The Work 12/14

Advertisement
Tim Irvin would LOVE to spend his next few years wearing orange and green in Coral Gables. However, he (understandably) cannot justify committing to play for a regime that has no clue how to maximize talent. And quite frankly, who can blame him?

Very true...

DB development looks to be a GLARING weakness. We can lay some of the blame on guys like Tracy Howard or Jamal Carter for not being able to step up but there just seems to be way too many of these types of situations with DBacks under Williams/Golden.
Could Golden be THAT attached to a guy like Paul Williams? I'm sure landing Jaquan Johnson makes Golden feel good but I really feel like he committed to the school in spite of Golden....
Which DBs are going to look good with a front 7 that gets basically no pressure at all? That's what hurting our DBs

Irvin is not at all impressed with Paul Williams. As long as he is db coach we have no chance.

Pete have you heard anything about Arden Key the DE committed to USCe says hes gonna visit wondering if true or not and if its just a free trip?

View attachment 28146

**This weekend did not do much for Miami with Tim Irvin. A strong in-home visit by Charlie Strong last Thursday made a big impression on him. Still a fluid situation, but the visit did not boost Miami any higher up than they already were.

**There is talk about Anthony Jones flipping to Miami and that is accurate right now. The one thing I will say is the Canes would take him as a receiver, not a running back, and I'm a fan of that move. Jones is built physically like Rashawn Scott and that is a very good thing. He could see the field early at Miami.

**Last weekend while on his official visit to Miami, Da'Vante Phillips was telling people at Miami that he would be a Cane come signing day. Of course, things like that rarely turn out to be true, but it is something worth passing along. Phillips is very close to Anthony Jones and that could play a bigger role than most realize.

**Tevon Coney took an official to Miami over the weekend, but it was just a formality. Don't expect anything to come of it.

**Miami is extremely high on JUCO OT Jahair Jones and he is absolutely a take for them. The staff has made him a major priority and they believe he has the ability to step in and play from day one. He would be a very big get.

**There has been a lot of talk about Jacksonville product Javarius Davis over the past few weeks, but I am told he is not a priority for Miami right now, mainly because of his size. He took an official this weekend, but again he is not expected in this class.

**Keep an eye on a kid that DMoney mentioned yesterday in the his post about the most underrated players in South Florida, Robert Knowles. Miami is looking at Knowles as a possible sign-and-place candidate because there are still some questions about his grades. If everything checks out with him, I would not be surprised to see Miami offer late in the game. The kid is a stud.

Came here to post the Coney update but lol on the BOLD.

Irish's top tackler pleads guilty to pot charge

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Reading that work makes me thankful for where we are.

My lawd, that was the recruiting equivalent of dumpster diving,.

DF2A88F9-071D-4D5E-94BB-58CAFF6271C8.gif

And that was recruiting for our 2017 juniors. How did we win 10 games last year is a good question.

Everything in this thread is wrong in hindsight. Glad we didn’t get Tim Irvin, Knowles is awful, Jalen Julius is actually a solid corner (haven’t heard anything on him since his intent to transfer from Ole ****), Jahair Jones in terrible, nobody cares about Devante Phillips, and Anthony Jones would never play with what we have at RB or in the WR room.

Times have certainly changed post Golden

Advertisement
Back