The one thing we do well

Advertisement
I think he will because he idolizes Saban. (Please don’t attack @SWFLHurricane) he has his dream job and a 10 year deal. If you want my very honest opinion based on the tea leaves this was a throwaway year for him anyway.
Throw away in what sense? He came on too late and couldn’t get the staff or portal he ideally wanted and needed? This of course only works if he can hold the class together and finish it out strong.

It seems like as soon as Jeff came in the game the offense changed from a schematic standpoint. Like they went with a little more of downfield passing game keeping more with last year's offense because maybe Jeff has not had enough reps in the new offense. Am I wrong here? I'm no coach but I'm really good at common sense
Or they trust him to hit those passes.

Advertisement
It seems like as soon as Jeff came in the game the offense changed from a schematic standpoint. Like they went with a little more of downfield passing game keeping more with last year's offense because maybe Jeff has not had enough reps in the new offense. Am I wrong here? I'm no coach but I'm really good at common sense
Almost as if Gattis didn't trust TVD? just a thought

Advertisement
I hear this alot.

But it doesn't seem to account for the fact that other teams are doing that too. Unless you are leading the pack in portal, then you are likely just picking up other teams castoffs.
Most portal players are castoffs. Who would transfer if they are an established starter? Addison is an outlier. I can’t think of many others. The Bama WR from Ohio State I guess, but Ohio State had a very crowded elite WR room. And he transferred to Bama then-defending NC.

Caleb Williams and Mario Williams would still be at OU if Riley hadn‘t left for USC.

I disagree, this offense is full of imagination.

It imagines that 5 guys can push 8 men right away and take care of the line of scrimmage.
It imagines a QB who has started falling apart should just chuck and duck and be fine.
It imagines never calling a screen. Ever.

It imagines WR’s who can catch….the flu, not the ball. Because they can’t catch a ball.
It imagines you’ll like this and keep paying for tickets and attending games.

Its actually more of a nightmare, but….many of you will take it and keep coming back.

We were also told by other people that go to practice that TVD has mastered the offense. I remember reading it and cringing because it was such a bold claim

I don’t remember anyone saying he “mastered” the offense, but they raved over his ball placement.

We haven’t seen that.

Most portal players are castoffs. Who would transfer if they are an established starter? Addison is an outlier. I can’t think of many others. The Bama WR from Ohio State I guess, but Ohio State had a very crowded elite WR room. And he transferred to Bama then-defending NC.

Caleb Williams and Mario Williams would still be at OU if Riley hadn‘t left for USC.
Nope. Not any more.

Advertisement
It’s crazy how this program consistently pays coaches millions of dollars to make the game more difficult & complicated than it should be
The money part doesn't bother me. The making the game way more difficult & complicated than it should be part is likely spot on. If it's true that our WR are given five ways to run each route, that will never work here. Even NFL teams are simplifying their offenses and they have way more time to work with their players.

We've had issues scoring in the red zone. How many targets have Arroyo and Skinner had in the end zone (maybe one combined). Put a tall, talented pass catcher with a huge catch radius in to catch a jump ball against shorter DBs. Super simple. We have barely even tried this (four games in). Forget all the coach speak & discussion of route trees & jargon, just put a tall, talented, reliable pass catcher in to catch TDs against shorter players. To keep the D guessing, put Mallory & Arroyo in as TEs and line Skinner up wide. Score. We haven't done that...which is mind numbing.

Keep it simple.
Lose the check with me (for what, 200 yard outputs). Get some rhythm & flow to the offense.
Don't handcuff Jake. Let him make decisions.
We badly need to start showing an offense that will appeal to recruits.
Let it rip. It can go only go up from here. We have paralysis through analysis & check with me.

Name some other elite, or near-elite players who’ve transferred. I’m sure there are some, I just can’t name many.
Things are different now. WR Burton left UGA after winning the championship and transferred TO the team UGA just beat in the championship.

It’s not all about castoffs anymore. The list is long. But no, I’m not about to sit here and compile it for you. Lol.

Advertisement
Things are different now. WR Burton left UGA after winning the championship and transferred TO the team UGA just beat in the championship.

It’s not all about castoffs anymore. The list is long. But no, I’m not about to sit here and compile it for you. Lol.
I added my own list from 247.

Castoffs was the wrong word for me to use.

Throw away in what sense? He came on too late and couldn’t get the staff or portal he ideally wanted and needed? This of course only works if he can hold the class together and finish it out strong.
I truly don’t believe he got the oc he wanted if even if the style he wanted matched who wound up getting. Gattis came free in that window but wasn’t expected to leave mich

Advertisement
Back