The protests threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
My point is not that "oh if you're a Republican, you cannot be a Canes fan". **** the Dems too. It is all the same trash.

My point is that I find it highly contradictory that someone can support Trump (an unabashed racist/fascist) and MAGA/All Lives Matter and then purport to be a Canes fan, especially when out of all the colleges in CFB, this one emphasised black culture the most.

Why do you think most of the country hated/hates us? Being good was one part but I promise you it was more because they saw us as "jumped up, rowdy, noisy, aggressive black folk"

Before anyone dares challenge the Trump is a racist/fascist, he called ***** "very fine people", banned people of a specific religion entering the country and routinely refers to black people as lower citizens.
I would say you can't be serious, but I suspect you are.

Tragic and heartbreaking you've come to share those views--that isn't an insult--it truly hurts the heart.

The world simply, no pun intended, is fully black or white. There are infinite shades of grey in-between.

I'm not respecting you if you stand behind Trump and/or scream All Lives Matter.
I'm socially progressive, atheist, and a conservative who usually ends up voting Libertarian. I'll discuss things with anyone, if they actually want to have a discussion.

My point is not that "oh if you're a Republican, you cannot be a Canes fan". **** the Dems too. It is all the same trash.

My point is that I find it highly contradictory that someone can support Trump (an unabashed racist/fascist) and MAGA/All Lives Matter and then purport to be a Canes fan, especially when out of all the colleges in CFB, this one emphasised black culture the most.

Why do you think most of the country hated/hates us? Being good was one part but I promise you it was more because they saw us as "jumped up, rowdy, noisy, aggressive black folk"

Before anyone dares challenge the Trump is a racist/fascist, he called ***** "very fine people", banned people of a specific religion entering the country and routinely refers to black people as lower citizens.
You are badly missing the point of this thread.

Advertisement
I'm a socially progressive, atheist, and a conservative who usually ends up voting Libertarian. I'll discuss things with anyone, if they actually want to have a discussion.

You are badly missing the point of this thread.

No, I'm just making my point regardless before the thread gets nuked.

It's my way of saying f*ck you to the ******** in our fanbase.

I would say you can't be serious, but I suspect you are.

Tragic and heartbreaking you've come to share those views--that isn't an insult--it truly hurts the heart.

The world simply, no pun intended, is fully black or white. There are infinite shades of grey in-between.

Of course there are shades in between - I feel strongly about my side and you feel strongly about yours. It is what it is.

I've been deleting them. Don't blame any other mods. It's me.

I struggled with doing it because this is such a critical issue, but ultimately it came down to this: there's a reason I got rid of the off-topic board years ago. This board is just not designed for that type of discussion. It inevitably degenerates into a cesspool. If anyone visits the current WestEndZone, they will understand what I'm talking about.

Like everyone else, I have views on the topic and am not afraid to share them. I believe blacks have been oppressed for over 400 years, and that it continues today. I believe George Floyd was the victim of a race-related murder. I believe the #AllLivesMatter movement is meaningless at best, racist at worst. I believe it is hypocrital to celebrate the Canes for embracing black culture and then ignore black suffering. I believe police unions and public unions in general are a huge problem. I believe white Marxists have highjacked the protests and used it as an excuse to loot Hot Topic. I believe the media has disgraced itself for the past three months. I believe that despite all of these issues, we still live on the greatest country on Earth by a mile.

I'm happy to go back and forth with anyone on PM about these issues because they are important. I just don't want this board to resemble the worst parts of Facebook or Twitter.
Good stuff D$. It's probably time to Lock this thread.

I am multi-racial and this tragedy has spun out away from the killing to create all kinds of off shoot agendas.
I saw today where gun sales are up 80% in the last month and most are first time buyers in places like LA, Chicago.
Also in cities like NYC, LA, etc. many medium and lower income people of all races have been leaving those areas and moving elsewhere primarily the south as the disparity between wealth is biggest in those cities.
To open a hotdog cart in NYC the fee for permits and licenses is 3 to 4 k. Taxes keep rising and wages are the same. In Detroit over 50% of the street lights in some areas do not work and a 9-11 call can take up to 25-30 minutes.
These are just a few things and it is not only conservatives as most big cities are liberal and they have failed the people in most instances as they view minorities as a tool for "promises" to get them elected. If you keep on doing the same old thing you are going to get the same old results.

Advertisement
Smart move D$.

But you're probably gonna end up having to lock this thread too lol.
Shame we can't have civil discourse among Cane family about important issues that we might at from different POVs. I grew up with discussions and arguments about all sorts of issues while remaining friends. Those days are long gone as the country has been sliced and diced into segments. I have found that I can retreat to our family common ground in The Smoke when things get hot. I would rather have brothers and sisters that disagree with me than insist on winning every argument. Strange, the 60's and 70's were so much worse than today by every measure but we can't even talk now. Maybe it is a result of all the scars from then.

If the Canes could just come back and start kicking everyones *** if might fix everything. Everyone would be so busy hating us they would beoget about hating each other. I'm willing to take the heat if we get a couple more NCs out of it.:cool:

Shame we can't have civil discourse among Cane family about important issues that we might at from different POVs. I grew up with discussions and arguments about all sorts of issues while remaining friends. Those days are long gone as the country has been sliced and diced into segments. I have found that I can retreat to our family common ground in The Smoke when things get hot. I would rather have brothers and sisters that disagree with me than insist on winning every argument. Strange, the 60's and 70's were so much worse than today by every measure but we can't even talk now. Maybe it is a result of all the scars from then.

If the Canes could just come back and start kicking everyones *** if might fix everything. Everyone would be so busy hating us they would beoget about hating each other. I'm willing to take the heat if we get a couple more NCs out of it.:cool:
Very altruistic.

I’m white, my girl is black, we’re die hard Pubs, and we love the Canes. hOW cAN dIs bE!?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I've thought about a sports board, although those threads often pop up as OT on the football board.

Would people be interested in that kind of forum?
If it’s done right then yea. I would love to get my baseball, boxing/MMA, and NFL talk all on one board. In fact you could break that part of the board up in categories like that as well.

Dudes have been unveiling themselves nonetheless. It’s a smart move for the betterment of the board, though. Sports and race are inextricably linked —so this won’t be the last time it comes up, regardless.

I’m white, my girl is black, we’re die hard Pubs, and we love the Canes. hOW cAN dIs bE!?
My wifes of Haitian descent. Her government teacher at northwestern registered as a democrat. She hasn't voted in their primary since I've known her. Hats off to her father who taught her well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back