The one thing we do well

Cribby

All-American
Premium
Make excuses.

The last couple weeks I’ve heard coaches blaming the wr’s , It hasn’t been a secret going back to spring. Then we bench our qb and suddenly it starts leaking out that the wr’s didn’t like him and it’s been his fault. He’s made them look worse than what they are lol. I mean who wouldn’t want to be in this foxhole with this staff, players and fans? It’s all good until you hit rock bottom then we gotta find a scape goat.

We‘ve had fans sliding in to defend the honor of coaches who have suspect resumes when it comes to offense and developing qb’s. Quick to throw a kid under the bus as a “ jag” or “bum”. Fact is I said TVD didn’t look right during the Bcu game and the S Miss game. Constant patting of the ball and choppy feet is a giveaway. I also said this offense was a dramatic change from Rhett. It’s very complicated. Which makes no sense in 2022, when you only get so much time in the class room. **** even the NFL has gone the way of college offenses, making it easier for qb’s to adapt to the pro game. On top of that the game is heavily slanted to the offense.

Yesterday MTSU repeatedly outnumbered Miami in the box by one, two , sometimes three men yet we still ran right into the teeth of the defense. That’s the definition of insanity. We’d rather lose and make a point versus doing the alternative. This offense is fish in a barrel , MTSU had the gun.

I’ve said my piece on playing in space , how it makes the game easier for the qb’s, wr’s, Ol and even the Oc’s calling plays. It makes disguising harder for the defense, it spreads them thin. But we’re way past that argument now.

We’re at the point where Mario evolves like Saban offensively or keeps beating his head in the wall. He’s hard headed as F so I know which way I’m leaning. When you say In the presser “ they had us outnumbered most plays , but we couldn’t block them up“ tells you everything. He’s talking execution when they had a one or two body advantage. That’s just stupid and something a caveman would say. You ever heard of “ work smarter , not harder?

I‘ve said for awhile If they aren’t tailoring this O to Tvd’s skill set they need to just go to Garcia. This scheme is more fitting for him. Just like I did with King and TVD last year. It looks like we’ve gotten the answer on that. Sadly it took four games to come to that conclusion.

This staff is being paid too much to put that product on the field , there’s no excuses. Hopefully everyone is doing some self evaluation. Maybe spend more time doing that than throwing players and teammates under the bus. Only the people in the locker room can fix this. There’s only two ways this thing can go.

Advertisement
Anyone making an excuse for any part of the organization from Mario on down is ******* delusional. There is no part of whatever toxic culture we have or roster deficiencies we have that are an excuse for losing to a team like middle Tennessee State at home in year one of a rebuild for a school that just lost to James ******* Madison

Advertisement
It seems like as soon as Jeff came in the game the offense changed from a schematic standpoint. Like they went with a little more of downfield passing game keeping more with last year's offense because maybe Jeff has not had enough reps in the new offense. Am I wrong here? I'm no coach but I'm really good at common sense

It seems like as soon as Jeff came in the game the offense changed from a schematic standpoint. Like they went with a little more of downfield passing game keeping more with last year's offense because maybe Jeff has not had enough reps in the new offense. Am I wrong here? I'm no coach but I'm really good at common sense

They had no choice because of the score.

Advertisement
they do need to own up to the fact they keep trotting out kids like mallory, flagg, justice, and ivy. just let the freshman make the mistakes.
This. Now accountability whatsoever. But yeah Mario just needs time to fix the culture good enough running the team like that, so we can meat MTSU lol

I don’t have any answers but I do like that we’re already calling him Jeff Garcia instead of Jake.

They had no choice
Maybe they should start the games like they've have no choice. Then you can mix in runs off of that because you're not confined. Maybe try some 2-minute offense as it takes a lot of the processing away and let the kids just rip the football? All I know is this Midwest football offense, 14 play drive bull**** is not Miami

Advertisement
Maybe they should start the games like they've have no choice. Then you can mix in runs off of that because you're not confined. Maybe try some 2-minute offense as it takes a lot of the processing away and let the kids just rip the football? All I know is this Midwest football offense, 14 play drive bull**** is not Miami
The sad thing is we couldn’t even run tempo well at then end of AM. Players or the coaches knew how to react to the situation.

