The one thing we do well

Advertisement
Everyone that has been calling for press man coverage needs to check in and take their medicine.

Everyone blabbing about LT56 snap count needs to check in.

Not only did we utterly **** the bed but are wrecked by injuries.

At least we’re looking good at P once Lou leaves.

I agree. The loss yesterday was inexcusable, but we’ve also got to step back and realize this is game 4 of this new regime. Gotta see how this team responds and how the year plays out. Realistically, coaching changes can only be made then, and these coaches should at least get the season to show if they can do it.
I have taken all of that into account...and if we would have had a collapse against lets say Clemson, I'd fully understand...but under no circumstances will I excuse what I saw yesterday, against a team we should have easily beaten by 21+ points...

I have taken all of that into account...and if we would have had a collapse against lets say Clemson, I'd fully understand...but under no circumstances will I excuse what I saw yesterday, against a team we should have easily beaten by 21+ points...
We should’ve beaten them by +21. If TVD didn’t play like Kirby Freeman in the first few drives, it probably would’ve been enough. This is on coaching and our players. Unfortunately, we’re a bad football team that can lose to anyone. We’re not even at the point where we can put away teams we should be. Everything will be a fight until we stack some talent and end this culture of mediocrity we’ve had for 18 years.

Advertisement
Roster is rotten and full of JAGs, cliques, soft dudes who don’t care. I’ll maintain that. 15-20 players need to leave - and we need 28-30 in the 2023 class + Mel Tucker approach in the portal for bandaids.

With that being said, Mario needs to evolve offensively or we’re done for.
We’ve already lost 32 kids from last year’s team.

What I don’t understand is a run-first approach doesn’t have to mean a **** offense. Look at USC - Lincoln Riley doesn’t really go up-tempo. He did at times last night to get Caleb Williams into a groove (side note, that cat has some Spencer Rattler in him, he’s just ok), but for the most part it’s still an explosive offense that takes their time dissecting matchups.

It also features a heavy and dynamic rushing attack that at times, carries their offense. Mario would be smart to run something like that - physically imposing up front, but explosive in the passing game that eventually opens up the run.

You also alluded to this before, but spreading out 3-4 WRs and having less guys in the box actually makes it easier to run the ball lol. Not some shot gun formation 5 yds behind the LOS with 7 guys on the line screaming run.

You mean like Bama does post Saban reinventing himself?

Advertisement
Didn't I hear the announcer say something like 'Miami has run 7 plays this drive and still hasn't crossed the 50 yard line' ?
I'd love to think that this is the coaching staff breaking the players all the way down so they can build them back up like they do you in military bootcamp.. but we all know that's not what's happening. I mean there's nothing to point at and say 'if we'd have done better here' as something to fix. **** was ALL broken. That wasn't even a struggle against an App. St. like last year. That was an outright *** kicking. I don't know how many different games I watched yesterday and NOBODY looked as bad as Miami did. Poor coaching, poor execution, and no ******* adjustments at all except for changing the qb 3 quarters after it should have been done. Now we got unc on tap and it's the only game I circle every year outside of fsu. The train is wobbling hard and it's either gonna get right or derail for me in two weeks. Four games into an all star staph and my face is ******* melting already.

It’s everyone’s fault. Gattis isn’t done great OC. He’s the exact style that Mario wants. A slow tempo offense trying break your will. That’s why the Mario hire definitely had its questions. He’s never been a good offensive mind and clearly he hasn’t changed his ways. He can build a program because he’s a fantastic recruiter but as far as winning championships(ACC/National), I don’t know if he’ll ever get to that consistency running this style of offense. ****, we’d be better off letting Ponce run his offense he had at App State.

Now the talent is there to demolish teams like MTSU, Southern Miss, etc. It’s not there to beat teams like Clemson. There’s just too many players on this team that either haven’t been developed or just never were any **** good(Ivey). Too many guys on this team that have been on losing or mediocre teams and are just used to it. A lot of them don’t have any heart. This **** has been the same for years now. Manny and Golden couldn’t fix it. Richt had it going in the right direction but never progressed his offense(another stubborn coach). TVD has lost all of his confidence in this offense. He needs an offense where he can get into a rhythm. He didn’t magically become some unplayable QB after winning ACC freshman of the year and being on pretty every mock drafts top 5 QBs. His receivers were clearly better last year as well. Even though Harley is on a PS and Rambo is unemployed, they’re way better than anything we have right now. Mallory is the same soft player he’s always been. OL has improved although it certainly didn’t look it yesterday, the first 3 games they played extremely well. That’s the one group I have confidence that Mario and Mirabel will have right and be in good hands. RBs too although the recruiting so far for this class is lacking any RBs so far.

The defense I don’t understand at all. They look like they’re the slowest defense I’ve ever seen which makes me think they’re thinking way too much. Regardless, MTSU had like 4 plays over 50+ yards yesterday. That’s absolutely pathetic. Flagg out there looking like he runs a 5.0 40 and Ivey about a 4.9 while MTSU looks like they got numerous players running 4.3. Players thinking too much, not playing hard, and definitely not taking their opponent serious. Teams a joke right now and I don’t think it gets much better in year 1. Just gotta a pray that Mario can recruit a top 10 class despite a mediocre record.

Last edited:
they do need to own up to the fact they keep trotting out kids like mallory, flagg, justice, and ivy. just let the freshman make the mistakes.
we say this w every staff. wait till so nd so kids get there. oh dont play the seniors. play the young kids. we actually did more of that last year once the season derailed and Manny had to save his job but now were blaming a lot of those same kids who cried to play more of. im done w that ****. this man is a CORCH. it wont take 100 games to figure it out. it took Manny what 7-8? to figure out that man will never be a competent HC?

Advertisement
Two straight games we dominated time of possession! Isn’t that what some of you guys wanted?

The most worthless stat that only people who still want to play in the 1980’s care about.

The good news is this **** show won’t be around for more than a year.

Didn't I hear the announcer say something like 'Miami has run 7 plays this drive and still hasn't crossed the 50 yard line' ?
I'd love to think that this is the coaching staff breaking the players all the way down so they can build them back up like they do you in military bootcamp.. but we all know that's not what's happening. I mean there's nothing to point at and say 'if we'd have done better here' as something to fix. **** was ALL broken. That wasn't even a struggle against an App. St. like last year. That was an outright *** kicking. I don't know how many different games I watched yesterday and NOBODY looked as bad as Miami did. Poor coaching, poor execution, and no ******* adjustments at all except for changing the qb 3 quarters after it should have been done. Now we got unc on tap and it's the only game I circle every year outside of fsu. The train is wobbling hard and it's either gonna get right or derail for me in two weeks. Four games into an all star staph and my face is ******* melting already.
wishful thinking. we have retards in the booth and on the sideline as coaches.

Two straight games we dominated time of possession! Isn’t that what some of you guys wanted?

The most worthless stat that only people who still want to play in the 1980’s care about.

The good news is this **** show won’t be around for more than a year.
no 3 and outs!

27 first downs!

fluke!

we dominated!

for the last time and im looking at all my negs - you can play a bend and dont break on us. we can't score on MTSU in the red zone competently even w Garcia back there.

Advertisement
This thread was made because of mostly the nonsense I’ve heard in private. Blame is going every which direction. It’s pathetic.
On that 4th goal where Jake threw to Mallory:

The right tackle down blocked to his left & dove low into the legs like a cut block, the running back kept running straight into the pile and the DE & LB had an unblocked run at Jake.

Who the **** coaches and schemes this play up??

1664118541004.jpeg

Advertisement
Back