The one thing we do well

Nothing but facts.

The most shocking thing about all of this to me has been the inability to make a good play call based on just numbers/defensive alignment Just randomness with no accounting for what’s going on out on the field.

We should have thrown deep every time they pressed and rpo’d them til they took that 7th man out of the box.

That dude is up in the booth. He should be seeing what’s going on way better. I was in wait and see mode, but what we have witnessed is indefensible. It’s hard to see him recovering from the stuff he is doing.

and this is Offensive Football 101 in the 21st century. That's the frustrating thing. There are many high school programs that do this routinely

Advertisement
Is Zo pro bro style too or does he at least understand how dumb Mario is regarding the offense? Is there a single person that can get through to cro-magnon man?
I heard him say on a podcast that he still believes run first offenses can win mentioned the Titans with henry i think

Advertisement
Advertisement
Two things have annoyed me to no end…

The constant in a phone booth formations we run out of… legit will motion people in and tighten everything up instead of spreading it out

Burning of critical 2nd half timeouts in ridiculous spots… like the Aggie game right after the **** halftime on the first drive like run the **** play… or MTSU at the start of the 4th quarter you’ve had all of the commercial break and field change to get the **** play down run the son of a beech

Seriously - did any of you say Butch wasn't a good gameday coach? :noidea:

He wasn't bad - to be sure, but he looks like a frikkin genius right now in that he got the right coaches, made his team one group of self starters, and got some of the very best players EVER.

The constant in a phone booth formations we run out of… legit will motion people in and tighten everything up instead of spreading it out

Burning of critical 2nd half timeouts in ridiculous spots… like the Aggie game right after the **** halftime on the first drive like run the **** play… or MTSU at the start of the 4th quarter you’ve had all of the commercial break and field change to get the **** play down run the son of a beech

Let's face it.

We really, really suck - we're even worser than last year.

At least Clappy was smart enough his first year to not undo every stinking element of our team . . .

Advertisement
I said this last week yet everyone wanted to put the blame on one group, when it’s obvious that its far more than just that. It’s everyone.
From what I've seen you have actually only been putting the blame on the coaches - particularly Gattis.

I get it we all disagree with the type of scheme we are running. But making it harder on the QB is exactly the person you want it to be harder on when the guy is supposed to be a 1st round talent. That's my issue. Great QBs step up. Just because its a more difficult offense doesn't mean he should be missing wide open WRs (by not throwing to them or just being inaccurate).

My opinion - Gattis has an average scheme. Nothing special. But it hasn't been nearly as bad as everyone on here wants to make it out to be. Especially during the A&M game when the scheme was working just fine for the most part. I'd say for sure Gattis was worse this game than A&M. The players - mainly QB and WR have been very very bad though. And defensively our CBs just got worked deep by MTSU.

I really thought I had a shot of seeing the Canes get another NC before the good Lord called me home.After watching this garbage for 4 weeks unless the Lord has me penciled in to live to 100 I don’t see it happening( and maybe that’s not long enough) unless a whooooole lot changes with this staff as far as how they plan on moving forward .

If Mario is going to allow Gattis to run this 1950’s offense then my Saturdays will be spent doing other things cause even with my blood pressure pills my heart won’t be able to handle the frustration I have with this offense and this team in general.

Oh well I went 30 years of frustration before we won anything and have gone 20 since we won anything so you’d think I’d be use to this.In a way our glory years kind of screwed things up cause it showed me we didn’t have to suck every year so I guess I should be thankful for what we did accomplish back then but I sure wish I could see it again…..but I’m not holding my breath with the way things look to be headed..

technically i think the one after half was a challenge. we didn't get charged a Time out. But it also was kind of a dumb *** challenge.

Advertisement
The one thing we do well...

Is let the BOT make hiring decisions based on personal connections instead of actual coaching ability. In the last 20 years maybe the only halfway legit search resulted in Al Golden, and even then the BOT wanted nothing to do with Butch Davis who I think would have taken the job without hesitation, and they ignored Leach, who was practically begging for the job. All the other HCs got jobs without any competition. Diaz was the favorite of a faction of the BOT and well connected. Of course, he was replaced by another guy favored by a different faction of the BOT. If Cristobal had for whatever reason decided to stay at Oregon, Manny Diaz would be the HC right now (and honestly, we'd likely have a better record and chance at winning the ACC coastal than we do with Mario right now). Not a chance in **** the BOT would have pulled the plug on Diaz even if Stoops and Kiffin were pleading for the job because they don't have the right friends in high places.

Make excuses.

The last couple weeks I’ve heard coaches blaming the wr’s , It hasn’t been a secret going back to spring. Then we bench our qb and suddenly it starts leaking out that the wr’s didn’t like him and it’s been his fault. He’s made them look worse than what they are lol. I mean who wouldn’t want to be in this foxhole with this staff, players and fans? It’s all good until you hit rock bottom then we gotta find a scape goat.

We‘ve had fans sliding in to defend the honor of coaches who have suspect resumes when it comes to offense and developing qb’s. Quick to throw a kid under the bus as a “ jag” or “bum”. Fact is I said TVD didn’t look right during the Bcu game and the S Miss game. Constant patting of the ball and choppy feet is a giveaway. I also said this offense was a dramatic change from Rhett. It’s very complicated. Which makes no sense in 2022, when you only get so much time in the class room. **** even the NFL has gone the way of college offenses, making it easier for qb’s to adapt to the pro game. On top of that the game is heavily slanted to the offense.

Yesterday MTSU repeatedly outnumbered Miami in the box by one, two , sometimes three men yet we still ran right into the teeth of the defense. That’s the definition of insanity. We’d rather lose and make a point versus doing the alternative. This offense is fish in a barrel , MTSU had the gun.

I’ve said my piece on playing in space , how it makes the game easier for the qb’s, wr’s, Ol and even the Oc’s calling plays. It makes disguising harder for the defense, it spreads them thin. But we’re way past that argument now.

We’re at the point where Mario evolves like Saban offensively or keeps beating his head in the wall. He’s hard headed as F so I know which way I’m leaning. When you say In the presser “ they had us outnumbered most plays , but we couldn’t block them up“ tells you everything. He’s talking execution when they had a one or two body advantage. That’s just stupid and something a caveman would say. You ever heard of “ work smarter , not harder?

I‘ve said for awhile If they aren’t tailoring this O to Tvd’s skill set they need to just go to Garcia. This scheme is more fitting for him. Just like I did with King and TVD last year. It looks like we’ve gotten the answer on that. Sadly it took four games to come to that conclusion.

This staff is being paid too much to put that product on the field , there’s no excuses. Hopefully everyone is doing some self evaluation. Maybe spend more time doing that than throwing players and teammates under the bus. Only the people in the locker room can fix this. There’s only two ways this thing can go.
I just don’t get it when he watches the tape for the top teams and see them spread the defense out and run a spread with uptempo with great success what goes on in his head. Old man doesn’t want to change syndrome?

Advertisement
Back