The Work 12/14

View as article
Advertisement
To be fair, Peter was wrong on like 80% of his evaluations. I'll never forget the Ryan Mayes thread
he was also wrong on a ton of his predictions. I dont really fault him for that tho. he was tied to UM so kids wouldnt be straight up with him

Golden had an eye for dl and nothing else. The boy knows dline talent

Maybe, but when he would strike out on the better guys on the board, we'd end up with Corey King, Earl Moore, Joe Brown. What a train wreck!

So, Pete back? Little late with this report...kinda like those Negrodamus' prophecies I been waiting for. The time for Armageddon will have come and gone when Negrodamus finally issues his prophecy for the date of Armageddon. Need to find a different source for my prophecy needs.

Advertisement
Why the **** do people have to bring up Golden's name, I'm trying to forget that prick and his butt buddies.

View attachment 28146

**This weekend did not do much for Miami with Tim Irvin. A strong in-home visit by Charlie Strong last Thursday made a big impression on him. Still a fluid situation, but the visit did not boost Miami any higher up than they already were.

**There is talk about Anthony Jones flipping to Miami and that is accurate right now. The one thing I will say is the Canes would take him as a receiver, not a running back, and I'm a fan of that move. Jones is built physically like Rashawn Scott and that is a very good thing. He could see the field early at Miami.

**Last weekend while on his official visit to Miami, Da'Vante Phillips was telling people at Miami that he would be a Cane come signing day. Of course, things like that rarely turn out to be true, but it is something worth passing along. Phillips is very close to Anthony Jones and that could play a bigger role than most realize.

**Tevon Coney took an official to Miami over the weekend, but it was just a formality. Don't expect anything to come of it.

**Miami is extremely high on JUCO OT Jahair Jones and he is absolutely a take for them. The staff has made him a major priority and they believe he has the ability to step in and play from day one. He would be a very big get.

**There has been a lot of talk about Jacksonville product Javarius Davis over the past few weeks, but I am told he is not a priority for Miami right now, mainly because of his size. He took an official this weekend, but again he is not expected in this class.

**Keep an eye on a kid that DMoney mentioned yesterday in the his post about the most underrated players in South Florida, Robert Knowles. Miami is looking at Knowles as a possible sign-and-place candidate because there are still some questions about his grades. If everything checks out with him, I would not be surprised to see Miami offer late in the game. The kid is a stud.

fletch-lives.jpg

Advertisement
Holy ****. This is why I wasn't on message boards back then. Too ****** depressing. God it was painful enough to try to get excited to watch the team every week, pull with all your might against the inevitible ****up trainwreck that you just KNEW was coming, then have to listen to the ******* postgame excuses that inevitably came. And then try not to jack someone in the face when they tell you "its alright", "it's just a game", "y'all will get them next week/year/decade"...

Holy ****, how are we all still even here? Any sane person would have given up the ghost and gone and found something more productive to care about and to put their time in to. I know I sure as **** can't think of a $ingle Clemp$on fan who would even bother to WATCH their games, much less follow this stuff the way we do when their team was the dumpster fire for all of its history until the last 4 years that our team has been for the past 15.

All I can say is, now that we're back on the right track, just look at how much joy and enthusiasm there is for the team again. Hot ****, those VT and ND games last year were special and fun. When we finally win one again, it will be THATMUCH sweeter because of the pain it took to get back. That day, my friends, will be a very good day.

8FPP-o.gif

Advertisement
Knowles came in here running a 5 flat 40. He was never cut out athletically to excel at this level.

Then, on top of his obvious physical limitations, he looked completely lost on the field last year. Whenever he was out there, it was a feeding frenzy for the opposing QB.

Advertisement
As depressing as that 2015 class was at the time, it actually turned out pretty good.

Walton was a monster, Jaquan and MJack are All-Americans, Norton and McIntosh were our best DT duo in forever, Gauthier and St. Louis are good linemen, Redwine is solid and Caged is poised to break out.

If Golden would’ve offered Reshad Fenton, our CB situation would be pretty **** good right now.

His CB and WR recruiting was awful IMO.
Michael Jackson is good but there's a couple other guys I would rather have had. (but we didn't recruit them) And Jackson isn't good enough to counteract the fact that we signed guys like Nate Dortch, Larry Hope and Ryan Mayes.
And for all those guys you mentioned, I'm sure we missed (or didn't offer) guys who were even better.

Even a guy as incompetent as Golden is bound to sign a few good players at Miami. It's hard not to.

Last edited:
Knowles came in here running a 5 flat 40. He was never cut out athletically to excel at this level.

Then, on top of his obvious physical limitations, he looked completely lost on the field last year. Whenever he was out there, it was a feeding frenzy for the opposing QB.

His play against FSU and GT was some of the worst safety play I’ve ever seen.

Advertisement
Back