The Richt decision will tell us everything about Blake

Advertisement
Regardless of what we may think of him, Richt is exactly what Blake drew up when he started this search: Proven head coach, great recruiter, clean as a whistle, Miami ties. This is Blake's dream. If he's really up to being the AD of Miami, he closes the deal.

Blake has everything he needs to get this done, including the money. The pitch is simple: "We can offer you a first round quarterback, total playcalling control, abundant talent and a chance to win a national championship. Even better, you can do it at your alma mater. You may feel like taking some time off, but you won't find an opportunity like this when you come back."

I'm still a Butch guy, but Richt can be the same kind of coach as Jimbo Fisher in this conference. He's obviously interested or else he wouldn't have come on the lot. It will be very interesting to see where this goes.

Besides coaching at his alma mater, which one of these benefits did UGA not offer? IMO the answer is none and Richt still did not win enough.

Whats not to say that their AD doesn't have final say on personnel? Basically telling Richt, nope you need to hire an OC and QB coach, we don't want you doing all of that. Not saying it isn't what happened, but listening to that PC yesterday and I was like ****...sounds like someone wanted more control and was told no you'll get less.

Richt has had at least 1 other AD at UGA. (You should read up on him and why he got fired, its funny). Living in GA I don't think Richt took a back seat to anyone. Richt was King at UGA.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but the AD had a bunch of political terms for "we had a loud conversation where it got very heated on views." With his "we had a mature adult conversation", personally something just seems funny with how it all happened, and with Richt never signing the extension on top of it. Something weird was going on there.

I know people question richts passion but does anyone really believe richt is the kind of person who would take this job too just collect checks ? At his alma mater?

Regardless of what we may think of him, Richt is exactly what Blake drew up when he started this search: Proven head coach, great recruiter, clean as a whistle, Miami ties. This is Blake's dream. If he's really up to being the AD of Miami, he closes the deal.

Blake has everything he needs to get this done, including the money. The pitch is simple: "We can offer you a first round quarterback, total playcalling control, abundant talent and a chance to win a national championship. Even better, you can do it at your alma mater. You may feel like taking some time off, but you won't find an opportunity like this when you come back."

I'm still a Butch guy, but Richt can be the same kind of coach as Jimbo Fisher in this conference. He's obviously interested or else he wouldn't have come on the lot. It will be very interesting to see where this goes.
I am hearing we are going to have to really pony up if we really want Richt. He wants a lot more money for assistants then we expected. Also wants confirmation of breaking ground within the year of indoor practice facility.also wants a handshake deal that a on campus stadium will be in the works within two years... Can we do this??

Stadium never happening.
So you think he is asking for things that can't be done on purpose?for the purpose of a easy turn down excuse? That could be my guy said stadium was big issue in meeting.

FWIW (which isn't much) but it turns out that Richt and Jimmy Larranaga share the same agent- Mark Carmony of CSE.

Advertisement
Who would u rather have butch or richt? I mean to me its simple, i just dont see the fire in this guy no more he probably trying to get a last pay like a worn out boxer. Imo butch would work the hardest regarless of age, youcan tell bythe way he speaks.

Does blake not want butch? Will someone onthe bot over throw him and demand butch like the big donors?

Richt looked like a worn out and defeated man at his firing press conference. We need Butch. He's hungry and more motivated than ever. That is a dangerous combination.

Yeah because most guys look chipper and upbeat at their firing press conferences.

LmAO!!! Great retort!!!

SHould we expect an announcement tomorrow D$? Give us your best shot...

Yes. My guess would be Richt because he'd be stupid to turn it down. But I haven't spent 33 years coaching so it's easy for me to say.

I am calling it now, if Richt takes the job, then 3 years from now we will be reading about how his wife hates it here and wants out. Miami is just not for everybody. Richt's best fit would be USCe.

Last edited:

Yes. My guess would be Richt because he'd be stupid to turn it down. But I haven't spent 33 years coaching so it's easy for me to say.

