The Work - Final Stretch

View as article
Advertisement
Back on topic, this would be an epic finish. The best finish I can remember since before Shantard took over. McFarland still stings, but we got played, and that **** happens in this game. But to get played one time instead of five would be a welcome change.

**** it. Back on the hashtag. #WatchTheFinish .

Back on topic, this would be an epic finish. The best finish I can remember since before Shantard took over. McFarland still stings, but we got played, and that **** happens in this game. But to get played one time instead of five would be a welcome change.

**** it. Back on the hashtag. #WatchTheFinish .

Completely agree.

Dean, Harley, Thomas and either Edwards (my preference) or Henderson and it's a good close imo (along with Herbert). Both Henderson and Edwards even better. Those not happy w/ the class were clearly hoping for a Saban/Meyer type of class this year but that was never in the cards imo. The names above give us a huge infusion of speed and athleticism...I'll be thrilled if it turns out that way.

Good solid class if we finish with Henderson, Dean and Edwards, but solid classes don't win NC's.

Stop complaining. Solid top 10 classes consistently year in and year out will give you a shot a championship!

Advertisement
If we can keep all our recruits and add Harley, Thomas and either Henderson or Edwards that's a very good class. Like everyone else I wanted to add McFarland as well but still will be the best class we had since 2008. Even if some idiots on here think for some reason we should have a top 5 recruiting class. Then add a transfer RB so we don't waste any scholarships next year for a player that's not quite UM caliber.

Anyone who disagrees that the proposed close would be anything less than stellar is either a troll, an idiot, or both.

Advertisement
Not claiming to be an insider and Pete can't post this information bc he would be exposing the system and the bull**** paying players going on in college football but with McFarland Maryland paid and dad asked us to match and we said no. Miami does not pay prospects since Shapiro screwed us. Devante smith was paid more than 90 percent of the country make in a year to not go on his Miami visit from Saban and Alabama. Would be shocked if he didn't end up there but them losing the guy he has a good relationship with may push him to LSU. Pete just do a winky face to confirm but have someone who is always spot on tell me about this stuff year after year and it's always funny to me how the NCAA won't shut this **** down. We will put it this way better get ready for dissapointment of lingard next year unless we drastically change our system this year and start paying again.

No Devonta Smith? No Pouncey? Class is a monumental failure. Fly the banners.

/s

Yes. I'm devastated. Heartbroken over the two we lost....who cares about all those four stars still coming....means nothing if we don't get Smith and McFarland. Epic failure. A disaster.

Dean, Harley, Thomas and either Edwards (my preference) or Henderson and it's a good close imo (along with Herbert). Both Henderson and Edwards even better. Those not happy w/ the class were clearly hoping for a Saban/Meyer type of class this year but that was never in the cards imo. The names above give us a huge infusion of speed and athleticism...I'll be thrilled if it turns out that way.

Good solid class if we finish with Henderson, Dean and Edwards, but solid classes don't win NC's.

Stop complaining. Solid top 10 classes consistently year in and year out will give you a shot a championship!

You are assuming we will have a Top 10 class.

Latest 2017 College Football Recruiting Composite Team Rankings | | USA Today High School Sports

Last edited:
Advertisement
How does the staff feel about Hillery, he's reaffirming his commitment or going elsewhere

If the chips fall the way Pete says this has to be one of the speediest classes ever

Advertisement
Great update Pete, but also wished we could snag Smith, but oh well 2018 is when this staff put an end to being left out of a top 5 recruiting class. Something we haven't achieved in over an decade. Lets Go Canes!

Perhaps...but solid classes do win the Coastal....winning the Coastal gives you a chance to win the ACC...winning the ACC gets you great classes that do win the NC.

Perhaps...but solid classes do win the Coastal....winning the Coastal gives you a chance to win the ACC...winning the ACC gets you great classes that do win the NC.

Finally someone who gets it. It's a process. People need to sit back and enjoy the ride. I know the Coker, Shannon and Goldens years have you all shook but we have a legit staff finally. Let them work!

Would be a good but not great finish to the class, can't really complain. Overall this class has some ballas in it.
A Pimp bruh ain't seen you on here in a minute, but I wanted to give you credit for finding Jeff Thomas.

IIRC, you was the first one to post about him way back months ago & now he's the best WR in this class... Crazy lol

Advertisement
Back