The truth about Mario

Advertisement
Show me at any point in this thread where I compared the two.

If you do find it tell me what you see.

If you choose not to...then ill let you know your reply to me makes zero sense.
He isn't worth all the hype being given out.

Was very meh at FIU.

2018 9-4 with wins over Bowling Green, Portland State, and San Jose State.

2019 being his best year lost to Auburn and Arizona State. Did beat Wisconsin, so I like that since we can never beat them.

2020 Went 4-3 in the Pac-12. Lost to Oregon State, Cal, and Iowa State. 2 of those losses are very Manny Like.

Not saying he isn't better than Manny, because he is.
But I'm not ready to crown him until I see how the rest of this year plays out. They have a very favorable schedule post Ohio State so IMO anything less than running the table for them is a failure unless Injury.

Neg vote away Mario lovers lol
:q3xkxex: I see you using Manny as a comparison for Mario in losses and overall coaching...

He inherited a fledgling program at FIU that was in shambles and built them into a bowl eligible team within three years.

Not sure what is so “meh” about that.
They are smack dab int he best recruiting grounds of s.fla and forever have a talent advantage in their conference. He couldnt beat the less talented team 2 counties away with less talent

Advertisement
Let's not act live Oregon was just consistently passing on 5 star guys because they didn't fit their system.

I'm not calling Mario super man - but he is a great recruiter. When Oregon was at their height around 2010 they were getting recruiting classes around 12-15. Mario has been getting 5-10. It's not a HUGE leap, but it's definitely better. Much like Kirby taking over from Richt, we'll see if the result is better on the field, but their current recruiting (on paper) is the best it's ever been.
They would take a 5'8 175pd speedster from Fla with track speed. I know exactly what they were doing recruiting wise. HE IS A GOOD RECRUITER.

But the reason there classes have rated higher coincides with USC being down and him grabbing one or 2 OL rated higher. Thibadeaux was a real grab...and to a lesser extent Flowe.

But acting like he would be able to LOCK down S.fla or recruit.... soooo much better as the HC here would be exaggerating a little bit imo. Oregon is essentially fighting against 1 or 2 teams max out west for big dogs.

They are smack dab int he best recruiting grounds of s.fla and forever have a talent advantage in their conference. He couldnt beat the less talented team 2 counties away with less talent
Who's your ideal, realistic Miami HC for 2022?

Let’s see Mario’s recruiting at Oregon if USC‘s new HC can recruit. SoCal is plentiful with talent, as everyone knows. The right coach should be able to clean up and keep the out of towners from poaching the best.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They would take a 5'8 175pd speedster from Fla with track speed. I know exactly what they were doing recruiting wise. HE IS A GOOD RECRUITER.

But the reason there classes have rated higher coincides with USC being down and him grabbing one or 2 OL rated higher. Thibadeaux was a real grab...and to a lesser extent Flowe.

But acting like he would be able to LOCK down S.fla or recruit.... soooo much better as the HC here would be exaggerating a little bit imo. Oregon is essentially fighting against 1 or 2 teams max out west for big dogs.
I think Sewell ? the LB was a real grab too but I generally agree.

Advertisement
Who's your ideal, realistic Miami HC for 2022?

bill-obrien-alabama-oc-1610646035.png

Allen-quote.jpg

Im officially done with hiring ppl that are part of the Cane Tree....which eliminated Mario Cristobal for me.

bill-obrien-alabama-oc-1610646035.png

Allen-quote.jpg

Im officially done with hiring ppl that are part of the Cane Tree....which eliminated Mario Cristobal for me.
I've certainly never bought into the idea that you need SoFl recruiting ties to recruit down here. Just bring in a coach that wins and recruiting takes care of itself.

I hadn't considered O'Brien - I wonder if he'd be interested?

I've certainly never bought into the idea that you need SoFl recruiting ties to recruit down here. Just bring in a coach that wins and recruiting takes care of itself.

I hadn't considered O'Brien - I wonder if he'd be interested?
He likely wants back into the NFL. I assume, because of his background as an NFL HC and how quickly he jumped from Penn State. And, I think once a coach has a taste of the NFL life they want to stay. Not always, but I’ll wager most.

O’Brien would be short term. But if he turned Miami into a ACC champion it would be worth as he laid the foundation for his successor.

Allen got his start as a football coach in Tampa high schools (Temple Heights and Armwood). Served a sentence of one (1) as DC for USF.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That last bit is the most important part and highlights yet again how winning in CFB isn't ONLY about recruiting like some on here would have you believe.

In fact, with Howell leaving UNC after this year, if we got a good coach and convinced most of our talented guys to stay, we could and should win at least the Coastal next year with this roster mostly in tact. Coaching is not everything, but it's the biggest part of the equation.
Coaching matters ESPECIALLY in college football!!!

He isn't worth all the hype being given out.

Was very meh at FIU.

2018 9-4 with wins over Bowling Green, Portland State, and San Jose State.

2019 being his best year lost to Auburn and Arizona State. Did beat Wisconsin, so I like that since we can never beat them.

2020 Went 4-3 in the Pac-12. Lost to Oregon State, Cal, and Iowa State. 2 of those losses are very Manny Like.

Not saying he isn't better than Manny, because he is. But I'm not ready to crown him until I see how the rest of this year plays out. They have a very favorable schedule post Ohio State so IMO anything less than running the table for them is a failure unless Injury.

Neg vote away Mario lovers lol

butch took Mario's players at FIU and beat UM with them.

Advertisement
Back