The one thing we do well

This was pretty easy info for me to obtain.. so it makes me really wonder if Mario really just was out of options
If this is actually true, man, we may just be effed. How can Mario not be able to attract a top notch OC with a $1.5M+ check to write. That seems almost impossible to think about unless he just has such a terrible reputation.

Advertisement
How can you get into a groove as a qb or skillet guy in a slow , plotting offense that takes 40 seconds to snap the ball? While you’re looking to the sideline for 20 seconds lol.
That’s the worst part of it for me.
I probably yelled LFG!! 25 or 30 times on Saturday

1664217634479.png

For those thinking Mario will adapt, he is what he is - a coach who doggedly insists that ground and pound and pro style is the way to go. The sooner Mario tells gattis to scrap his offense or gtfo, the better we are off. And if Mario keeps gattis fornthe rest of the year and cans him in the off season, Mario will have a **** of a time finding an OC which means ponce will be OC

The offense really just needs a wrinkle in the pass game that gives the QB an easy outlet under pressure. That alone would turn this entire thing around over night.

It's the biggest issue

Advertisement
Manny fired Enos after 1 year. I’m hoping Mario will do the same. It’s a shame because I love the run scheme and the physicality of the OL the first 3 games. But the passing scheme is just not it. There plenty of OC’s out there that run spread with power run concepts too right?
Yes…isn’t that what Bama and Ohio State run? They don’t run a pure Air Raid. They also have far better talent.

Manny fired Enos after 1 year. I’m hoping Mario will do the same. It’s a shame because I love the run scheme and the physicality of the OL the first 3 games. But the passing scheme is just not it. There plenty of OC’s out there that run spread with power run concepts too right?
I'm not sure what yall expect Gattis to do when his qb is struggling this bad. There are guys open, so that tells me that the plays are working. Tvd just can't play in an offense where he has to actually read the defense.

I was thinking about this yesterday.

Anyone know of a OL-man turned HC that didn’t want a meathead offense? As a player you’ve been trained to beat and maul the man in front of you. Which makes sense. You can’t win football without controlling the LOS, either on offense or defense. Even in today’s CFB. Bama, UGA, Clemson, and OSU all have (or had) excellent OLs and/or DLs.

The difference is those HCs - Saban, Meyer, Day, Dabo, and Kirby weren‘t former OL. They understand the key to football is still the LOS. But, as skill players (DBs are skill players IMO) they also understand Xs/Os.

Maybe I‘m posting out my ****...it’s Sunday…

EDIT: Andy Reid is a former OL/OL coach. But later became a QB coach. He also started his career as a GA at BYU.
Pittman at Arkansas

Advertisement
Advertisement
People keep acting like two things can’t be true.

A) We easily could have beat A&M with Gattis scheme if our WRs weren’t dog **** and TVD can make an accurate pass. And I’m sorry idgaf what scheme we have, MTSU should be an easy win. I seriously think ppl blaming the scheme are just over thinking things a little.

B) Gattis scheme is not good. It’s average at best. But people are acting surprised with the general offensive philosophy we are using, which is crazy to me. We all knew this is what the offense was going to be. I expected basically this. What I didn’t expect is this **** execution. That’s not to say I want this offense. But I’m just not gunna be surprised Mario isn’t going to the type of offense everybody wants. Like it’s just setting yourself up for failure. But who knows maybe this complete offensive collapse will push Mario to change next year?

This was pretty easy info for me to obtain.. so it makes me really wonder if Mario really just was out of options
You're never out of options when you're paying what we paid. He would have had a ton of options. Worst case he could have hired a G5 coordinator who lights up scoreboards

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back