The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
How would you guys feel about Andy Ludwig? @Memnon @Cane6 @CaneTheGaytors @RVACane @TRick72 @Rellyrell ............ And anyone else who wants to chime in. Obviously the guy has been the OC at Utah for the last 4 years and from what I've seen of Utah the guy is a good coach but it's that Mario style. Personally it's not my type of style but if Mario is dead set on running that then you may as well bring in someone like Ludwig who excels at it.
Great coach, would be at the top of my list. I just don’t think he would be very interested in leaving where’s he at for a lateral move.

Air raid=up tempo, shorter TOP. How is that beneficial to the defense? I'm not saying it's not the move, but to say those two aren't congruent is probably inaccurate.
Texas was 120th in TOP and their defense ranked 11th in DFEI. Iowa was ranked 108th and their defense ranked 2nd.

USC is ranked 21st in TOP and their defense ranked 107th. Duke was 8th in TOP and ranked 62nd.

The notion that an Air Raid-offense creates a terrible defense is a myth.

About Time GIF

Joe Biden Yes GIF by The Democrats
Back Off Finger GIF

Advertisement
Quite honestly it’s an unprovable factor either way.
Exactly, because there is no correlation whatsoever.

In fact, TOP is not necessarily driven by the type of offense you're running. Its driven by yards per play, amount of converted third downs and whether you have a big lead at the end of a football game and you simply run clock.

I agree except it’s the reporter saying it not a random poster
It's a reporter repeating secondhand information. It could be as benign as recruits asking who the next OC will be and Miami saying we've already approached Brian Hartline and he seemed receptive. By the time the OSU reporter repeats it, we claimed to be hiring someone who would never dream of leaving OSU.

Many (most) other teams sports reporters don't hate their school the way many of ours do.

McCarthy needed a scapegoat to buy himself another year. Dallas, fans and Jerry included, are delusional if they "expect" that team to win Super Bowls. But they do seem to expect it, and McCarthy will be fired if they don't at least get to the game next season.

Good on the Chargers for scopping Moore up. I know I'm pretty happy about it (as a Herbert owner in dynasty).
They will never win anything with Dak

Advertisement
Exactly, because there is no correlation whatsoever.

In fact, TOP is not necessarily driven by the type of offense you're running. Its driven by yards per play, amount of converted third downs and whether you have a big lead at the end of a football game and you simply run clock.
I still have yet to see a so called “air-raid” do this in a NC. They can’t win the TOP battle against the big boys because if they strike out quick it’s over.

Advertisement
Idk why this board has all just jumped on the side of power spread is bad or is a prehistoric offense…power spread still calls for 3 WRs on the field and Qb is in the shotgun…a lot of football is using this sort of offense..

give me someone who knows how to call plays, how to put our athletes in position to do what they do best, how to attack the defense and take advantage of their weaknesses, get creative in the redzone and third down…this is really the problem with what we seen with Gattis

Look I dont want to be one of "those guys" but for all the rumors that Gattis has been secretly fired for over a month now (maybe longer)..not sure why we didnt already have someone in the tuck ready to go..so while we were giving Gattis the courtesy of trying to find a landing spot..WTF were we doing??

Advertisement
I am 100% convinced that @San Amaro Dr @Fatboycane and myself could score 24 pts in college football lol. The rules are so skewed to the O.

Also the most amazing thing about our offense was, how did we not get a single bust on D that lead to a long TD for us. Like not 1. At least twice a season, you can fall into a 70 yd play. Heck we did that on D twice a game.
Can’t fall into a 70 yard play if you’re too busy giving them up

Think About It GIF by Identity

Look I dont want to be one of "those guys" but for all the rumors that Gattis has been secretly fired for over a month now (maybe longer)..not sure why we didnt already have someone in the tuck ready to go..so while we were giving Gattis the courtesy of trying to find a landing spot..WTF were we doing??
Apparently UM thought they had Hartline lined up for OC as "reportedly" they were telling that to WR recruits and it leaked ... voila ... Hartline promoted to OSU OC. Back to the drawing board. Some say Candle was contacted / offered and declined (others refute that). Might end up being a matter of who is left ... Arroyo con pollo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back