The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I've been out of the loop so please forgive me if I missed something.

But why would Candle take the job this year when he didn't take it last year?

Rumors are that Mario had to "settle" for Gattis last year after not getting any of his first few choices. After what happened with Gattis (going from Broyles award winner to fired in less than a year) why would another high profile OC take the job?

I'd be asking if the guy was so good to win the Broyles why hasn't he found a job yet? Then I'd think to myself maybe the issue was him and not Mario or the program?

Savage haha

I wanted to get a group together and head to the Clemson game but after MTSU I’m like whelp, we can still get together but we aren’t going to the ******* game
Karma came full circle though, as he offered me $350 each for my two tickets for Noles game. I said no way…. Let’s just say he got the last laugh 🤣

If he hires Candle I'm out for 30 days. Solid hire.
If I had to bet that’s where I would put my money and I agree. Not to oversell it but it would also highlight the entire process since Candle turned us down last year and signed an extension, but if that was Mario’s guy all along and he goes and gets him, I think it just speaks well to how the admin is working in general

Maybe that’s reading into it too much or I’m not explaining it very well but it would be a strong move

Advertisement
This is dramatic
Jack Black Yes GIF

Rumors are that Mario had to "settle" for Gattis last year after not getting any of his first few choices. After what happened with Gattis (going from Broyles award winner to fired in less than a year) why would another high profile OC take the job?
Candles extension this year, under a new AD, was less than flattering. After betting on himself as a HC and trusting that Toledo would appreciate him, he may decide higher pay and exposure, and Miami as a stepping stone to a better HC job in the future is a good move..which it would be.

As for Gattis failing of his own doing being a reason other high profile candidates wouldnt take the Miami job is just silly. If they have faith in their own abilities, the fact that Gattis fell flat on his face isnt going to deter them.

Last edited:

This is purely speculation but maybe after last season’s debacle, Mario has decided to give his OC more control instead of demanding a certain style of play. It’s pretty much accepted that Mario can be a tough coach to work under because he can be overly demanding. Small change in personal philosophy might re-open the doors that were previously closed.

Advertisement
I spent way too much per diem down on Gov't St. in Ocean Springs last fall. I'll be in Ft. Walton Beach starting next weekend for a while, need to find a good spot down there to do the same.
FWB -That's my hood. I'd suggest Dewey Destins for fresh catch. Plenty of great spots little further east in my work area - 30A - HMU if you want any spots. Shunk Gulley on the beach is good in 30A. Avoid the Beachfront restaurants in FWB and Destin Proper.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back