The one thing we do well

Advertisement
Ed Reed GIF by Miami Hurricanes

It's 2022, you PASS to set up the run. Not vice versa. The amount of times we handed the ball off going into an 8 or 9 man front was mind boggling. You should as an offensive coord have something in your play book to exploit that. The amount of times we get to the line then stare at the sideline for 15 seconds is gross. Please stop doing that. And I am not asking to snap the ball every 6 seconds but my god move faster than a glacier. This is college football in 2022 and hello that was MIDDLE TENNESSEE ST BLUE RAIDERS.

Something much deeper is taking place here

Advertisement
I understand UM doesn’t have the best players, but they are good enough. With that being said, I’m done putting blame on the players. 100% of the blame will go to the coaches. The coaches are responsible for what is being put on the field and yesterday was absolutely pathetic. I’m tired of hearing fans saying Mario needs to get his recruits in or when Manny was the coach, it was he needs to get the Richt recruits out. Like **** that ****, once you decide to become a head coach every ******* player is your recruit whether you recruited him personally or not. Every player on that team is a Mario guy, he just hasn’t put his payers in position to succeed.

70, 8 (defense), 80, 83, 85, 2, 9 (offense), 51, and a few others have no business playing much less wearing a jersey for Miami. All those men have been major disappointments all season.

This staff is being paid too much to put that product on the field , there’s no excuses. Hopefully everyone is doing some self evaluation. Maybe spend more time doing that than throwing players and teammates under the bus. Only the people in the locker room can fix this. There’s only two ways this thing can go.
Hear, hear.

Although I'd say they should have been doing that deeper self-evaluation after Southern Miss. All the indicators are aligned to what we saw yesterday. Every single one.

Mind you, there will be more excuses. There shouldn't be. But, there will be and the narratives will be amazing to read and hear.

Advertisement
Advertisement
For those thinking Mario will adapt, he is what he is - a coach who doggedly insists that ground and pound and pro style is the way to go. The sooner Mario tells gattis to scrap his offense or gtfo, the better we are off. And if Mario keeps gattis fornthe rest of the year and cans him in the off season, Mario will have a **** of a time finding an OC which means ponce will be OC

Advertisement
Hear, hear.

Although I'd say they should have been doing that deeper self-evaluation after Southern Miss. All the indicators are aligned to what we saw yesterday. Every single one.

Mind you, there will be more excuses. There shouldn't be. But, there will be and the narratives will be amazing to read and hear.
This thread was made because of mostly the nonsense I’ve heard in private. Blame is going every which direction. It’s pathetic.

Anyone making an excuse for any part of the organization from Mario on down is ******* delusional. There is no part of whatever toxic culture we have or roster deficiencies we have that are an excuse for losing to a team like middle Tennessee State at home in year one of a rebuild for a school that just lost to James ******* Madison
James Madison is a very good football team James Madison won by 37 like they should have, we found a way to lose by 14

Last edited:
We just got boat raced by MTSU. If that doesn’t get his attention nothing will
What I don’t understand is a run-first approach doesn’t have to mean a **** offense. Look at USC - Lincoln Riley doesn’t really go up-tempo. He did at times last night to get Caleb Williams into a groove (side note, that cat has some Spencer Rattler in him, he’s just ok), but for the most part it’s still an explosive offense that takes their time dissecting matchups.

It also features a heavy and dynamic rushing attack that at times, carries their offense. Mario would be smart to run something like that - physically imposing up front, but explosive in the passing game that eventually opens up the run.

You also alluded to this before, but spreading out 3-4 WRs and having less guys in the box actually makes it easier to run the ball lol. Not some shot gun formation 5 yds behind the LOS with 7 guys on the line screaming run.

Hear, hear.

And we’ll get Susan asking if this means they’re working harder at practice instead of anything remotely useful to hold the coaches to account

Advertisement
Back