The sequence where the refs screwed us.....

On the Int/PI call, why did Diaz not call a timeout to at least give some time for a review? He saw it was tipped but just let OK State quickly run another play. That was the game changing moment, get that int and Miami likely scores to take the lead with all the momentum.

Advertisement
I said last night in the game thread..

‘Manny should have gone into the presser ,Thrown his checkbook down and let them have it.

tell whoever is in charge to fine him what they want but he wasn’t going to let that sHT go without calling out somebody.

We could have had the fine paid in a GoFundMe in less than 30 minutes I’d bet.

He should have called a TO on the field and ripped the refs a new *******.

..and apologized later at the press conference, he would have been a hero

I am completely ready for almost all of football officiating to move to the booth.

Keep a couple of refs on the field to spot the ball, break up fights, and signal for the chains and clocks to move.

Almost all other penalties can be called from the booth for all I care. Install a few more cameras, including an overhead view.

Advertisement
I’m still trying to figure out that defensive holding call when King got hurt.

it was supposed to be 1st down but somewhere along the line we lost a down didn’t we or is my old *** just missing a play.

I am completely ready for almost all of football officiating to move to the booth.

Keep a couple of refs on the field to spot the ball, break up fights, and signal for the chains and clocks to move.

Almost all other penalties can be called from the booth for all I care. Install a few more cameras, including an overhead view.
They should’ve all been replaced with lasers 30 years ago.

BTW, Cleveland Gary crossed the plane in South Bend.

Advertisement
I’m still trying to figure out that defensive holding call when King got hurt.

it was supposed to be 1st down but somewhere along the line we lost a down didn’t we or is my old *** just missing a play.

I heard them announce "half the distance and first down".

It's sad that in every important game, Miami seems to be on the business end of "influential "calls. As many here has said this has been going on for the past 25+years. I find it kind of funny, imo that the bad or so so Miami squads over this time period don't seem to be affected by the officiating. It only happens, to me with decent, good, or great squads. Not a conspiracy person but if you check the history I believe you will find that to be the case. Now last night you can't be down 21 love to an inferior opponent much less an elite team and expect things to suddenly shift your way.

Advertisement
They should’ve all been replaced with lasers 30 years ago.

BTW, Cleveland Gary crossed the plane in South Bend.

I'm fine with Cleveland Gary being called down at the 1.

I'm not fine with the split-squad of referees negligently giving the ball to ND because they MISTAKENLY thought it was fourth-and-goal, rather than fourth-and-seven. That's why JJ was making the "first down" motion, not the "ball was down" motion.

I'm fine with the lasers.

1609348349454.png

I mean, yes its an Alan Rubinstein article (😂😂😂) but, yes. Them **** officials needed to be called out. They effed us bigtime.

The lead guy Steve Marlowe is a Bama graduate, and an SEC referee...tell me how he does not have bias.

Then we kicked a FG on 3rd down cause I only remember 2 plays...

I think you are correct, I looked up the ESPN play-by-play and it lists the very next play as "2nd and goal".

Bizarre. Defensive holding is, by definition, an automatic first down. We then ran 2 incomplete passes and kicked the FG.

EDIT: OK, I just re-watched that play, and the ref announces "half the distance to the goal-line, replay second down". WHY?

Last edited:
Advertisement

Um..**** no 😂.

I think you are correct, I looked up the ESPN play-by-play and it lists the very next play as "2nd and goal".

Bizarre. Defensive holding is, by definition, an automatic first down. We then ran 2 incomplete passes and kicked the FG.
Yo share that sequence

Advertisement
Back