The Work 12-13

Taggart knows what he's doing.

Elite recruiter.

LO ******* L.

How mad are you going to be when we finish with a much better class than the Noles?

Are you disputing that Willie Taggart is an elite recruiter?

If hes not, I am.

Willie Taggart aint no got **** "elite" recruiter. You have zero idea the meaning of elite if you truly believe that.

Hes a good recruiter. No where near the realm of Dabo, Urban, Jimbo, Richt, etc.

Stop sucking dudes **** for just a few seconds.

Advertisement

Elite recruiter.

LO ******* L.

How mad are you going to be when we finish with a much better class than the Noles?

Yes, he never once landed a kid at USF that the Big 3 wanted. He's not. Someone band this POS

Well that's kind of hard to do.

Neither did Leavitt. Does that make him a poor recruiter?

Yeah Taggart has a nice reputation as a recruiter...Elite is pushing it though. We shall see.

Elite recruiter.

LO ******* L.

Yes, he never once landed a kid at USF that the Big 3 wanted. He's not. Someone band this POS

No but it makes him not an elite one

Advertisement
Who the **** has he ever recruited to say he's an elite recruiter? Never heard of a national kid ever signing with him.

LUL if Jobe doesn't even qualify. trolling so hard that he forget to do his homework...wasn't this guy held back a grade already for being lazy in the classroom? can't trust anybody like that.

He has a learning disability

Is it a real learning disability or just s****d or l**y ? I don't want to say the words in case his parent is visiting this site.

I was told years ago that UM had a good program for learning-disabled students. I heard this from the HS coach of one of our basketball players in the '80's.

If he has a real, diagnosed learning disability, can Bama provide the specialized support he needs? Does a bag make up for it?

Yup. Frank Gore had a learning disability and Miami helped him out immensely. Much better off at a private school with small classes and more individual attention.

I don't know about college but I know first hand for grades K-12 that most of the time a public school is far better equipped than private schools to manage kids with LD issues. They're required by law to provide either an IEP or 504 plan, depending on the circumstances / approach. I question the quality of help Jobe got at Columbus. That said, he still has to take responsibility for the way he acts and his recruitment has been a circus because he made it that way.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Elite recruiter.

LO ******* L.

Shannon lost a couple kids to USF back in the day. One of them ended up as an NFL LB.

Advertisement
LO ******* L.

Shannon lost a couple kids to USF back in the day. One of them ended up as an NFL LB.

Shannon's the antithesis of an elite recruiter. He'd go out of his way to offer low 3 star kids who didn't have business stepping foot on Coral Gables so he didn't have to recruit against quality programs.

Elite recruiter.

LO ******* L.

If hes not, I am.

Willie Taggart aint no got **** "elite" recruiter. You have zero idea the meaning of elite if you truly believe that.

Hes a good recruiter. No where near the realm of Dabo, Urban, Jimbo, Richt, etc.

Stop sucking dudes **** for just a few seconds.

Allow me to toot my own horn for a sec. My judge of good/bad posters is on point. I put NY on ignore a long time ago. Reading that, I’m glad I did. Smfh...

seems like they don't know that samuel isn't signing early for the same reason that blades isn't. unless they changed their policy based on the early signing day, taggart played his hand too early. you'd think that the elite recruiter would know about that little aquinas caveat.

as a side note, i'm also enjoying the irony of an argument about learning disabilities between a couple of retards.

I don’t understand why someone couldn’t sign early. It’s not the same as enrolling early. Two completely different things. Why would a school have a policy against a student signing early? Honestly, that’s a violation of the student’s constitutional rights.

Maybe it has to do with credits earned?

Which constitutional right?

The constitutional right to sign whatever contract you fūcking well please. Jesus, what actual right do they have to prevent someone from signing an agreement that they’re not a party to? That’s like me telling you you can’t sign you’re next employment agreement because I’m the guy that provides your coffee, they provide the kids education as a private service.

Maybe they're not forbidding it and they simply ask their students to do a big school-wide event for the exposure and since our coaching staff is actually made of professionals, they're not strong-arming our recruits from one of the best local programs to sign early and instead let them participate in the signing day activities with the rest of their team and coaches. :noidea:

Advertisement
This is all irrelevant. You’re talking about individual situations. I’m talking about a supposed general mandate at a private school which allegedly prevents students from signing early in December. Credit status is a side issue that has nothing to do with my point that I’m questioning whether Aquinas really has this policy (I’ve never seen where this is stated) and if they do, how they can legally enforce it.

The answer likely lies in your first post on the subject -- freedom of contract. Any policy STA (or any other private school) has about athletes graduating early or signing an LOI early would likely be covered by the enrollment/attendance contracts between the school and the parent/guardian and/or student. And even if that policy is not specifically addressed, there is likely some catch-all provision in the contract. So if, for instance, a school has an enrollment contract wherein the parent and student agree to abide by all formal policies and procedures of the school, and the school adopts a policy/procedure regarding early enrollment or early signing, the parent and/or student is arguably bound by the contract they signed not to enroll early or sign early.

Shannon=Taggart in recruiting, listening to Nole fan's blow this guy up is hilarious to me, he's as unproven as Lane Kiffin another coach who benefits from hype but no production on the field, actually Kiffin I would grade slightly higher.

This is all irrelevant. You’re talking about individual situations. I’m talking about a supposed general mandate at a private school which allegedly prevents students from signing early in December. Credit status is a side issue that has nothing to do with my point that I’m questioning whether Aquinas really has this policy (I’ve never seen where this is stated) and if they do, how they can legally enforce it.

The answer likely lies in your first post on the subject -- freedom of contract. Any policy STA (or any other private school) has about athletes graduating early or signing an LOI early would likely be covered by the enrollment/attendance contracts between the school and the parent/guardian and/or student. And even if that policy is not specifically addressed, there is likely some catch-all provision in the contract. So if, for instance, a school has an enrollment contract wherein the parent and student agree to abide by all formal policies and procedures of the school, and the school adopts a policy/procedure regarding early enrollment or early signing, the parent and/or student is arguably bound by the contract they signed not to enroll early or sign early.

I’m not a contract lawyer, even though I direct and manage teams of contract lawyers, both internal and external, through multiple negotiations.

I can tell you this. Contracts that include general catchall phrases are generally unenforceable and never stand up when challenged. The only possibility is that Aquinas added a clause this year specifically addressing the early signing period. Even with such a clause, what would be their remedy for non-compliance? Expulsion of the student? That would be draconian and counterproductive due to a a guaranteed torrent of negative publicity

They may have this policy, enforced by hierarchical and peer pressure, and people may abide as in most policies at private schools. And the policy may remain unchallenged. But that does not mean that it is in any way a policy that they can actually enforce if someone was dead set on early enrolling.

By the way, we still don’t even know if they have this policy. No one has ever confirmed this to my knowledge.

Advertisement
Back