The sequence where the refs screwed us.....

Imma be honest chief; yes that should’ve been a P.I, but in fairness, on the wide open opening TD for OK St, K Smith did the same exact thing & no P.I was called. The difference? OK St true freshman WR fought back for the ball & TD, our Jr TE w/ NFL aspirations faded away from the ball.

It was a horse chit called game on both sides; but the egregious call was the overturn of BJ’s 2 pt conversion. Even with that being said, I’m not going to hold the refs accountable for everything. T Couch got some horse chit P.I calls, but our WRs dropping huge balls, our def allowing a kid who caught ONE PASS all season using us as his highlight film, sloppy execution, turnovers....brother we dug our own grave.

Credit to them for actually fighting back, but we shot ourselves way too many times. Plus losing King hurt big time, obviously.
I have heard that time after time that if a player is fighting back for the ball it should be called. Well, being interfered with can often knock a player off balance causing him to not be able to fight for the ball. It really needs to be taken out of consideration. Is a player interfered with, yes or no? There is no bonus for "Did the player fight for the ball?" It's just another excuse for them to justify making a call or not. Yes, an offensive guy can cause a DB to interfere with him in that way, thus causing a flag to be thrown. However, once the DB has mauled you, should it really be necessary to fight back for the ball to REALLY cause a train wreck of a situation? ****, our guy would probably be called for offensive PI with the refs we had last night.

Advertisement
I have heard that time after time that if a player is fighting back for the ball it should be called. Well, being interfered with can often knock a player off balance causing him to not be able to fight for the ball. It really needs to be taken out of consideration. Is a player interfered with, yes or no? There is no bonus for "Did the player fight for the ball?" It's just another excuse for them to justify making a call or not. Yes, an offensive guy can cause a DB to interfere with him in that way, thus causing a flag to be thrown. However, once the DB has mauled you, should it really be necessary to fight back for the ball to REALLY cause a train wreck of a situation? ****, our guy would probably be called for offensive PI with the refs we had last night.

I’m a little partial to defenders since everything now caters to offensive guys & I played the position. Lol. But as stated, that was definitely pass interference. But Smith did the same exact thing & it wasn’t called. I feel the refs were extremely inconsistent, missing obvious calls, and calling ticky tack calls. The 2 point conversion is my biggest gripe, along w/ two P.Is on Couch.

But the refs aren’t why we lost. We can’t continue to use them. OKSU had more penalties & penalty yards than us. We out gained them in total yards. We shot our own foot. Lashlee called an extremely vanilla game plan for the first 20 minutes of the game. Miami was so paranoid about the run, they completely abandoned the pass defense, giving a turnover machine QB time to just pick us apart.

By the time we got our ish together, it was too late. Ohhhhh; yeah, something about a lot dropped balls that would’ve helped us, too.

I’m a little partial to defenders since everything now caters to offensive guys & I played the position. Lol. But as stated, that was definitely pass interference. But Smith did the same exact thing & it wasn’t called. I feel the refs were extremely inconsistent, missing obvious calls, and calling ticky tack calls. The 2 point conversion is my biggest gripe, along w/ two P.Is on Couch.

But the refs aren’t why we lost. We can’t continue to use them. OKSU had more penalties & penalty yards than us. We out gained them in total yards. We shot our own foot. Lashlee called an extremely vanilla game plan for the first 20 minutes of the game. Miami was so paranoid about the run, they completely abandoned the pass defense, giving a turnover machine QB time to just pick us apart.

By the time we got our ish together, it was too late. Ohhhhh; yeah, something about a lot dropped balls that would’ve helped us, too.
I think the difference regardless of how many yards and calls went against OK State, was the timing in which ours were called against us. We get a nice return **FLAG**, We get a TD **FLAG**, We get an INT **FLAG**, we get a stop on 3rd down *FLAG*, then you add the 2pt conversion reversal. Like you said it isn't the reason we lost, that is on Miami. However, the refs def impacted the game.

