The Work 12-13

I was so pumped that even tho I fell asleep early, I just woke up in the middle of the night soley to read The Work.
6878BDA8-8C10-4622-A6DF-2D18B1EA4B96.gif

Advertisement
seems like they don't know that samuel isn't signing early for the same reason that blades isn't. unless they changed their policy based on the early signing day, taggart played his hand too early. you'd think that the elite recruiter would know about that little aquinas caveat.

as a side note, i'm also enjoying the irony of an argument about learning disabilities between a couple of retards.

I don’t understand why someone couldn’t sign early. It’s not the same as enrolling early. Two completely different things. Why would a school have a policy against a student signing early? Honestly, that’s a violation of the student’s constitutional rights.

Maybe it has to do with credits earned?

Huh? What do credits earned have to do with it?
Kids can have more credits than others because they might’ve taken a course in middle school that goes your high school diploma like typing or foreign language. Some of these kids might have more than enough credits to graduate but not what they need to qualify to start the admission process. For example, when I graduated in 2013 you were required to take economics and American government your senior. I had enough credits to graduate but I didn’t have economics or government.

That’s all totally irrelevant.

We’re talking about signing a piece of paper in December to attend college either in the spring or fall.

I don’t understand why someone couldn’t sign early. It’s not the same as enrolling early. Two completely different things. Why would a school have a policy against a student signing early? Honestly, that’s a violation of the student’s constitutional rights.

Kids can have more credits than others because they might’ve taken a course in middle school that goes your high school diploma like typing or foreign language. Some of these kids might have more than enough credits to graduate but not what they need to qualify to start the admission process. For example, when I graduated in 2013 you were required to take economics and American government your senior. I had enough credits to graduate but I didn’t have economics or government.

We’re talking about signing a piece of paper in December to attend college either in the spring or fall.

Exactly. What is he talking about with credits?

Ok, here you go. [MENTION=7203]OriginalCanesCanesCanes[/MENTION] [MENTION=1998]crimson_cane[/MENTION]

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...316/early-signing-day-period-coaches-strategy

I was right to a point but it has to do with being able to qualify in February.

Advertisement

Ok, here you go. [MENTION=7203]OriginalCanesCanesCanes[/MENTION] [MENTION=1998]crimson_cane[/MENTION]

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...316/early-signing-day-period-coaches-strategy

Nobody was talking about qualifying early.

Did you read the article? It’s not about qualifying early. They might not have the SAT/ACT scores to get in at that moment or might not have any score and/or not have their core classes done so the coaches will tell them not to sign early so they don’t waste the LOI. The kids can still send it but the coaches might not accept at that moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you read the article? It’s not about qualifying early. They might not have the SAT/ACT scores to get in at that moment or might not have any score and/or not have their core classes done so the coaches will tell them not to sign early so they don’t waste the LOI. The kids can still send it but the coaches might not accept at that moment.

You're right. If Jobe wants to sign early without having what's needed to qualify, coaches wont accept it.

**** how nice is it that we're going to have 18 players (at least) sign on December 20th

then the staff only has to worry about 4-5 players at most until February signing day

excellent job by the staff, one of the best classes we have had in a very long time

Great job by the staff taking full advantage of this new rule.

Advertisement

You're right. If Jobe wants to sign early without having what's needed to qualify, coaches wont accept it.
From the very article I put up:
“If we’re waiting on a test score, we might ask the commit to wait until February.”
Sometimes, a team will accept a verbal commitment from a player with the understanding that he needs to improve his ACT/SAT score or grades. Verbal commitments are not binding, so a team is under no duty to actually send a letter of intent to sign, even to a verbally committed prospect. If a kid still needs a test score or some grades in core classes, don’t be surprised if a team asks him to wait, because they don’t want to waste a spot on a kid who won’t qualify.

Core classes are academic classes like math and reading. Like I said before you could have enough class credits but not what you need like economics or government that are required or “core” classes.

This is all irrelevant. You’re talking about individual situations. I’m talking about a supposed general mandate at a private school which allegedly prevents students from signing early in December. Credit status is a side issue that has nothing to do with my point that I’m questioning whether Aquinas really has this policy (I’ve never seen where this is stated) and if they do, how they can legally enforce it.

[MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION], Ivins says that Reed is not signing early as of now but is visiting of the 15th. Where you able to confirm with the kid that he would be signing?

This is all irrelevant. You’re talking about individual situations. I’m talking about a supposed general mandate at a private school which allegedly prevents students from signing early in December. Credit status is a side issue that has nothing to do with my point that I’m questioning whether Aquinas really has this policy (I’ve never seen where this is stated) and if they do, how they can legally enforce it.

They don’t have to abide by public school standards because they are a private entity. Their teachers aren’t even required to pass the state standard proficiency test to teach and they also don’t have to follow IEPs. It’s the same thing for charter schools as well.

They can technically do what they see fit...

Last edited:
Advertisement
The argument about Asante is just dumb. Regardless of the reason, he is not planning on signing early per 247. Honestly, why would Pete report staff had confidence in getting him if he was planning to sign early, given that his OV at FSU is this week?

It's pretty obvious our staff feels they can get him n campus in Jan and flip him then. Taggart, the recruiting genius that he is, is blowing FSU's wad early, which seems only good for us

They don’t have to abide by public school standards because they are a private entity. Their teachers aren’t even required to pass the state standard proficiency test to teach and they also don’t have to follow IEPs. It’s the same thing for charter schools as well.

No they can’t.

Are you telling me they can prevent someone from signing early?

Just how would they go about doing that? Physically restrain them? L to the oh el.

Do they even have that unenforceable policy?

No they can’t.

Are you telling me they can prevent someone from signing early?

Just how would they go about doing that? Physically restrain them? L to the oh el.

Do they even have that unenforceable policy?

Can’t answer that specifically but I do know they don’t have to follow the same rules public schools do. They could simply not allow you to finish your core classes until your last semester for all I know. Let me ask my brother’s gf tomorrow morning. She went to Aquinas and she should absolutely know.

Advertisement
Y’all turned this great update into making fun of a kid with a learning disability smh.

If I was Pete I would definitely spend more time here rather than talking football with Johnathan Vilma, DJ Williams, and co.

Advertisement
Back