The protests threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
I've been deleting them. Don't blame any other mods. It's me.

I struggled with doing it because this is such a critical issue, but ultimately it came down to this: there's a reason I got rid of the off-topic board years ago. This board is just not designed for that type of discussion. It inevitably degenerates into a cesspool. If anyone visits the current WestEndZone, they will understand what I'm talking about.

Like everyone else, I have views on the topic and am not afraid to share them. I believe blacks have been oppressed for over 400 years, and that it continues today. I believe George Floyd was the victim of a race-related murder. I believe the #AllLivesMatter movement is meaningless at best, racist at worst. I believe it is hypocrital to celebrate the Canes for embracing black culture and then ignore black suffering. I believe police unions and public unions in general are a huge problem. I believe white Marxists have highjacked the protests and used it as an excuse to loot Hot Topic. I believe the media has disgraced itself for the past three months. I believe that despite all of these issues, we still live on the greatest country on Earth by a mile.

I'm happy to go back and forth with anyone on PM about these issues because they are important. I just don't want this board to resemble the worst parts of Facebook or Twitter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
So can we share our beliefs and views like you did DM or it's banned?

If you know anything about me, you know they are lax' when it comes to policing verbiage and posts. I don't troll, but my political beliefs go against most on this board and they have let me defend myself for the past few months. Just don't look up someone personal info; NYSOM got banned for that lol.

Can’t we all just get along?

I agree it’s time to move on. Canes are back on campus and fall practice is around the corner.

Let’s get back to bashing each other about Canes related topics only, the way God intended it.

Advertisement
tenor.gif

So can we share our beliefs and views like you did DM or it's banned?

This is a simplification of what happened and why these posters were band. I don’t expect anyone to share my/our perspective, but we’re pretty gracious about people sharing their beliefs. The problem usually stems from posters who have no interest in reciprocating that grace. Politics can be discussed, but isn’t a political forum. The issue isn’t sharing your beliefs, it’s making the thread *about your beliefs*, rather than the intersection of both topics with some level of respect for those with opposing views.

561, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you go wild in any way like the band posters did.

Like everyone else, I have views on the topic and am not afraid to share them. I believe blacks have been oppressed for over 400 years, and that it continues today. I believe George Floyd was the victim of a race-related murder. I believe the #AllLivesMatter movement is meaningless at best, racist at worst. I believe it is hypocrital to celebrate the Canes for embracing black culture and then ignore black suffering. I believe police unions and public unions in general are a huge problem. I believe white Marxists have highjacked the protests and used it as an excuse to loot Hot Topic. I believe the media has disgraced itself for the past three months. I believe that despite all of these issues, we still live on the greatest country on Earth by a mile.

This is what I and others like @Liberty City El have been screaming. It makes no sense.

No other team in CFB history embraced black culture like the Miami teams of the 80s/90s. So then how do we get certain political views on here???

Cognitive dissonance.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back