The one thing we do well

Advertisement
The one thing we do well...

Is let the BOT make hiring decisions based on personal connections instead of actual coaching ability. In the last 20 years maybe the only halfway legit search resulted in Al Golden, and even then the BOT wanted nothing to do with Butch Davis who I think would have taken the job without hesitation, and they ignored Leach, who was practically begging for the job. All the other HCs got jobs without any competition. Diaz was the favorite of a faction of the BOT and well connected. Of course, he was replaced by another guy favored by a different faction of the BOT. If Cristobal had for whatever reason decided to stay at Oregon, Manny Diaz would be the HC right now (and honestly, we'd likely have a better record and chance at winning the ACC coastal than we do with Mario right now). Not a chance in **** the BOT would have pulled the plug on Diaz even if Stoops and Kiffin were pleading for the job because they don't have the right friends in high places.
Bro the mistake was hiring the AD after the HC lmao

mario did finally say yesterday that tvd is struggling with the new scheme but they have to do a better job of finding things that will help him. And he said as a man and coach u should never blame the players.
He said that last week.

Advertisement
I need a Miami Offense segment on College Gameday this Saturday…

38BB02F1-1250-4999-8BC1-50194B575F45.jpeg

It’s so slow by the time we check the dc has checked too lol
Not sure if its been asked already, but is it so slow because Gattis is that slow or is it because too many people are having a say in what is getting called?

Advertisement
I had a good idea what this trash was after S Miss and I was positive after AM. That’s why I went scorched earth.
Actually, you were in wait and see mode after southern miss. When I tried to tell you that this was what we should expect all season from gattis, you argued you expect more against real teams based on his time at Michigan. But carry on…

08F37668-29CE-4ED2-923F-5B6F97528E6E.png

D8530D98-A6A0-4C77-A182-D3B9F6787E89.png

Actually, you were in wait and see mode after southern miss. When I tried to tell you that this was what we should expect all season from gattis, you argued you expect more based on his time at Michigan. But carry on…

View attachment 209662

View attachment 209664
I had some negative comments after S Miss but I wanted to wait to a real opponent before shredding him. When I saw the exact same crap against A&M I knew the deal. Like I said in the post you copied “ if this is the offense we’ll use against big boys we’re f’d”. You won’t find me in one of the Gattis threads saying I liked the hire , because I was skeptical like @Liberty City El. But I always try to wait to see the product before judging.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I had some negative comments after S Miss but I wanted to wait to a real opponent before shredding him. When I saw the exact same crap against A&M I knew the deal. Like I said in the post you copied “ if this is the offense we’ll use against big boys we’re f’d”. You won’t find me in one of the Gattis threads saying I liked the hire , because I was skeptical like @Liberty City El. But I always try to wait to see the product before judging.
You were right in a sense though; I went back and watched Michigan games from last season. There’s a bunch more creativity even if it’s some of the same concepts.

I’m not sure what the heck is going on here, but it’s clear as day something has to change.

Advertisement
You guys who are out there looking for a @Cribby ”gotcha” moment need to find more productive uses of your time.
He thought he got me but here’s a link where I’m having issues with Gattis and that’s before Texas AM. Hoops and myself have multiple posts on the subject.

9D540253-891A-440A-9855-7F0A65D31DB8.png

I just don’t get it when he watches the tape for the top teams and see them spread the defense out and run a spread with uptempo with great success what goes on in his head. Old man doesn’t want to change syndrome?
My guess is coaches like this convince themselves that there's a formula championship teams follow: dominant defense and strong run game.

When you look at the previous champions, defense was certainly something you'd see across the board. Some elite defenses. Some solid defenses. But rarely a dog **** defense. I don't think you'll see any championship level coach say they don't want a dominant defense.

I think where they may differ is on the offensive side of the ball. Mario and co believe you need a dominant run game to open up the pass. I think where the true elite offensive minds skew towards is that a strong passing game will open up the run.

It took Saban a while to get there but he eventually got there. We just have to hop Mario does as well.

Advertisement
Back