The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have yet to see a so called “air-raid” do this in a NC. They can’t win the TOP battle against the big boys because if they strike out quick it’s over.
air raid and up tempo are two different things. one is scheme and the other is philosophy. TCU and USC ran the 2022 version of the same power spread that Tom Hermam won a Natty with in 2014. inside zone, power o run game.

Advertisement
It’s what he was at oregon also. What makes you think he is willing to change now?
I don’t know that he will but we’ll find out real soon when an OC is named and then I’ll have facts to tar and feather or praise.

As I see it, if all he can get in his list of candidates is Arroyo then aside from the obvious problems with that, it also means he’s unwilling to adapt and go in a different direction than he’s been going as to offense because there are guys who’ve been raised on this board who are at lower level conferences who run quality offenses, some of whom I’d think would relish the opportunity.

First of all - grab a Snickers. You’re on edge and I get it. This is frustrating. A little attempt at levity. The truth is that he’s in this for the long haul with the university and so are we. People insinuating this is do or die hire time are foolish. Mario won’t face major heat until 2026-27 in my opinion. With that said, the things we love about institutional buy in and alignment are also going to be frustration points. He’s the BIL of one of our biggest donors and a lot of this infrastructure is his brain child. That means, for better or worse, we are going to have to tolerate some of these processes and decisions. Maybe multiple times.
Your prior post insinuates that you’ve given up on Mario already and that there is no hope for ten years; I think if anyone needs a snickers, it might be you. Relax and wait til he makes a hire. If it’s Arroyo or anyone that resembles an OC fit for 200 B.C., I’ll be right there with you.

If last season can’t wake him up, not much more will.

ezgif-5-a016638f87.gif

I don’t know that he will but we’ll find out real soon when an OC is named and then I’ll have facts to tar and feather or praise.

As I see it, if all he can get in his list of candidates is Arroyo then aside from the obvious problems with that, it also means he’s unwilling to adapt and go in a different direction than he’s been going as to offense because there are guys who’ve been raised at lower level conferences who run quality offenses, some of whom I’d think would relish the opportunity.
Im a seeing is believing type guy. Mario has been the same every year at oregon and his first year at miami. There is nothing to show that he adapts. Ive said all year he has to adapt or fail miserably at miami.

Weve seen lists of guys we talked to last year and we still ended up with gattis. Why? My guess and i have no way of actually knowing, is that mario demands a certain offense and some coaches arent cool with that.

Advertisement
Why would Miami tell the receivers that Brian Hartline was also recruiting that Brian Hartline was going to be the OC? Wouldn't you assume they'd just go ask Hartline themselves if that's true?

That whole thing doesn't make any sense.

Disorganized and desperate are starting to creep in on Mario and his hiring practices

Question: Why is Arroyo so bad? His offense at Oregon had nice results.
When Arroyo wasn’t at Oregon (scoring offense)…

San Jose St co-OC
2007 - 103
2008 - 106
Wyoming OC
2009 - 110
2010 - 107
Southern Miss OC
2013 - 119
UNLV HC
2020 - 120
2021 - 112
2022 - 76

His results at Oregon weren't terrible but he had Herbert and a monster OL and they still found themselves in death struggles with inferior teams. Oregon fans dubbed his offense "the plodding pistol".

Advertisement
Why would Miami tell the receivers that Brian Hartline was also recruiting that Brian Hartline was going to be the OC? Wouldn't you assume they'd just go ask Hartline themselves if that's true?

Because it is so clearly not true and the fact that people just take it and run with it shows where critical thinking is in our country.

When Arroyo wasn’t at Oregon (scoring offense)…

San Jose St co-OC
2007 - 103
2008 - 106
Wyoming OC
2009 - 110
2010 - 107
Southern Miss OC
2013 - 119
UNLV HC
2020 - 120
2021 - 112
2022 - 76

His results at Oregon weren't terrible but he had Herbert and a monster OL and they still found themselves in death struggles with inferior teams. Oregon fans dubbed his offense "the plodding pistol".
Well atleast he consistently

Keep It 100 The Kid Mero GIF by Desus & Mero

We also would have heard about it before. Not sure why something like that would stay under wraps

Advertisement
The "Oh-God-it's-going-to-be-Arroyo" folks are starting to equal the "Gattis-will-not-get-fired" folks. If Mario wanted Arroyo, chances are it would have already happened. IIRC, @Cane6 indicated that Mario reached out to both Hartline and Riley. If he wanted something easy, Arroyo would have been the pick weeks ago. Clearly Mario has his sights elsewhere. With each passing day, Arroyo likely becomes less and less likely. Not sure why everyone is spending so many keystrokes going on and on about how terrible Arroyo is.

/famous last words right?

The "Oh-God-it's-going-to-be-Arroyo" folks are starting to equal the "Gattis-will-not-get-fired" folks. If Mario wanted Arroyo, chances are it would have already happened. IIRC, @Cane6 indicated that Mario reached out to both Hartline and Riley. If he wanted something easy, Arroyo would have been the pick weeks ago. Clearly Mario has his sights elsewhere. With each passing day, Arroyo likely becomes less and less likely. Not sure why everyone is spending so many keystrokes going on and on about how terrible Arroyo is.

Cuz there’s not much else to talk **** about? Mario should toss the crowd a crumb or two, getting restless ova here!

Advertisement

mario settled on gattis because he was number 85412486 on the list. maybe Arroyo is this year's Gattis?

Like clockwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back