I am calling it now, if Richt takes the job, then 3 years from now we will be reading about how his wife hates it here and wants out. Miami is just not for everbody. Richt's best fit would be USCe.

Uh, ........... Sorry, did you say something?? I was in a trance staring at your avatar. Did we hire a coach yet?

Seriously though, where is that from?

I am calling it now, if Richt takes the job, then 3 years from now we will be reading about how his wife hates it here and wants out. Miami is just not for everbody. Richt's best fit would be USCe.

Uh, ........... Sorry, did you say something?? I was in a trance staring at your avatar. Did we hire a coach yet?

Seriously though, where is that from?

Not to get off...........topic, Kamille Leai in Satisfaction. Way too many tats, but ****, dat A@@

Advertisement
Richt is a grand slam, one of the top 10 coaches in the game.

Top 10 WTF?

He just got FIRED.

lol

So would the vast majority of coaches in the SEC having a good portion of their losses and title hopes smashed by Meyer and Saban. Sure, there were other losses, but that's football. Every fan of the big schools has their expectations out of whack.

****, most would kill for Miles at LSU who's run into the same buzzsaw as Richt.

I am hearing we are going to have to really pony up if we really want Richt. He wants a lot more money for assistants then we expected. Also wants confirmation of breaking ground within the year of indoor practice facility.also wants a handshake deal that a on campus stadium will be in the works within two years... Can we do this??

Stadium never happening.
So you think he is asking for things that can't be done on purpose?for the purpose of a easy turn down excuse? That could be my guy said stadium was big issue in meeting.

I'm guessing your guy is full of ****. There's no coach in the country who would come into an interview with that list of demands and expect to be taken seriously.

UGA has an indoor practice facility in the works, but nothing more than plans at this point. They've been working on this for years, so again I say bs on needing ground broken within the year.

You follow that nonsense up with an on campus stadium within the works in the next two years. You do realize that he is an alumnus and gets all the requests for donations like every other alumnus. He's had his hand on a bunch of things at UGA knowing full well the difficulties we'd face having an on campus stadium financially, space wise, and dealing with CG. If message board yahoos know the difficulties here, bet he knows more.

If you still stand by hearing that from someone, you should learn to think logically about what someone says before you pass it along.

Advertisement
After many years of success, but no championships, Ga needed a change of pace. Their supporter were starting to sour. Richt wasn't failing like some of the coaches y'all have mentioned.

Excellent post. We benefit from timing and situational influence. Take advantage. Richt is far superior to virtually any name who has surfaced. We keep our pro style tradition.

I have no idea how anybody can say he is burnt out and lacks fire. At the end of last week's Georgia Tech game Richt was out on the field with his headset off passionately arguing for every last second to run off that clock on several consecutive plays. There were strange clock stoppages on multiple plays despite Georgia Tech already out of time outs.

If there were no option of Butch I would be ecstatic to get Richt... As someone else stated, Butch seems like he will outwork anyone... Plus we all know what type of talent evaluator/developer Butch is. I am on the fence here and will support either. Although from reading recent articles, Butch seems to be a distant 4th unless it's all smoke and mirrors.

Advertisement
You have to take Richt if he wants the job..
You don't have to take schiano if Richt turns it down...
My morning noon and night have been consumed by this search, however i did drink my sorrows away last night...
Back to hitting the refresh button I guess

You are right. The problem is that Richt is going to continue the soft player tradition of Golden and that is Blake's style, soft. Butch would have tried to put the savage back in Cane football. Mark is going to be NICE. At first I thought Mark would be acceptable substitute for Butch but as yesterday worn on and he started looking like the guy, my gut told me he will gently lower Miami into the grave Donna dug.

The only hope I hold out it is for Mark to be uncharacteristically ****ed off beyond what his faith allows. If he wants vengeance, then maybe he will make Miami the weapon to slay the SEC. Otherwise, I fear Mark is nothing more than a talented Golden with much greater coaching ability but still a girl.

Advertisement
Back