The Richt decision will tell us everything about Blake

**** that, I'd rather have Schiano, who is a hard *** and is dying to coach, than Richt's lily white *** dressed in his Sunday best half assing it here while he chokes in every big game.

I'm in agreement that Richt is a bit underwhelming, all things considered, but LULZ at anyone who would take Chimp over him.

Schiano is fcking garbage. It doesn't matter if you're a hard *** or a preacher man if you can't coach for shlt.

He had one quality season as a head coach and his conference record was terrible. His track record is mediocrity. That is the last thing we need. He is not a big time coach and would be an absolute disaster.

Advertisement
Once again the program is clueless as to what plagues us.

Miami ties is not an issue.

Recruiting is not an issue.

Trying to be squeeky clean doesn't matter (see Randy hired and the subsequent Shapiro mess).

The issue has been coaching. Teaching, Xs and Os, S&C. Once again, they focused their search on the nonsense things that aren't actually the primary issue. Could we use some better players at spots, of course. But that's not been the primary issue here.

Golden/Coker/Randy's issues werent that they "didn't know Miami". Its that they aren't very good coaches on the field, on the whiteboard, and sucked at hiring staff.

It drives me crazy that the people in charge STILL DONT GET IT.

when did butch davis become a great x's and o's guy? he recruits and develops talent better than about anyone else, but he still loses his share of games that he's supposed to win because he gets outcoached.

Just seems like Richt wants to take time off in his press conference but who knows maybe he just didn't want to say anything he shouldn't since he seemed to have some issues going on there. If it is Richt hope he still has the fire to coach if not then who is 2nd? Would think it has to be butch or schiano after Richt

Goodie two shoes program afraid of its past continues to hire goodie two shoe coaches. I wonder what UGA's APR rating was, that is usually what Miami goes for above all. It's one grand social experiment.

If we hire Richt, then we know Donna wasn't even the issue, bc Richt is another one of these neuter the players coaches.

His last 2 DCs were 3-4 guys also, btw, so we have more of that to look forward to!

Advertisement

Trying to be squeeky clean doesn't matter (see Randy hired and the subsequent Shapiro mess).

The issue has been coaching. Teaching, Xs and Os, S&C. Once again, they focused their search on the nonsense things that aren't actually the primary issue. Could we use some better players at spots, of course. But that's not been the primary issue here.

Golden/Coker/Randy's issues werent that they "didn't know Miami". Its that they aren't very good coaches on the field, on the whiteboard, and sucked at hiring staff.

when did butch davis become a great x's and o's guy? he recruits and develops talent better than about anyone else, but he still loses his share of games that he's supposed to win because he gets outcoached.

Where in my post did I say we should hire Botch? Do you follow the site at all? I'm one of the few who is strongly against bringing him back.

I want a younger, hungry, innovative savage football man who will make a name for himself and create a new chapter in Canes lore.

Recruiting is a big issue. This team needs some serious talent infusion, especially on the o-line and d-line.

Richtvis a garbage choice who stalled despite having 1000x times the resources he will have here.

He is the antithesis of a savage. We don't need good guy acts anymore. We need a heel turn

BBB.

Advertisement
Georgia fired him to hire a lifelong DC. Their AD is an idiot.

No they fired him because he can't even win the SEC East on a regular basis.

Facts!

Is it better to never win 9 games in the acc to not win the sec east consistently?

The SEC East is just as bad as the Coastal

**** no. Kentucky would likely win the coastal.

Richt is trending downward. Started off great at UGA, three Sugar Bowls in 7 years, last one in 2007. Since then Capital One and Gator.

Advertisement
Butch has been unemployed for 7 of the last 11 years. During the 4 years he was employed he went .470 in the ACC. The best he finished in 4 years in the coastal was 3rd place. 3rd place not in the conference but the coastal. This ****amamy bull**** that Fedora is winning BECAUSE of Butch is just stupid. Butch will go down in History as the individual who built the greatest team in College Football history. A feat done before the Class of 2017 was BORN. He has ZERO name recognition in south Florida. ZERO. I love Butch for everything he has done for this program and hate to see him at this point in his life so desperately trying to hold onto the past as so many of you are today. Butch was NEVER a good game day coach. His specialty is talent evaluation. PERIOD. We can move on and should. Richt would be such a major upgrade from any coach we have had since Butch this board should be bustin nuts all over their keyboards right now.

This has Blake James written all over it. I spent half my life living in Atlanta and Mark Richt is a good coach..but be prepared to replicate UGA's success..nothing more. Checking the boxes is more important to Blake than anything.. to him its about perception and appearance.. Thats not going to get you what you want.

Butch's ceiling is way higher than Richt's ceiling. But Butch's floor is lower than Richts. Its a risk but a real AD would hire Butch with hopes for a national championship. While Flake will be happy w/ ACC championship participation trophies.

This board is joke. It fully deserves the crappy *** past 12yrs it's had to endure

Last edited:
Advertisement
If Richt is hired, it is a horse**** hire. Once again, Miami engages in self hate and goes for the squeaky clean preacher man as penance for long forgiven sins.

How the **** are you going to hire a man who by his own admission won't even bring his wife down to live in Miami? Whose own family is telling him to sit out a year and decompress? Who had everything in his favor - a state where his school was THE school, a rich and powerful alumni base, the best coaches and facilities that money can buy - and still couldn't get the job done.

All this while a guy who is dying to coach here, that understands all that is good and bad with Canes football, understands the SoFla athlete and who will galvanize the fan base is left twisting in the wind?

**** that, I'd rather have Schiano, who is a hard *** and is dying to coach, than Richt's lily white *** dressed in his Sunday best half assing it here while he chokes in every big game.

That sums up exactly the way I feel about hiring Richt. Blake James dream alright. A good hire on the surface but we will end up regretting this IMO. The guy seems totally burnt out.

SHould we expect an announcement tomorrow D$? Give us your best shot...

Yes. My guess would be Richt because he'd be stupid to turn it down. But I haven't spent 33 years coaching so it's easy for me to say.

You would think one of his main concerns would be money available for a staff, so if he excepts he should be good to go with who he needs to win?

He would be his own OC like Jimbo so you save some money there. The DC would be the key hire.

I don't mind that at all, who would be some DC he could work with?
Pruitt? Heard that's not likely

If Richt is hired, it is a horse**** hire. Once again, Miami engages in self hate and goes for the squeaky clean preacher man as penance for long forgiven sins.

How the **** are you going to hire a man who by his own admission won't even bring his wife down to live in Miami? Whose own family is telling him to sit out a year and decompress? Who had everything in his favor - a state where his school was THE school, a rich and powerful alumni base, the best coaches and facilities that money can buy - and still couldn't get the job done.

All this while a guy who is dying to coach here, that understands all that is good and bad with Canes football, understands the SoFla athlete and who will galvanize the fan base is left twisting in the wind?

That sums up exactly the way I feel about hiring Richt. Blake James dream alright. A good hire on the surface but we will end up regretting this IMO. The guy seems totally burnt out.

Burnt out? The guy wants to be more hands on which is the opposite of burned out.

Advertisement
Back