The Richt decision will tell us everything about Blake

Advertisement
My sources tell me that Florida wants to schedule us for the next 5 years for some strange reason....

Regardless of what we may think of him, Richt is exactly what Blake drew up when he started this search: Proven head coach, great recruiter, clean as a whistle, Miami ties. This is Blake's dream. If he's really up to being the AD of Miami, he closes the deal.

Blake has everything he needs to get this done, including the money. The pitch is simple: "We can offer you a first round quarterback, total playcalling control, abundant talent and a chance to win a national championship. Even better, you can do it at your alma mater. You may feel like taking some time off, but you won't find an opportunity like this when you come back."

I'm still a Butch guy, but Richt can be the same kind of coach as Jimbo Fisher in this conference. He's obviously interested or else he wouldn't have come on the lot. It will be very interesting to see where this goes.

I agree with 100% of everything you have said.
Especially the part about Blake, if he sold it like an AD should we get a top tier football coach..but if not God better help him because this business will not.
I hope I'm wrong, that he didn't offer the job to Butch and then second guess himself and run Butch off..

Back to Richt, he can build quite a team in Miami and the best part is he knows how to win, but with UM putting 4mill on him will the resources be available for a better staff then he had at UGA or comparable? Or are we going to make ourselves "coach poor"
I hope not, all we have heard is " money will not be a factor "

Meanwhile Canes 58 huskers 55

Advertisement
Butch over Richt. I don't think Richt has the desire that Butch has. I just don't see it from him.

Butch over Richt. I don't think Richt has the desire that Butch has. I just don't see it from him.

I agree I would love to get Butch as HC then Richt as OC just make him a very highly paid OC because you can get Butch cheap. Then bring Leavit in

Advertisement
Advertisement
At least they got something right lol

“We don’t want a guy who was fired by FIU,” one high-level UM Trustee said, scoffing at his 27-47 record there. From Barry Jackson report in the Miami herald

Lol at people wh don't know the guy at all knowing if he has the drive or not. Loudness on tv press conference means ****. Butch is awesome. He's also possibly more desperate for a chance with not having an offer for years. So many assumptions on how his drive is or isn't vs Butch.

Im happy with either.

Advertisement
SHould we expect an announcement tomorrow D$? Give us your best shot...

Yes. My guess would be Richt because he'd be stupid to turn it down. But I haven't spent 33 years coaching so it's easy for me to say.

This is my true opinion as having Richt as a head coach. I think too many people are giving the SEC conference too much credit. Richt is a good coach but IMO his style does not fit what we need and he fails to win the games that are most important. Fans will always have their opinion, some uga fans like him and some do not but from what Ive seen nothing about him says he is a home run hire. He is a good option but not the best option. Butch is not my first option but I would also take him over Richt. Schiano being mentioned is an insult to our program.

Advertisement
Back