The Work 12/14

How can we be 2 months before signing day and a kid like Knowles just emerging! Golden wouldn't know how to mine SoFl talent if you gave him a pick ax and a steel hat with a light. Dude sucks on too many levels to mention.

To be fair, no one is recruiting him. Gotta be a reason for that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jalen Julius is a good player, but he's just not what Miami is looking for right now. He's not a CB and there are better options at WR.

I agree, plus, there are limited spots left. We probably have 5-7 spots left.

But the issue is, what chance do we have with those supposedly better options? Chatman is a stud who we have to keep. Anthony Jones is a nice athlete with very average speed, at best. No one should fall for the banana in the tailpipe when it comes to Phillips. Beyond those three, who else are we even in the picture with?

It just seems that the staff's ridiculous size bias is preventing us from adding much-needed speed and explosiveness at the skill positions. Choosing not to pursue either J. Davis or Julius is absurd, IMO. When we inevitably lose Scarlett and Williams from this class, it's going to be really eye-opening to see just how much slower we continue to get. And that's alarming.

Hey Pete, how about doing a fake update next Monday on based on IF Butch was named HC this morning after this weekend's ESPN showings of THE U. I think is would be a very exciting update.

Hey Pete, how about doing a fake update next Monday on based on IF Butch was named HC this morning after this weekend's ESPN showings of THE U. I think is would be a very exciting update.

Be careful it might start with...."Miami being investigated for......"

Advertisement
Advertisement

Be careful it might start with...."Miami being investigated for......"

You are aware Butch has never had any NCAA issues of wrongdoing at ANY college he has coached at. North Carolina was an institution situation and is being investigated for it. Butch was cleared of any of that by the NCAA.

He's been the only coach at Miami in the last 30 years that hasn't had any ties to NCAA violations not named Randy or Golden. (Randy still had guys committing violations.)

Last edited:
This class will be worse than the one we signed in 2010.

impossible

that was worst class in Miami history

2011 sais HI….

no chance that 2010 was better....2010 gave us like 2 starters and about 15 kids who never even enrolled

plus it is hard to count 2011 because it was done during a transition year

They were both awful but 2010 still gave us way more starters than 2. Yeah 2011 was a transition year but it still counts, and it was top heavy with Chickillo, Dorsett and Perryman. 2010 had Felancio, Linder, Hurns, and Walford. Not to mention other full time starters like Morris, McDermont and Gaines. In the end they were both complete ****, but I felt 2011 was worse.

You are aware Butch has never had any NCAA issues of wrongdoing at ANY college he has coached at. North Carolina was an institution situation and is being investigated for it. Butch was cleared of any of that by the NCAA.

Butch was sending kids to those fake classes. He denied knowing they were fake, but everybody thinks that Butch must have known what was going on. Hence, he has his own NCAA cloud over him. Thats why nobody else is hiring him either. Miami can afford to take a chance like that less than anybody. We are already under an NCAA microscope.

You got to go after kids like Knowles, I would take him over half the out of state kids that they are salivating over. Evaluation of local kid s against top competition is of the utmost importance if Miami will ever compete on the national level again.

Advertisement

impossible

Why do you all spew this nonsense? No it wasn't several record setting prospects and NFL starters... That was one of our better classes since 2006... Hurns, Henderson, Linder, Feliciano, Walford, Storm Johnson, McDermott, etc. Heck we have three tight ends from that class that will play in the NFL. Ford, Cleveland and Walford... Get out of here with the worst class yet there are multiple nfl starters, draft picks, and record setting players in that class... Too be fair, we haven't had a class that was as productive since then...

impossible

2011 sais HI….

no chance that 2010 was better....2010 gave us like 2 starters and about 15 kids who never even enrolled

plus it is hard to count 2011 because it was done during a transition year

No it didn't... Golden has been relying on 2010 prospects since he got here... Morris, Hurns, Walford, Henderson, Linder, Felicano, McDermott, etc? Lets not forget the players who rode the pine but are contributors or are either on NFL rosters like Chase Ford and Asante Cleveland (3 NFL tight ends)....

Advertisement
Irvin don't want to be here. Forget him. We need kids who want to be canes!! Let's move on

Lol dis dat dumb **** dat keeps us losing.

Anyway dat Robert kid yo I saw the first minute of the hilight tape and know he's a beast. Has the sped and explosiveness to be a beast in college.

Nah, this aint what keep us losing, but i agree we can't get fixated on a single player and say if we don't get him we are done. its not just the coaching staff, our administration needs to man up and make football a priority like our fans on this board do. money is the key to why we keep losing these days. We are now considered on the same level as the big programs, but don't compete with them as far as facilities go. If Tim Irvin comes here it would be cool, but he isn't gonna turn the program around. Its not about how many stars these kids have, its about how much heart they have. As seen on both of "The U" documentaries. Those actually made me realize how important it is to have something to be known for. The administration has nothing except the past to be known for...that just aint gonna cut it, no matter who is coaching or signing LOIs. We need to be realistic, in a program like ours we definitely need kids to come here that just want to be here, they play harder and are more committed to the cause. People you have to beg and convince...you have to keep begging and convincing throughout their tenure. I'll take the Duke Johnson types and D.P. types who want to win and keep a chip on their shoulder. Al Golden may be our guy....u never know.....I remember we wanted Butch out of here too, back in 97/98. We had little talent and looked horrible. This now is better than that and despite really bad losses on the field, and I HATE losing but there is still something to be said for our brand. I don't think we need to tear everything down....and start over again. We need to exercise a little more patience (as hard as that is I know) and let these coaches and player develop together. Then get somebody in the administration to believe in the football program again and put their money where their mouth is. Check out Alonzo Highsmith

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ighsmith-hurricanes-1213-20141212-column.html

Advertisement
Back