The one thing we do well

Advertisement
Roster is rotten and full of JAGs, cliques, soft dudes who don’t care. I’ll maintain that. It was mentioned by insiders yesterday.

15-20 players need to leave - and we need 28-30 in the 2023 class + Mel Tucker approach in the portal for bandaids.

With that being said, Mario needs to evolve offensively or we’re done for.
We’ve been hearing this since Coker was fired. I’m tired of the excuses. We had a huge talent advantage over MTSU. They lost to JMU 44 - 7. Mario is getting paid a lot of money to prepare this team and win football games. They came out flat and lost (badly) to an inferior team. That’s on the coaches.

Advertisement
The program is dead. I'll be surprised if Mario changes the philosophy he has had his entire career.

With the Columbus Cartel running the show, we're stuck with him for 5 years at least. And if/ when Mario fails, we'll go right back to being cheap again.

When our only hope is Mario miraculously changing who he is as a coach, you already know this program is nost likely dead.

We’ve been hearing this since Coker was fired. I’m tired of the excuses. We had a huge talent advantage over MTSU. They lost to JMU 44 - 7. Mario is getting paid a lot of money to prepare this team and win football games. They came out flat and lost (badly) to an inferior team. That’s on the coaches.
Don’t disagree at all, can’t lose to MTSU. but there’s also something wrong with these kids. We keep recruiting the same type of players, maybe that’s why Mario is going more national.

Let’s see how he responds.

Advertisement
I never was on his bandwagon dummy. Just because you say it’s true doesn’t meant it’s so. I can bump twenty posts where I’m ripping him. Rhett had his positives and negatives.

I also never said Flagg turned the corner this offseason , my exact words was “ I have bad news for the Flagg contingent“ , same with Ivey. I said the “staff loves both“. I mean you’re the same idiot that said and Shaq were the same guy. I’m on record saying Caleb and Keontra need his snaps. Unlike you I don’t need to bash the kids daily like a weirdo for two years.

Once again if lying is your strategy have at it. It just proves what we already knew with you.
Somebodies feelings are hurt I see. I know that when Cribby speaks about X and O with football to scroll past it. I'll leave it at that because I don't want to get banned.

Make excuses.

The last couple weeks I’ve heard coaches blaming the wr’s , It hasn’t been a secret going back to spring. Then we bench our qb and suddenly it starts leaking out that the wr’s didn’t like him and it’s been his fault. He’s made them look worse than what they are lol. I mean who wouldn’t want to be in this foxhole with this staff, players and fans? It’s all good until you hit rock bottom then we gotta find a scape goat.

We‘ve had fans sliding in to defend the honor of coaches who have suspect resumes when it comes to offense and developing qb’s. Quick to throw a kid under the bus as a “ jag” or “bum”. Fact is I said TVD didn’t look right during the Bcu game and the S Miss game. Constant patting of the ball and choppy feet is a giveaway. I also said this offense was a dramatic change from Rhett. It’s very complicated. Which makes no sense in 2022, when you only get so much time in the class room. **** even the NFL has gone the way of college offenses, making it easier for qb’s to adapt to the pro game. On top of that the game is heavily slanted to the offense.

Yesterday MTSU repeatedly outnumbered Miami in the box by one, two , sometimes three men yet we still ran right into the teeth of the defense. That’s the definition of insanity. We’d rather lose and make a point versus doing the alternative. This offense is fish in a barrel , MTSU had the gun.

I’ve said my piece on playing in space , how it makes the game easier for the qb’s, wr’s, Ol and even the Oc’s calling plays. It makes disguising harder for the defense, it spreads them thin. But we’re way past that argument now.

We’re at the point where Mario evolves like Saban offensively or keeps beating his head in the wall. He’s hard headed as F so I know which way I’m leaning. When you say In the presser “ they had us outnumbered most plays , but we couldn’t block them up“ tells you everything. He’s talking execution when they had a one or two body advantage. That’s just stupid and something a caveman would say. You ever heard of “ work smarter , not harder?

I‘ve said for awhile If they aren’t tailoring this O to Tvd’s skill set they need to just go to Garcia. This scheme is more fitting for him. Just like I did with King and TVD last year. It looks like we’ve gotten the answer on that. Sadly it took four games to come to that conclusion.

This staff is being paid too much to put that product on the field , there’s no excuses. Hopefully everyone is doing some self evaluation. Maybe spend more time doing that than throwing players and teammates under the bus. Only the people in the locker room can fix this. There’s only two ways this thing can go.

