The Work 12-13

LUL if Jobe doesn't even qualify. trolling so hard that he forget to do his homework...wasn't this guy held back a grade already for being lazy in the classroom? can't trust anybody like that.

He has a learning disability

So do I. I still graduated at 17 turning 18 and finished very high in my class(don’t have the percentage but I was a A student minus a B in math)

Not. An. Excuse.

It just depends on the severity and type of disability. I'm ADHD and managed through it. I know successful dyslexics too. I also have known people with severe LD cases who really struggled. I don't know Jobe's exact issue or the level of help he's getting. I can tell you that often, public schools are better equipped to manage LD kids than private schools and I do question the quality of help he got.

Accidental neg.

Advertisement
I’m guessing there was more than just the Goldwire and Ezzard updates? Did I miss more or is my app just playing up at the moment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m guessing there was more than just the Goldwire and Ezzard updates? Did I miss more or is my app just playing up at the moment?

The app is acting up, did the same thing for me. I had to go into Safari and read it that way.

Advertisement
Jive's "learning disability" ain't stop him from being able to count that Baga bag. Dude's like Rain Man when it comes to counting that scratch.

LUL if Jobe doesn't even qualify. trolling so hard that he forget to do his homework...wasn't this guy held back a grade already for being lazy in the classroom? can't trust anybody like that.

So do I. I still graduated at 17 turning 18 and finished very high in my class(don’t have the percentage but I was a A student minus a B in math)

Not. An. Excuse.

x

Advertisement
So what is the backstory with Jobe?

$

Even back in the summer, Jobe's dad wanted some assurances from the school/staff that he would be able to get in with minimal friction.

The last line in Peter's post looks like a throwaway, but it's along those lines.

Grades appear to still be a concern, and Alabama is just as good a path to the NFL as Miami w/o the academic focus.

If he doesn't want to put in the work, then he should go to Bama.

I, along with many others probably, laughed when Jobe's father was quoted as saying that Alabama's academics were a draw. Now it makes a lot more sense.

Now I know where he got the learning disability from if that imbecile said Baga and UM were even academically.

Not. An. Excuse.

x

The irony

Not. An. Excuse.

It just depends on the severity and type of disability. I'm ADHD and managed through it. I know successful dyslexics too. I also have known people with severe LD cases who really struggled. I don't know Jobe's exact issue or the level of help he's getting. I can tell you that often, public schools are better equipped to manage LD kids than private schools and I do question the quality of help he got.

Accidental neg.

Blame it on your cleft lip.

Just in case Jive's learning disability is something serious like dyslexia, I'd like to show my sensitivity by speaking his language:

.gnillort pots esaelp ,hsoJ

Advertisement
So what is the backstory with Jobe?

$

Even back in the summer, Jobe's dad wanted some assurances from the school/staff that he would be able to get in with minimal friction.

The last line in Peter's post looks like a throwaway, but it's along those lines.

Grades appear to still be a concern, and Alabama is just as good a path to the NFL as Miami w/o the academic focus.

I, along with many others probably, laughed when Jobe's father was quoted as saying that Alabama's academics were a draw. Now it makes a lot more sense.

Now I know where he got the learning disability from if that imbecile said Baga and UM were even academically.

One constant about recruiting - follow the quotes and interviews. These kids and their hangerons are rookies when it comes to sideskirting issues with aplomb or skill. Once their mealy mouths open, you start to see right through their BS. Recruits often change reasoning behind a decision (or really lame answers) and parents/coaches often are not consistent in their answers. This helps you figure out which recruit is full of shenanigans and which ones aren't.

Advertisement

One constant about recruiting - follow the quotes and interviews. These kids and their hangerons are rookies when it comes to sideskirting issues with aplomb or skill. Once their mealy mouths open, you start to see right through their BS. Recruits often change reasoning behind a decision (or really lame answers) and parents/coaches often are not consistent in their answers. This helps you figure out which recruit is full of shenanigans and which ones aren't.

Very true. When you see the dopey adults spewing nonsense, you know what's cooking.

Is it a real learning disability or just s****d or l**y ? I don't want to say the words in case his parent is visiting this site.

I was told years ago that UM had a good program for learning-disabled students. I heard this from the HS coach of one of our basketball players in the '80's.

If he has a real, diagnosed learning disability, can Bama provide the specialized support he needs? Does a bag make up for it?

Typical thoughts from people of your ilk.

Advertisement
Back