The Richt decision will tell us everything about Blake

This has Blake James written all over it. I spent half my life living in Atlanta and Mark Richt is a good coach..but be prepared to replicate UGA's success..nothing more. Checking the boxes is more important to Blake than anything.. to him its about perception and appearance.. Thats not going to get you what you want.

Butch's ceiling is way higher than Richt's ceiling. But Butch's floor is lower than Richts. Its a risk but a real AD would hire Butch with hopes for a national championship. While Flake will be happy w/ ACC championship participation trophies.

Totally on point. Great post!

Advertisement
If Richt is hired, it is a horse**** hire. Once again, Miami engages in self hate and goes for the squeaky clean preacher man as penance for long forgiven sins.

How the **** are you going to hire a man who by his own admission won't even bring his wife down to live in Miami? Whose own family is telling him to sit out a year and decompress? Who had everything in his favor - a state where his school was THE school, a rich and powerful alumni base, the best coaches and facilities that money can buy - and still couldn't get the job done.

All this while a guy who is dying to coach here, that understands all that is good and bad with Canes football, understands the SoFla athlete and who will galvanize the fan base is left twisting in the wind?

**** that, I'd rather have Schiano, who is a hard *** and is dying to coach, than Richt's lily white *** dressed in his Sunday best half assing it here while he chokes in every big game.

That sums up exactly the way I feel about hiring Richt. Blake James dream alright. A good hire on the surface but we will end up regretting this IMO. The guy seems totally burnt out.

Burnt out? The guy wants to be more hands on which is the opposite of burned out.

His.body language and sideline demeanor suggest otherwise.

Advertisement
IF the choice is Mark, one of the great things you're going to get from him is ELITE QB recruiting.

Remember Matthew Stafford was a 5 Star from Texas when he committed to UGA.

Aaron Murray: high 4 star from FL

Jacob Eason: 5 star from freakin WASHINGTON state!

Oh, you might want to become acquainted with this fellow, because he may be in play if Richt is hired:

Jacob Eason - Hudl

Its weird how 145 and 51 in the toughest conference winning the eastern 6 times and SEC Championship twice with 3 BCS bowl appearances is considered underachieving to a fanbase of a team that hasn't made it to the ACC Championship once. The ACC Championship...The only teams that can compete in the SEC on the regular is FSU and Clemson, maybe also UNC this year. Like somebody mentioned before, Richt would be like Miami's Jimbo and would have Miami competing for the playoff every season. Offensive mind, great recruiter and builds a great staff. Homerun hire

Who would u rather have butch or richt? I mean to me its simple, i just dont see the fire in this guy no more he probably trying to get a last pay like a worn out boxer. Imo butch would work the hardest regarless of age, youcan tell bythe way he speaks.

Does blake not want butch? Will someone onthe bot over throw him and demand butch like the big donors?

Richt looked like a worn out and defeated man at his firing press conference. We need Butch. He's hungry and more motivated than ever. That is a dangerous combination.

Advertisement
Who would u rather have butch or richt? I mean to me its simple, i just dont see the fire in this guy no more he probably trying to get a last pay like a worn out boxer. Imo butch would work the hardest regarless of age, youcan tell bythe way he speaks.

Does blake not want butch? Will someone onthe bot over throw him and demand butch like the big donors?

Richt looked like a worn out and defeated man at his firing press conference. We need Butch. He's hungry and more motivated than ever. That is a dangerous combination.

Yeah because most guys look chipper and upbeat at their firing press conferences.

Butch has been unemployed for 7 of the last 11 years. During the 4 years he was employed he went .470 in the ACC. The best he finished in 4 years in the coastal was 3rd place. 3rd place not in the conference but the coastal. This ****amamy bull**** that Fedora is winning BECAUSE of Butch is just stupid. Butch will go down in History as the individual who built the greatest team in College Football history. A feat done before the Class of 2017 was BORN. He has ZERO name recognition in south Florida. ZERO. I love Butch for everything he has done for this program and hate to see him at this point in his life so desperately trying to hold onto the past as so many of you are today. Butch was NEVER a good game day coach. His specialty is talent evaluation. PERIOD. We can move on and should. Richt would be such a major upgrade from any coach we have had since Butch this board should be bustin nuts all over their keyboards right now.

a good portion of this board is convinced that he is among the best coaches of all time. some were even saying that jimmy johnson won with butch's recruits. i love him for what he did and i'm fine with butch being hired if we get turned down by richt or mullen, but the revisionist history is insane.

God damnit. Well guys, enjoy yet another run with a coach who does less with more, gets beat by any team that has a great coach or comparable talent, and our one ACC championship in the next 10 years. But hey, probably won't win less than 8!

Gotta love picking up someone else's fired trash with "perennial disappointment" for a middle name. Thanks for putting on the blinders and only really selling someone with UM ties and no other options (our whole candidate pool).

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah because most guys look chipper and upbeat at their firing press conferences.

We're just biased by how strong Golden was at his. Dude stood in there like a man and answered every last question and even took more blame than necessary for the program's shortcomings. I'll always respect him for that.

Advertisement

I know it's hard but it's time to move on, that bus has left the station .

I find it incredible that Richt is available just when the U is on a search. The guy has never had a down year in the SEC east, is a great recruiter a UM alum and a PBC Hall of Fame member as a QB. This is a match that has fallen out of the sky on top of the U.

If Richt wants to win championships this is by far his best choice. Waiting until next year for ... Texas? What other job will become available were he can win.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Georgia fired him to hire a lifelong DC. Their AD is an idiot.

No they fired him because he can't even win the SEC East on a regular basis.

Facts!

Is it better to never win 9 games in the acc to not win the sec east consistently?

The SEC East is just as bad as the Coastal

You couldn't be more wrong. SEC east doormat South Carolina beat Coastal champion UNC to start the season. If they had been in the Coastal any of UGA, UF, and possibly Mizzou or Tennessee would have won the Coastal.

Butch is so hungry to coach he hasn't coached in 5 years......

Regardless of what we may think of him, Richt is exactly what Blake drew up when he started this search: Proven head coach, great recruiter, clean as a whistle, Miami ties. This is Blake's dream. If he's really up to being the AD of Miami, he closes the deal.

Blake has everything he needs to get this done, including the money. The pitch is simple: "We can offer you a first round quarterback, total playcalling control, abundant talent and a chance to win a national championship. Even better, you can do it at your alma mater. You may feel like taking some time off, but you won't find an opportunity like this when you come back."

I'm still a Butch guy, but Richt can be the same kind of coach as Jimbo Fisher in this conference. He's obviously interested or else he wouldn't have come on the lot. It will be very interesting to see where this goes.
Personally I don't think Blake is selling National Championships. I think he's selling Richt a 9 to 10 win program where his job will be safe and stress free. I just don't see Richt as driven and his quote below tells me his mind isn't on championships. It's one of the reasons I think he tells us no thanks.

"I just think that 15 years is a long time," Richt said. "I think the expectations have been built to the point that if you don't win a championship it's kind of miserable around here. If we don't make it to [the SEC championship game in] Atlanta, I'm miserable, too."

Advertisement
Back