay, its their boosters, who also should be filing tax forms.

Advertisement

What led us to have a punter playing wr during spring practice a few years ago? That was probably where we found our worst ever wideout class. Would it be a failure if NJoku and Harley were the only wideouts to qualify? Yes. I will speculate a little . . . we have cooled on Pouncey who seemed set for Miami a few weeks ago. Richt isn't perfect, but clearly he has a plan and hasn't turned to plan C kids when plan A kids went elsewhere. I am not worried about Thomas qualifying or not. I'd bet he has a qualifying score already, or 1-2 points away on the ACT. He may be making failed courses up, IDK. There is a clear plan in place for him. I am also sure that straight As aren't needed to be a full qualifier. I would also bet that Cs are all that is needed to qualify at this point. Could he **** up? Yes. I am a teacher in Metro Atlanta. In order for a kid to fail my class this must happen:

I need to contact the parent if the grade drops below a 75. Below 70 is failing. I have to document parental contact. I then have to give the student multiple opportunities to master the concepts that he has failed. If he is caught cheating, I cannot give a 0. That is a behavior problem, not an academic problem. If he fails the opportunity to remediate, I have to give him more opportunities. I have to contact parent again. If the student won't do the work or acts up in class I have to submit a social worker referral. If I cannot reach the parent I have to submit the ref to the social worker. If the student won't stay after school to remediate, I have to find the time in class. One day a week has been set aside for remediation. Now I have to cram in 4 days what I formally had 5 days to teach.

Most districts are moving in the direction my district is in. I haven't even mentioned the SST, RTI, special education, 504 pieces with school!

upvote

Advertisement
Pete has posted 57 times in this thread and addressed every non-Smith-related question. There's definitely something going on with Smith.

I've been saying this since last night , he's avoiding the subject. Completely avoiding it

Would be a good but not great finish to the class, can't really complain. Overall this class has some ballas in it.
A Pimp bruh ain't seen you on here in a minute, but I wanted to give you credit for finding Jeff Thomas.

IIRC, you was the first one to post about him way back months ago & now he's the best WR in this class... Crazy lol

Thanks bruh, I've been out of the country but been posting here and there. I just hope Jeff qualifies now. Pete seems to think he will so I'm cautiously optimistic. AR82 and him will make a dynamic duo for the next couple of years.

upvote

I up vote your up vote! To the 10th power!!

Advertisement
Back