The one thing we do well

The offensive scheme is the biggest issue, without a doubt.

15 play 7 minute drives aint it. It makes the margin of error in a game so low. Especially when you aren't a good redzone team.

All of football knows are identity already. MTSU sold out on the run everytime and we stupidly went straight at it.

You know how easy and effective a PA pass to the TE on those short yardage plays are? Automatic conversion (we did that ONCE). Or a wheel route to Knighton or Parrish.

Personally decisions, having Mallory block at this point is stupidity. He isn't going to do it. He's a liability.

The first interception TVD threw, look at the formation. All bunched up no space. Look at the route, no space. Trash formation and difficult spacing slowing down decision making.

Back to trash coaching. MTSU played 1v1 man on our recievers all day and were aggressive jumping routes. Why not throw them a few wr screens (maybe they break one tackle and gone)? But more importantly, it sets up a pump fake screen and go route.

This offensive identity makes it very hard to support. This was the main thing that scared me. Like I posted in the chat, now the question is....will he adapt? We've reached this question much sooner than it thought.
Better sooner than later I guess. This shii sucks

Advertisement
For those thinking Mario will adapt, he is what he is - a coach who doggedly insists that ground and pound and pro style is the way to go. The sooner Mario tells gattis to scrap his offense or gtfo, the better we are off. And if Mario keeps gattis fornthe rest of the year and cans him in the off season, Mario will have a **** of a time finding an OC which means ponce will be OC
He has a reputation

Ed Reed GIF by Miami Hurricanes
You will NEVER see leadership and Accountability like that team again....

Advertisement
What I don’t understand is a run-first approach doesn’t have to mean a **** offense. Look at USC - Lincoln Riley doesn’t really go up-tempo. He did at times last night to get Caleb Williams into a groove (side note, that cat has some Spencer Rattler in him, he’s just ok), but for the most part it’s still an explosive offense that takes their time dissecting matchups.

It also features a heavy and dynamic rushing attack that at times, carries their offense. Mario would be smart to run something like that - physically imposing up front, but explosive in the passing game that opens up the run.

You also alluded to this before, but spreading out 3-4 WRs and having less guys in the box actually makes it easier to run the ball lol.
Riley runs a spread offense with tons of Rpo. His offense not only spreads you thin they‘re attacking you vertically and horizontally. He also has OL blocking as if it’s a run on pass plays and vice versa. He’s constantly putting pressure on every level of your defense. On top of that there’s eye candy being thrown around to make the defense more unsure of their assignment. He steals a touchdown or two every game just by eye manipulation.

Advertisement
I got his reputation....MFer needs to swallow that Pride, and do what's right to contend
I agree. The loss yesterday was inexcusable, but we’ve also got to step back and realize this is game 4 of this new regime. Gotta see how this team responds and how the year plays out. Realistically, coaching changes can only be made then, and these coaches should at least get the season to show if they can do it.

Advertisement
What I don’t understand is a run-first approach doesn’t have to mean a **** offense. Look at USC - Lincoln Riley doesn’t really go up-tempo. He did at times last night to get Caleb Williams into a groove (side note, that cat has some Spencer Rattler in him, he’s just ok), but for the most part it’s still an explosive offense that takes their time dissecting matchups.

It also features a heavy and dynamic rushing attack that at times, carries their offense. Mario would be smart to run something like that - physically imposing up front, but explosive in the passing game that eventually opens up the run.

You also alluded to this before, but spreading out 3-4 WRs and having less guys in the box actually makes it easier to run the ball lol. Not some shot gun formation 5 yds behind the LOS with 7 guys on the line screaming run.
You pass to run. It’s the only way it works. The funny thing about coach Riley is that he and Mario aren’t so different. They both want to win the time of possession battle and run the ball. Riley’s approach is far superior though

When you say In the presser “ they had us outnumbered most plays , but we couldn’t block them up“ tells you everything. He’s talking execution when they had a one or two body advantage. That’s just stupid and something a caveman would say. You ever heard of “ work smarter , not harder?
He actually said that?!!
He’s going to end up like Al Folden!!! Insane!

Advertisement
If you all truly believe the “no excuse argument,” thenstop watching. Seriously. What does unacceptable even mean to you? If you continue to watch and follow this team, then you have accepted this situation on some level. Walk away.
Chances are, there are people in your life tired of you being miserable all the time. Or getting excited because of what you see on the internet. Step away from the table. Turn off the TV and stop looking at your phone.

Advertisement
Back