The one thing we do well

BTW Dolphins are a good example of everything going on with UM, but in reverse. Brian Flores was a tough disciplinarian who preached ball control and defense. He looked the part. Tua was looking like an all time bust and the mediocre backup QB, Ryan Fitzpatrick was a better fit for the O.

Fins pull the plug early and bring in a HC that looks like Harry Potter with an eating disorder, but who has reputation as an offensive guru. He builds the O around what Tua did well in college and gives him the pieces to succeed , and suddenly Dolphins are one of the best teams in football.

Advertisement
For those thinking Mario will adapt, he is what he is - a coach who doggedly insists that ground and pound and pro style is the way to go. The sooner Mario tells gattis to scrap his offense or gtfo, the better we are off. And if Mario keeps gattis fornthe rest of the year and cans him in the off season, Mario will have a **** of a time finding an OC which means ponce will be OC
I fear that you are correct but even Saban has adapted dramatically over time (his offense was completely revamped when the transition from Hurts to Tua occurred). If someone that successful can make major changes, so can Mario. He badly needs to evolve based on:

(i) our RB room looks to be severely depleted;
(ii) our OL opened almost no holes against mighty MTSU;
(iii) we badly need an offense that will appeal to WR recruits to get out of this situation long term;
(iv) our record is poor at this point & we'll need to score at least 30 points per game to even be competitive in ACC play (likely a lot more than that against UNC); and
(v) Jake Garcia is our best offensive weapon.

Mario will have more options in future years for implementing his preferred offense, if he manages to keep his recruiting classes in tact. We'd all love to have a dynamic run game with serious road graders clearing the way. That's 2-3 years out (if he adapts & starts winning games now). In the interim, you've got to play your best hand and after the injuries yesterday and woeful rushing attack, you'd have to say that's passing the ball (with Jake leading the charge).

I had a good idea what this trash was after S Miss and I was positive after AM. That’s why I went scorched earth.
Pretty much my exact thoughts. After watching the Southern Miss game i knew i was in for a LONG trip to College Station and they didnt disappoint😐. As bad as i hate to say it, this feels no different than Golden or Diaz. ...maybe even worse.

I truly don’t believe he got the oc he wanted if even if the style he wanted matched who wound up getting. Gattis came free in that window but wasn’t expected to leave mich
Do you think whoever else he was targeting would have had more success in this general style? Or would it still have been plodding bro ball?

Advertisement
LOL. Reddit thread ripping us had a commenter from Pedo st. rename us the Miami Party Cloudies.

I hardened up a bit:

Miami Party Clouds

That is all. It's who we are.

I truly don’t believe he got the oc he wanted if even if the style he wanted matched who wound up getting. Gattis came free in that window but wasn’t expected to leave mich
The strange thing about it is that the guys we were targeting (or said to be targeting) run systems that are pretty different from Gattis. Brady, Candle, Briles, even Rees.

I feel like Mario settled on Gattis because he was available and thought he could bring the “Bama offense” circa 2018 here.

The names that were being talked about in January give me hope that Mario isn’t married to this “system”, if you could even call it that.

What is Zo’s role in all this? What does he have the power to do, suggest, pressure Mario to do?
Is Zo pro bro style too or does he at least understand how dumb Mario is regarding the offense? Is there a single person that can get through to cro-magnon man?

Advertisement
Somebodies feelings are hurt I see. I know that when Cribby speaks about X and O with football to scroll past it. I'll leave it at that because I don't want to get banned.
Dude gets hurt in the feels real quick. When wrong he's a ghost...

Coordinators usually don’t save coaches. Lashlee couldn’t save manny. There’s many examples.
That’s because most bad coaches can’t hit better than 50% on the coordinators they do hire before they fail. They hire at least one too many bums.

Manny had to fire both of his original coordinators but only hit on one of the replacements. He got Lashlee, but made himself DC again and failed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
i can't take these 13 play drives that require us to convert on three consecutive third downs all to get 0 or 3 points

in sports you have to get easy quick scores. fast breaks in basketball, HR in baseball, breakaways in hockey.

if every score has to be some arduous process where if one thing goes wrong you don't score then you lose

we had over 80 plays and not even 400 yards. I mean.... that says it all

Two straight games we dominated time of possession! Isn’t that what some of you guys wanted?

The most worthless stat that only people who still want to play in the 1980’s care about.

The good news is this **** show won’t be around for more than a year.

TOP in modern day football is the very definition of 'empty calories'

Never has a booster been so important as John Ruiz. Mario needs to be like
jerry-beg.gif

He needs at least 25 mil of NIL money to get the best transfer WR, QB, DB, DE, and CB. Then needs to get Okunlele reeled in. Mario can worry about recruiting LBs, TEs, DTs, and RBs. Forget about straight up recruiting WRs and QBs, they aren't going to come redshirt in Gattis's offense and waste years before deciding to transfer.

Advertisement
Back