The real problem with OL recruiting in 2020

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
We just watched LSU’s OL dominate Florida. They are coming down here to pluck two South Florida OL. The Gators, who have one of the best OL coaches in the country, grabbed another.

We have none. Forget going to Iowa to get Pipho and Dykstra. We need to get the best on our home turf first and expand out from there.

Advertisement
Not saying you but I feel like when we struggle with guys from South Florida, the excuse is we need to look out of state.

When we struggle with kids from OOS then it’s back to the “stay at home” thing.

At some point I don’t know where the **** we are supposed to go for OL but it isn’t the spots we’ve been going.

But I agree I think our best recently have been from here, but just seems we are out of the running for the elite guys before it even gets started.

Not saying you but I feel like when we struggle with guys from South Florida, the excuse is we need to look out of state.

When we struggle with kids from OOS then it’s back to the “stay at home” thing.

At some point I don’t know where the **** we are supposed to go for OL but it isn’t the spots we’ve been going.

South Florida is never going to fill our plate on its own. So in that respect, we always need to look out of state for linemen.

But this year in particular, there’s been a lot of talk about going OOS when we are missing the boat on the best OL class in South Florida history.

212AB3B5-37E2-4591-9F4C-FDF58C58D7C5.jpeg

Advertisement
South Florida is never going to fill our plate on its own. So in that respect, we always need to look out of state for linemen.

But this year in particular, there’s been a lot of talk about going OOS when we are missing the boat on the best OL class in South Florida history.
Yeah I followed up with the same sentiments. Man for years it just seems we have no shot.

Linder and McDermott were nationally recruited....don’t remember if Donaldson was really....other than that? Not much for a very long time.

Any sofla recruit for 2020 that is elite is a reach right now unfortunately. Let’s hope we can show the 21 class something or the bleeding will continue.
Let’s hope we can keep the other south dade safety that’s friends with Francois. Heard he’s ballin this year.

We just watched LSU’s OL dominate Florida. They are coming down here to pluck two South Florida OL. The Gators, who have one of the best OL coaches in the country, grabbed another.

We have none. Forget going to Iowa to get Pipho and Dykstra. We need to get the best on our home turf first and expand out from there.
We didn’t go grab to Iowa to grab olinemen because it was our first choice. Look at it without the um colored glasses. If you have offers to go to the sec, why wouldn’t you go?

Advertisement

We don't get the best on our turf first no matter what position they play why in the **** would we start getting even more highly coveted OL? We aren't a good team, our OL play is the worst in the country, and we don't pay. They aren't coming here. As for L$U dominating Florida yes they have a far superior line to Miami's no question, but they were facing Florida without Greenard & Zuniga. It's not even close to facing them with those guys playing.

Advertisement
Advertisement

That's all well and good, D$, and I agree, BUT .... both those OL took bags to sign with LSU. One was a cash deal, and one involved a job for a relative.

How are you supposed to recruit against that??

This is just an excuse D. We need to do a better job developing the talent on our team. Just before the season you were boasting about the 4 star talent on our team at O-line.

Our coaches need to do a better job teaching these boys period. You don’t need the strongest or most athletic kids to field a formidable unit.

Advertisement
Back