The truth about Mario

Advertisement
aaa11e8a-bf25-4483-aa33-7cf7a5acfc29.sized-1000x1000.jpeg

He isn't worth all the hype being given out.

Was very meh at FIU.

2018 9-4 with wins over Bowling Green, Portland State, and San Jose State.

2019 being his best year lost to Auburn and Arizona State. Did beat Wisconsin, so I like that since we can never beat them.

2020 Went 4-3 in the Pac-12. Lost to Oregon State, Cal, and Iowa State. 2 of those losses are very Manny Like.

Not saying he isn't better than Manny, because he is. But I'm not ready to crown him until I see how the rest of this year plays out. They have a very favorable schedule post Ohio State so IMO anything less than running the table for them is a failure unless Injury.

Neg vote away Mario lovers lol
I've been saying this all Fn day and couldn't agree more.. He is not a winning coach. Record is your resume and his record is exactly .500 after today.. But our fans want him so bad.

Advertisement
The last stat on overall team recruiting and rosters had BAMA as the most talented and OSU as #2. Oregon isn't anywhere close to that. They played against a physically superior team, at their place, without the only elite defensive player they have on their roster and they won that game in a solid manner. They didn't blow them out, but anyone watching could see which team was the better one.

Yeah, back up the Brinks truck and bring Mario and Mrs. Mario back to the 305 and do so pronto!!
Wrong. Oregon has been recruiting top 10 for the last 5 years. Can you imagine if we beat Bama and then lost to UVA? would our fans still give
I respect your opinion, but where I think your take comes into question is glossing over the OSU win at OSU. That was a big, BIG deal!! And, they didn't win by a couple of lucky calls that went their way; they were clearly the better team. And, they were missing their best player on the entire team. This year's OSU win is a HUGE deal and should've put to bed any concerns about him being good enough.

So if Manny would've beat Bama. Then played 2 bad games and squeaked by App St and lost to UVA you would give him a pass and say he is a great coach because he beat Bama? just curious
because Hugh Freeze beat Nick Saban twice

You lost me at he was “meh” FIU. FIU is less than “meh”—pure trash. He got them to bowl games, won a conference title and lured some good coordinators there.

Did the absolute most with the absolute least. Butch has done ZERO there, but we’re not gonna credit Mario for his tenure?

Oregon has a ceiling. Period. He could do more at USC and Miami with talent both reel in.

Anyone judging Mario on the Ducks’ game last night is clueless.

Advertisement
You lost me at he was “meh” FIU. FIU is less than “meh”—pure trash. He got them to bowl games, won a conference title and lured some good coordinators there.

Did the absolute most with the absolute least. Butch has done ZERO there, but we’re not gonna credit Mario for his tenure?

Oregon has a ceiling. Period. He could do more at USC and Miami with talent both reel in.

Anyone judging Mario on the Ducks’ game last night is clueless.

He’s recruiting at a top 10-15 level for nearly his entire tenure. What exactly is this “ceiling”.

Advertisement
Back