Unless you have an elite defense ala UGA, then you need to ride your offense in college football. College football is about offense and doing just enough on defense.

A pro-style run oriented offense is asking to make things hard on your team.

We all know Mario isn’t going to change. He thinks the players just need to play better. He isn’t thinking about how he can make it better for them.

Mario and his offensive philosophy are the reason I was against him. Who the fuccck are you to think you don’t have to change, even after watching Nick Saban have a come to Jesus moment about his offense smh

Advertisement
Roster is rotten and full of JAGs, cliques, soft dudes who don’t care. I’ll maintain that. It was mentioned by insiders yesterday.

15-20 players need to leave - and we need 28-30 in the 2023 class + Mel Tucker approach in the portal for bandaids.

With that being said, Mario needs to evolve offensively or we’re done for.

Last edited:
Make excuses.

The last couple weeks I’ve heard coaches blaming the wr’s , It hasn’t been a secret going back to spring. Then we bench our qb and suddenly it starts leaking out that the wr’s didn’t like him and it’s been his fault. He’s made them look worse than what they are lol. I mean who wouldn’t want to be in this foxhole with this staff, players and fans? It’s all good until you hit rock bottom then we gotta find a scape goat.

We‘ve had fans sliding in to defend the honor of coaches who have suspect resumes when it comes to offense and developing qb’s. Quick to throw a kid under the bus as a “ jag” or “bum”. Fact is I said TVD didn’t look right during the Bcu game and the S Miss game. Constant patting of the ball and choppy feet is a giveaway. I also said this offense was a dramatic change from Rhett. It’s very complicated. Which makes no sense in 2022, when you only get so much time in the class room. **** even the NFL has gone the way of college offenses, making it easier for qb’s to adapt to the pro game. On top of that the game is heavily slanted to the offense.

Yesterday MTSU repeatedly outnumbered Miami in the box by one, two , sometimes three men yet we still ran right into the teeth of the defense. That’s the definition of insanity. We’d rather lose and make a point versus doing the alternative. This offense is fish in a barrel , MTSU had the gun.

I’ve said my piece on playing in space , how it makes the game easier for the qb’s, wr’s, Ol and even the Oc’s calling plays. It makes disguising harder for the defense, it spreads them thin. But we’re way past that argument now.

We’re at the point where Mario evolves like Saban offensively or keeps beating his head in the wall. He’s hard headed as F so I know which way I’m leaning. When you say In the presser “ they had us outnumbered most plays , but we couldn’t block them up“ tells you everything. He’s talking execution when they had a one or two body advantage. That’s just stupid and something a caveman would say. You ever heard of “ work smarter , not harder?

I‘ve said for awhile If they aren’t tailoring this O to Tvd’s skill set they need to just go to Garcia. This scheme is more fitting for him. Just like I did with King and TVD last year. It looks like we’ve gotten the answer on that. Sadly it took four games to come to that conclusion.

This staff is being paid too much to put that product on the field , there’s no excuses. Hopefully everyone is doing some self evaluation. Maybe spend more time doing that than throwing players and teammates under the bus. Only the people in the locker room can fix this. There’s only two ways this thing can go.

analyst in the last two games iirc have said

does not look like tvd has free reign to change plays out of an obvious loaded box and
our designed wr routes take a looooong time to run too often, i.e., qb pressures and sacks become more likely and
our wr route tree is easily discerned

all of which seems to add up to gattis not being a qb-passing game friendly oc

were the art briles or joe brady rumors ever true and, if we struckout on them, did mario just revert back to his old ways in hiring gattis?
did mario flirt with changing his offense style before he chose not to?

Advertisement
Back