The one thing we do well

Advertisement
If he cares like he said he does, he needs to take a good look at himself and change this archaic philosophy. I ignored a lot of corching flags because I wanted it to work. Mario will be here for a long, long time. I’m tired at this point. Figure it out or shut the program down.

analyst in the last two games iirc have said

does not look like tvd has free reign to change plays out of an obvious loaded box and
our designed wr routes take a looooong time to run too often, i.e., qb pressures and sacks become more likely and
our wr route tree is easily discerned

all of which seems to add up to gattis not being a qb-passing game friendly oc

were the art briles or joe brady rumors ever true and, if we struckout on them, did mario just revert back to his old ways in hiring gattis?
did mario flirt with changing his offense style before he chose not to?
How can you get into a groove as a qb or skillet guy in a slow , plotting offense that takes 40 seconds to snap the ball? While you’re looking to the sideline for 20 seconds lol.

The offensive scheme is the biggest issue, without a doubt.

15 play 7 minute drives aint it. It makes the margin of error in a game so low. Especially when you aren't a good redzone team.

All of football knows are identity already. MTSU sold out on the run everytime and we stupidly went straight at it.

You know how easy and effective a PA pass to the TE on those short yardage plays are? Automatic conversion (we did that ONCE). Or a wheel route to Knighton or Parrish.

Personally decisions, having Mallory block at this point is stupidity. He isn't going to do it. He's a liability.

The first interception TVD threw, look at the formation. All bunched up no space. Look at the route, no space. Trash formation and difficult spacing slowing down decision making.

Back to trash coaching. MTSU played 1v1 man on our recievers all day and were aggressive jumping routes. Why not throw them a few wr screens (maybe they break one tackle and gone)? But more importantly, it sets up a pump fake screen and go route.

This offensive identity makes it very hard to support. This was the main thing that scared me. Like I posted in the chat, now the question is....will he adapt? We've reached this question much sooner than it thought.

Roster is rotten and full of JAGs, cliques, soft dudes who don’t care. I’ll maintain that. 15-20 players need to leave - and we need 28-30 in the 2023 class + Mel Tucker approach in the portal for bandaids.

With that being said, Mario needs to evolve offensively or we’re done for.
Your IQ is in the double-digits if you believe that our roster is the reason we lost a game like MTSU.

Advertisement
Make excuses.

The last couple weeks I’ve heard coaches blaming the wr’s , It hasn’t been a secret going back to spring. Then we bench our qb and suddenly it starts leaking out that the wr’s didn’t like him and it’s been his fault. He’s made them look worse than what they are lol. I mean who wouldn’t want to be in this foxhole with this staff, players and fans? It’s all good until you hit rock bottom then we gotta find a scape goat.

We‘ve had fans sliding in to defend the honor of coaches who have suspect resumes when it comes to offense and developing qb’s. Quick to throw a kid under the bus as a “ jag” or “bum”. Fact is I said TVD didn’t look right during the Bcu game and the S Miss game. Constant patting of the ball and choppy feet is a giveaway. I also said this offense was a dramatic change from Rhett. It’s very complicated. Which makes no sense in 2022, when you only get so much time in the class room. **** even the NFL has gone the way of college offenses, making it easier for qb’s to adapt to the pro game. On top of that the game is heavily slanted to the offense.

Yesterday MTSU repeatedly outnumbered Miami in the box by one, two , sometimes three men yet we still ran right into the teeth of the defense. That’s the definition of insanity. We’d rather lose and make a point versus doing the alternative. This offense is fish in a barrel , MTSU had the gun.

I’ve said my piece on playing in space , how it makes the game easier for the qb’s, wr’s, Ol and even the Oc’s calling plays. It makes disguising harder for the defense, it spreads them thin. But we’re way past that argument now.

We’re at the point where Mario evolves like Saban offensively or keeps beating his head in the wall. He’s hard headed as F so I know which way I’m leaning. When you say In the presser “ they had us outnumbered most plays , but we couldn’t block them up“ tells you everything. He’s talking execution when they had a one or two body advantage. That’s just stupid and something a caveman would say. You ever heard of “ work smarter , not harder?