I mean, yes its an Alan Rubinstein article (😂😂😂) but, yes. Them **** officials needed to be called out. They effed us bigtime.

I think the difference regardless of how many yards and calls went against OK State, was the timing in which ours were called against us. We get a nice return **FLAG**, We get a TD **FLAG**, We get an INT **FLAG**, we get a stop on 3rd down *FLAG*, then you add the 2pt conversion reversal. Like you said it isn't the reason we lost, that is on Miami. However, the refs def impacted the game.

Oh for sure; my brotha. But per OKSU fans, refs killed their momentum & we weren’t called for off sides. Lol.

We’ll always be jaded towards refs b/c imo, CFB & CBB refs r the worst. They are extremely horrible when it comes to non traditional blue bloods. We got the short end of some ?able calls that killed drives, no doubt.

Advertisement
I made a thread about Yahoo Sports blasting the officiating crew. Maudes... @IndayArtHauz can you merge that thread with this, or do you think it should be separate?

Even the people who don’t have a rooting interest were saying the officiating was trash
Guy at work is a ND fan and first thing he says to me this morning, “That was horrible officiating, they screwed you guys.” You know it’s real when rivals are siding with you.

To what little credit I’ll give, Manny almost seemed to lose it when questioned about the officiating. I get it, as a coach you don’t want to blame the refs, especially given the mistakes his team did make (holding negating King’s TD run, dropped passes). He should have gone off, take the fine.

Advertisement

The number of penalties and yards are smoke and mirrors they have used for years to look impartial. It's WHEN they are called that makes the impact. Our missed calls and bad calls were at critical times.

I agree, we still beat ourselves in the end. Thing is, it should have never come down to that drop by Pope, and wouldn't have had the officiating been actually fair, not just numerically fair. If that makes any sense.

To what little credit I’ll give, Manny almost seemed to lose it when questioned about the officiating. I get it, as a coach you don’t want to blame the refs, especially given the mistakes his team did make (holding negating King’s TD run, dropped passes). He should have gone off, take the fine.
Got a link for this?

I mean, yes its an Alan Rubinstein article (😂😂😂) but, yes. Them **** officials needed to be called out. They effed us bigtime.

LOL... I knew they was some deep south Johnny Rebel good ol' boy's from the SEC. And the coup de' grace was the first time I heard one speak about a penalty call. lol Those good ol' boy's F'ed Richt and Miami in their bowl game against mighty Wisconsin, too. More than a handful of holds by Wisconsin, on both offense and defense. F'! Why do U'all think Grandpa went of the WAR PATH at the end of the first-half. Even the body guard had to hold him back. LMFAO I think that dude is some type of law enforcement chief from Coral Gables. But I could be wrong.

Advertisement
lol... I remember when Wisconsin DB's had a major HOLD on Thomas' jersey. And their DB's were going to continue to grab/hold jersey's as long as they could get away with it. And numerous times they did get away with the holds! Even the ESPN broadcaster's mentioned the OBVIOUS holds a few times. Now that's rich. huh?

The holding on 53 was a hold. But the officiating was the worse I’ve seen. And the timing of the PIs we’re terrible the one when the ball was thrown completely through the end zone and the last one where the ball was nowhere near the wr who stopped his route at least 15 yard short. The fact they didn’t review the Bradley INT which the hall indeed looked tipped by mccloud. And depending on where that contact between Te and the WR happened. I thought it was behind the LOS which is a legal play. Then the clear PI on Brevin dwn the field. Ppl saying the officials didn’t cause the outcome are dead’ wrong

Advertisement
I said last night in the game thread..

‘Manny should have gone into the presser ,Thrown his checkbook down and let them have it.

tell whoever is in charge to fine him what they want but he wasn’t going to let that sHT go without calling out somebody.

We could have had the fine paid in a GoFundMe in less than 30 minutes I’d bet.

Advertisement
Back