The sequence where the refs screwed us.....

Advertisement
Someone explain to me how it was not first and goal after King got hurt. They called defensive holding. That is an automatic first down. Yet when Perry came in it was 2nd and goal.
That didn't register at the time because, you know, King had just gotten hurt.. but you're totally right. It was 2nd down on his first play.

Oh yeah on 3rd down we were down 7-0, the QB threw the ball 10 yards out of bounds, and they call PI. Ball was so uncatchable.

That happened right before the no call on Brevin. Those are point changing calls.

Imma be honest chief; yes that should’ve been a P.I, but in fairness, on the wide open opening TD for OK St, K Smith did the same exact thing & no P.I was called. The difference? OK St true freshman WR fought back for the ball & TD, our Jr TE w/ NFL aspirations faded away from the ball.

It was a horse chit called game on both sides; but the egregious call was the overturn of BJ’s 2 pt conversion. Even with that being said, I’m not going to hold the refs accountable for everything. T Couch got some horse chit P.I calls, but our WRs dropping huge balls, our def allowing a kid who caught ONE PASS all season using us as his highlight film, sloppy execution, turnovers....brother we dug our own grave.

Credit to them for actually fighting back, but we shot ourselves way too many times. Plus losing King hurt big time, obviously.

Oh yeah on 3rd down we were down 7-0, the QB threw the ball 10 yards out of bounds, and they call PI. Ball was so uncatchable.

That happened right before the no call on Brevin. Those are point changing calls.
Yes. Goes from 10-0 to 14-0, then no points for Miami and shorter field... we didn’t help ourselves tonight but ****...

Advertisement
Someone explain to me how it was not first and goal after King got hurt. They called defensive holding. That is an automatic first down. Yet when Perry came in it was 2nd and goal.

I asked that in the game thread and still can’t figure out how we got screwed out of a down.

Edit: Apparently if the ball isn’t thrown it’s considered a run play and not an automatic first down. But I don’t understand how that can be the rule. So if you’re beat you can hold guys and hope the QB doesn’t throw it? Makes no sense.

I asked that in the game thread and still can’t figure out how we got screwed out of a down.

Edit: Apparently if the ball isn’t thrown it’s considered a run play and not an automatic first down. But I don’t understand how that can be the rule. So if you’re beat you can hold guys and hope the QB doesn’t throw it? Makes no sense.
That’s news to me. Watched a ton of football and never seen that particular call.

Advertisement
I forgot to ask earlier but couldn’t Manny have challenged that PI call on the tipped ball? Or is that not reviewable in college? I was screaming for him to throw the red flag

And it was a run play probably bc of the defensive holding in the first place. It’s not like it was a handoff, king was running with it. I would like a firm explanation of this if possible as well.

The 2 pt conversion overrule- which is key, the call was overruled which means definitive evidence was perhaps the worst call I've seen since....

Someone should be fired for that call. Honestly. As bad as some of the others were, and they were BAD, they were high speed, judgement calls. Which are not reviewable.

But that one, they looked at for 3 minutes. And decided there was “indisputable, video evidence” that Jordan didn’t get into the endzone. There is NO ******* WAY there was indisputable video evidence to overturn the call. I would be pretty ****ed if they ruled he was down and just upheld the call, because it was pretty clear he was in. But to CHANGE the call, that was absolutely ******* ridiculous.

Advertisement
Someone should be fired for that call. Honestly. As bad as some of the others were, and they were BAD, they were high speed, judgement calls. Which are not reviewable.

But that one, they looked at for 3 minutes. And decided there was “indisputable, video evidence” that Jordan didn’t get into the endzone. There is NO ******* WAY there was indisputable video evidence to overturn the call. I would be pretty ****ed if they ruled he was down and just upheld the call, because it was pretty clear he was in. But to CHANGE the call, that was absolutely ******* ridiculous.

There wasn’t even a shot directly down the goal line. Impossible for that to be “indisputable” evidence.

We can’t expect to get help from the refs. Ever. Control what you can control. Catch the **** ball. Make a stop. No MEs.

There wasn’t even a shot directly down the goal line. Impossible for that to be “indisputable” evidence.

Literally impossible. I rarely get out of my skin livid during games. I’m too old for that. But my wife literally went into the bedroom and told me I had “serious problems” with how berserk I went. She’s not wrong, but holy ******* **** how in the world can you change that call???!

Advertisement
Brevin 2 point conversion they overturned. An absolute horsecrap reversal call.

Then we come right back and get an INT, and they took it away with a bogus PI call on a WR sceen. You know even if there was some contact it’s ok inside of 5 yards.

The 2 go Miami’s way we win.
Great return on investment for whoever paid off the refs

That doesn't make sense. Does this mean you can't call defensive holding on a run play? I'm sure I've seen it called.....

Advertisement
Back