The Richt decision will tell us everything about Blake

Regardless of what we may think of him, Richt is exactly what Blake drew up when he started this search: Proven head coach, great recruiter, clean as a whistle, Miami ties. This is Blake's dream. If he's really up to being the AD of Miami, he closes the deal.

Blake has everything he needs to get this done, including the money. The pitch is simple: "We can offer you a first round quarterback, total playcalling control, abundant talent and a chance to win a national championship. Even better, you can do it at your alma mater. You may feel like taking some time off, but you won't find an opportunity like this when you come back."

I'm still a Butch guy, but Richt can be the same kind of coach as Jimbo Fisher in this conference. He's obviously interested or else he wouldn't have come on the lot. It will be very interesting to see where this goes.
I am hearing we are going to have to really pony up if we really want Richt. He wants a lot more money for assistants then we expected. Also wants confirmation of breaking ground within the year of indoor practice facility.also wants a handshake deal that a on campus stadium will be in the works within two years... Can we do this??

Stadium never happening.
So you think he is asking for things that can't be done on purpose?for the purpose of a easy turn down excuse? That could be my guy said stadium was big issue in meeting.

I'm guessing your guy is full of ****. There's no coach in the country who would come into an interview with that list of demands and expect to be taken seriously.

UGA has an indoor practice facility in the works, but nothing more than plans at this point. They've been working on this for years, so again I say bs on needing ground broken within the year.

You follow that nonsense up with an on campus stadium within the works in the next two years. You do realize that he is an alumnus and gets all the requests for donations like every other alumnus. He's had his hand on a bunch of things at UGA knowing full well the difficulties we'd face having an on campus stadium financially, space wise, and dealing with CG. If message board yahoos know the difficulties here, bet he knows more.

If you still stand by hearing that from someone, you should learn to think logically about what someone says before you pass it along.

They led Howard on about the on campus stadium for a couple years. Lying through their teeth to him. When he finally figured out it was never going to happen, well he quit shortly thereafter. Mark was playing here during that time, so he should know better.

Advertisement
After many years of success, but no championships, Ga needed a change of pace. Their supporter were starting to sour. Richt wasn't failing like some of the coaches y'all have mentioned.

Exactly, and his path to Conference title and CFB playoff games is much easier through the Coastal and ACC at UM than it was at UGA.

The only team in his division with comparable talent is UF, he is 5-10 vs them. 2-9 vs coaches not named Muschamp.

People are pumped about a guy who gets smashed by his rival every year, can't win his conference, and barely wins his division.

UF had top 5 teams 7-8 of those seasons. No Coastal team has been remotely that good. UF has stood squarely in UGA's way, and they have had better talent and resources than Richt had at UGA.

SHould we expect an announcement tomorrow D$? Give us your best shot...

Yes. My guess would be Richt because he'd be stupid to turn it down. But I haven't spent 33 years coaching so it's easy for me to say.

I am calling it now, if Richt takes the job, then 3 years from now we will be reading about how his wife hates it here and wants out. Miami is just not for everybody. Richt's best fit would be USCe.

I agree.

I'm hoping Richt politely declines and endorses Butch as the guy we should go with to Blake and the BoT.

I think that Richt is on the fence, regarding Miami vs ******. At the same time, extending Richt the offer tells us a lot about our own program's expectations. This Sabre prost (which I previously pasted on the Beast thread) hits the nail squarely on the head.

I think what most say about Miami is great recruits, talented roster, alma mater. But, they don't have an on campus stadium, the fan base is unrealistic. He even mentioned the stress of being expected to win it all every year at Georgia. That would be the same at Miami. For UVA, I see us as a place he can come and build this like he wants. He can win consistently and be loved. Ultimately, for a 55 year old coach, if it goes well we could be his last stop.

Our BOT wants to be just like ******. We've been well on this road, since Coker:
have a "nice" football program;
win some games;
maybe stumble into a Coastal chip;
lower the testosterone level;
recruit nice boys.

Fraulden was their perfect corch:
clean face;
spoke well;
got rid of the bad/savage boys.

They got 5 years out of the last idiot, and were pleased. Now they're looking for a Fraulden2.0. Someone with the same qualities, but that wins a few more games, to keep the asses in the seats. A new face will buy them another 5 years of tranquility, they hope. Meanwhile, as us old heads sail off into the sunset, we'll be replaced by fans with lower expectations. In 10 years, the transformation should be complete. The crux of the matter is that the BOT simply doesn't like our image. The blue noses are absolutely aghast and repulsed by what they perceive as Thug U.

What is going to go wrong? The BOT's quandary is financial, this is why we joined the ACC. Sure, the income stream is steady, but there's the problem with the empty stadium. At some point, the ACC is going to expect us to carry our own water. I doubt this can happen. In Miami, you have to win big to fill a stadium. Eventually we'll be pushed into the Sunbelt.

Because we can't change the BOT, we are doomed. What started with Howard, ended with Butch. We'll never see their like again. The BOT doesn't want them, nor the savages that they would recruit.

It was great while it lasted. I still have my memories. Rest In Peace, Miami Football.

Advertisement
Mark Richt will be Miami's next coach, sources confirmed to ESPN.com's Brett McMurphy and Mark Schlabach on Wednesday.

Trying To Bring W's To The U

Only three coaches in FBS history have won more games in their first 15 seasons as a head coach than Mark Richt.

Wins

Seasons

Bob Stoops* 160 1999-2013
Barry Switzer* 148 1973-87
Tom Osborne 147 1973-87
Mark Richt 145 2001-15
Steve Spurrier* 142 1987-2001

* Won national title during that span
-- ESPN Stats & Information

News of the hiring was reported earlier by CanesInSight.com

Regardless of what we may think of him, Richt is exactly what Blake drew up when he started this search: Proven head coach, great recruiter, clean as a whistle, Miami ties. This is Blake's dream. If he's really up to being the AD of Miami, he closes the deal.

Blake has everything he needs to get this done, including the money. The pitch is simple: "We can offer you a first round quarterback, total playcalling control, abundant talent and a chance to win a national championship. Even better, you can do it at your alma mater. You may feel like taking some time off, but you won't find an opportunity like this when you come back."

I'm still a Butch guy, but Richt can be the same kind of coach as Jimbo Fisher in this conference. He's obviously interested or else he wouldn't have come on the lot. It will be very interesting to see where this goes.

was never a big fan of blake, but he earned his stripes with this hire if in fact it was his call and he made the pitch, which is to be confirmed.

Haven't any of you been in a bad job or been at a job too long? I have and I can tell you I was burnt out a fug. When I started my next job it was like I was reborn and paroled all on the same emotion

Don't worry about Mark or his passion. He will be energized by new scenery, abundant talent in his back yard, a pretty good cast of characters already on the team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back