Saban was a DB guy, his entire life wasn't shaped by playing in the trenches. When he saw the ball control offense he was used to was making it more challenging to beat the Oklahomas and Clemsons he adapted. Mind you, it wasn't the case that Bama couldn't beat those teams with its run first offense, but it was just needlessly increasing the difficulty level.

Mario on the other hand is a meat head. Hes not going to see the problem on his own. The only hope is that one of the people he respects like JJ or Butch (****, maybe even Saban) pulls him aside and tells him, "You are going to permanently destroy your coaching career if you continue to think you already have all the answers."

It’s everyone’s fault. Gattis isn’t done great OC. He’s the exact style that Mario wants. A slow tempo offense trying break your will. That’s why the Mario hire definitely had its questions. He’s never been a good offensive mind and clearly he hasn’t changed his ways. He can build a program because he’s a fantastic recruiter but as far as winning championships(ACC/National), I don’t know if he’ll ever get to that consistency running this style of offense. ****, we’d be better off letting Ponce run his offense he had at App State.

Now the talent is there to demolish teams like MTSU, Southern Miss, etc. It’s not there to beat teams like Clemson. There’s just too many players on this team that either haven’t been developed or just never were any **** good(Ivey). Too many guys on this team that have been on losing or mediocre teams and are just used to it. A lot of them don’t have any heart. This **** has been the same for years now. Manny and Golden couldn’t fix it. Richt had it going in the right direction but never progressed his offense(another stubborn coach). TVD has lost all of his confidence in this offense. He needs an offense where he can get into a rhythm. He didn’t magically become some unplayable QB after winning ACC freshman of the year and being on pretty every mock drafts top 5 QBs. His receivers were clearly better last year as well. Even though Harley is on a PS and Rambo is unemployed, they’re way better than anything we have right now. Mallory is the same soft player he’s always been. OL has improved although it certainly didn’t look it yesterday, the first 3 games they played extremely well. That’s the one group I have confidence that Mario and Mirabel will have right and be in good hands. RBs too although the recruiting so far for this class is lacking any RBs so far.

The defense I don’t understand at all. They look like they’re the slowest defense I’ve ever seen which makes me think they’re thinking way too much. Regardless, MTSU had like 4 plays over 50+ yards yesterday. That’s absolutely pathetic. Flagg out there looking like he runs a 5.0 40 and Ivey about a 4.9 while MTSU looks like they got numerous players running 4.3. Players thinking too much, not playing hard, and definitely not taking their opponent serious. Teams a joke right now and I don’t think it gets much better in year 1. Just gotta a pray that Mario can recruit a top 10 class despite a mediocre record.

If you give Mario 3 years he'll build a team that is good enough to beat the bad teams, has a decent chance to beat equally talented teams, and get blowns out by high powered offenses. In other words, right about where Diaz had the team when he got fired.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Saban was a DB guy, his entire life wasn't shaped by playing in the trenches. When he saw the ball control offense he was used to was making it more challenging to beat the Oklahomas and Clemsons he adapted. Mind you, it wasn't the case that Bama couldn't beat those teams with its run first offense, but it was just needlessly increasing the difficulty level.

Mario on the other hand is a meat head. Hes not going to see the problem on his own. The only hope is that one of the people he respects like JJ or Butch (****, maybe even Saban) pulls him aside and tells him, "You are going to permanently destroy your coaching career if you continue to think you already have all the answers."
I was thinking about this yesterday.

Anyone know of a OL-man turned HC that didn’t want a meathead offense? As a player you’ve been trained to beat and maul the man in front of you. Which makes sense. You can’t win football without controlling the LOS, either on offense or defense. Even in today’s CFB. Bama, UGA, Clemson, and OSU all have (or had) excellent OLs and/or DLs.

The difference is those HCs - Saban, Meyer, Day, Dabo, and Kirby weren‘t former OL. They understand the key to football is still the LOS. But, as skill players (DBs are skill players IMO) they also understand Xs/Os.

Maybe I‘m posting out my ****...it’s Sunday…

EDIT: Andy Reid is a former OL/OL coach. But later became a QB coach. He also started his career as a GA at BYU.

Last edited:
Imagine manny without lashlee. Holy ****

I think its a lock would have hired another spread O guy (i.e. a Willy Korn from Coastal Carolina) , and knowing he was down to his last chance, he would finally hire a respectable DC. We'd be a considerably better team than we are right now.

Advertisement
Back