The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, Not to reiterate, I like Mario, and wish him nothing but success here. His recruiting is outstanding, but his hiring process is maddening. This is borderline comical. If after all this waiting, we're left with the likes of Arroyo or less, I'll watch next yrs games from home. How in the World can anyone support this type of a process??...
Facts homie. Like you i want mario to succeed. His recruiting is outstanding.

Everything else has sucked so far.

Advertisement
pink floyd art GIF by hoppip

Advertisement
Honestly I'm more concerned about the tempo Mario wants to play at more than Power spread
This. Gattis had zero clue how to get a QB in rhythm and how to piece a drive together.

It’s obvious TVD needs quick hitters/single reads to get him cooking. If the new OC doesn’t have a history of doing that for his QBs then it’s going to be a repeat of last year

The type of offense literally has no impact on how well your defense is playing.

Not true at all. Look at the Big 12 lol. Everyone runs a version of the air raid

The issue with running a finesse type of offense is that you practice against that offense everyday. So, when you play a team that focuses on physicality, it ends up being a long day.

If Brian Griese doesn't take an OC job Mario should give him a call. Just go all in on this Christopher Columbus thing. CC Mas brothers funding a football program with a CC head coach, CC general manager, and a CC OC.

Advertisement
Riley runs an air raid at USC? Thats news to me. He was always a power spread guy.

Idc what you call an offense, just give me the offense that doesn't constantly motion in WRs to the LOS to act as offensive lineman, and an offense that doesn't stand there looking back at their dumbass OC for 45 seconds when they're down by 30, and an offense that has routes for WRs where they aren't all in the same location.

Let's call that the non-dumbass offense. Give me the Non-dumbass offense Mario.
💯

I was asking because i have read the last 20 or so pages. Nothing new has come out.

I saw some post where it said ruiz liked arroyo and that mario wasnt changing offensive philosophy. Maybe that post was wrong or fake. I have no idea.
I don’t know. I can’t survive Arroyo here on this board. That’s just about as bad a pick as he can make with what we’ve seen and the resources he has. I don’t want to assume that nightmare and there’s no way that’s his preferred choice. If by chance that’s who we get then it’s by default as others turned down the job and that’s a problem too.

Advertisement
Again, Not to reiterate, I like Mario, and wish him nothing but success here. His recruiting is outstanding, but his hiring process is maddening. This is borderline comical. If after all this waiting, we're left with the likes of Arroyo or less, I'll watch next yrs games from home. How in the World can anyone support this type of a process??...
I personally think he’s trying too hard. And I don’t mean that to slurp the guy, but that all this concern over getting everything perfect and micromanaging every detail can lead to negative effects both within the program and its perception nationally.

I’m not concerned whatsoever about the timeline right now or the fact we haven’t already hired an OC. I mean Gattis was officially let go Friday, it’s been 3 days. I just hope he makes the right hire in the end, that’s all. If it ends up being Arroyo, it’s because we struck out on **** near double digit candidates, that I know for a fact.

We should hold a bet with a cash prize or some memorabilia, I'll donate to it. How many pages does this thread get to before a OC is hired?

I don’t know. I can’t survive Arroyo here on this board. That’s just about as bad a pick as he can make with what we’ve seen and the resources he has. I don’t want to assume that nightmare and there’s no way that’s his preferred choice. If by chance that’s who we get then it’s by default as others turned down the job and that’s a problem too.
Tommy Rees says
Watch This Hold Up GIF by Apple TV+

Advertisement
Good news is that it’s only day 421 of a 10 year contract. That means only *checks math* 3,231 days left for him to figure it out

😑😑

But if you're trying to make your new OC who's never called plays look more desirable and humiliate a recruiting threat in the heart of Receiver country, you add nuance to the truth.

Truth.

Other schools have local media who do their bidding. Miami has local media dip****s who write articles about who is riding stationary bikes during practice.

“Balance” on offense is dumb, if balance means equal parts run and pass.

You need to be really good at one thing. And capable of attacking the defense’s weakness when it tries to take that thing away.

That is probably the biggest weakness of Leach’s Air Raid when he ran it.

Putting aside the talent disadvantage he constantly played with that does excuse a lot of it. Leach struggled being able to attack the exposed weaknesses of the defense when it went leveraged itself to stop the some of his passing concepts.

It’s probably the best thing Riley has done with it. He’s added power concepts that allow him to attack the expose weaknesses of the defense.

And it’s really what has made the Veer and Shoot the best offense in college football.

Briles didn’t care about balance at all. His offense was all about creating space and forcing you to choose. If you choose to stack the box, the Veer and Shoot is prepared to pass the ball every single down.
If you choose to leverage your defense out of the box and try to help your DBs in space, Briles was prepared to run the football every single down.

It has nothing to do with “balance.” It’s spacing and forcing the defense to choose its instrument of death.

That’s the ideal offense at Miami. Pace and Space and being capable of doing whatever the defense is daring it to do. And a small playbook with a few plays, so it can easily be grasped and repeated over roster turnover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back