I‘ve said for awhile If they aren’t tailoring this O to Tvd’s skill set they need to just go to Garcia. This scheme is more fitting for him. Just like I did with King and TVD last year. It looks like we’ve gotten the answer on that. Sadly it took four games to come to that conclusion.

This staff is being paid too much to put that product on the field , there’s no excuses. Hopefully everyone is doing some self evaluation. Maybe spend more time doing that than throwing players and teammates under the bus. Only the people in the locker room can fix this. There’s only two ways this thing can go.

NO EXCUSES! Any dude making EXCUSES for that is a weak and simple man!

Your IQ is in the double-digits if you believe that our roster is the reason we lost a game like MTSU.
Absolutely not the reason we lost - that’s coaching. We were 26 point favorites ffs, and Vegas knows what our roster is.

Doesn’t take away from the fact that this roster has gigantic holes and dudes who have quit repeatedly over the years. You have double digit Brain cells if you can’t see both. It’s not one or the other.

implicit is that every coach - especially the hc - has to self-analyze and CHANGE what is not working including their philosophy

The next few years will hinge on whether Mario has the insight, wisdom and humility to admit that his O philosophy needs to be tweaked

also, why weren't we playing more off on #3 when it was obvious our cb could not run with him?

Advertisement
If he cares like he said he does, he needs to take a good look at himself and change this archaic philosophy. I ignored a lot of corching flags because I wanted it to work. Mario will be here for a long, long time. I’m tired at this point. Figure it out or shut the program down.
We just got boat raced by MTSU. If that doesn’t get his attention nothing will

Advertisement

15 play 7 minute drives aint it. It makes the margin of error in a game so low. Especially when you aren't a good redzone team.

All of football knows are identity already. MTSU sold out on the run everytime and we stupidly went straight at it.

You know how easy and effective a PA pass to the TE on those short yardage plays are? Automatic conversion (we did that ONCE). Or a wheel route to Knighton or Parrish.

Personally decisions, having Mallory block at this point is stupidity. He isn't going to do it. He's a liability.

The first interception TVD threw, look at the formation. All bunched up no space. Look at the route, no space. Trash formation and difficult spacing slowing down decision making.

Back to trash coaching. MTSU played 1v1 man on our recievers all day and were aggressive jumping routes. Why not throw them a few wr screens (maybe they break one tackle and gone)? But more importantly, it sets up a pump fake screen and go route.

This offensive identity makes it very hard to support. This was the main thing that scared me. Like I posted in the chat, now the question is....will he adapt? We've reached this question much sooner than it thought.
I had a good idea what this trash was after S Miss and I was positive after AM. That’s why I went scorched earth.

Exactly this. With them playing cover zero where were multiple double moves on the outside. All game they were jumping routes being over aggressive and I didn't see more than one or two attempts to pump fake and go deep

Advertisement

I’ve been saying since S. Miss that on short yardage (2nd & 3 or less, 3rd & 3 or less) the offense is so bunched up that even the safeties are coming up and outside run blitzing and getting a free shot at the running back and I’ve been screaming for the QB to pull the ball and pass out to the flat because they are outnumbered in the box.

The one time and only one time they did it was a long gain by Mallory in a pass from Jake. Everything else has been a Lashlee special into the wall.

UNC will tell us all we need to know about this team. We played well enough to beat A&M so it was easy to write it off as a flukey loss. Yesterdays goat **** made it abundantly clear the whole thing is broken. Scheme, personnel, effort level, execution. All of it is broken. And now players are dropping like flies. If Parrish goes down…..

We’ll either see wholesale changes, or we continue to bleed out slowly.

We’ll get our first clue if Mario doesn’t start Garcia and let it be known early this week.

i can't take these 13 play drives that require us to convert on three consecutive third downs all to get 0 or 3 points

in sports you have to get easy quick scores. fast breaks in basketball, HR in baseball, breakaways in hockey.

if every score has to be some arduous process where if one thing goes wrong you don't score then you lose

mario did finally say yesterday that tvd is struggling with the new scheme but they have to do a better job of finding things that will help him. And he said as a man and coach u should never blame the players.
I don’t know why it took this long. It was obvious the first two weeks. **** I posted they were having trouble with this offense in August.

Advertisement
Back