The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make ‘em clap
D67A6B34-1ECD-431C-8534-B91D81E58B96.jpeg

Advertisement
I enjoy this podcast - they put out a good product.

Listening to this, it sounds like Bruce Feldmann isn't optimistic Mario moves quickly again. He mentions how frustrating it is for his candidates too - the long , drawn out process keeps them hanging and as a result, he loses good guys. They raise the question of why it took so long to get rid of Gattis - not even a veiled reference to possible off field issues, which isn't surprising. Feldmann also says Mario isn't likely to change his offensive philosophy much, if at all.

So, are you saying Feldman…is…a…mope?

Listening to this, it sounds like Bruce Feldmann isn't optimistic Mario moves quickly again. He mentions how frustrating it is for his candidates too - the long , drawn out process keeps them hanging and as a result, he loses good guys. They raise the question of why it took so long to get rid of Gattis - not even a veiled reference to possible off field issues, which isn't surprising. Feldmann also says Mario isn't likely to change his offensive philosophy much, if at all.
Exact words were: “he will Never hire an air-raid guy. Believes that system equals prolific offense and crappy defense. USC, TCU, etc.

Advertisement

Marcus Arroyo come on down! You’re the next contestan on The Offensive Offense Hour…

Advertisement
How’s that? I haven’t seen an “air-raid” win an NC yet.
It’s stupid because we were 5-7 and TCU played for a national championship and USC played in a NY6 bowl.

It’s stupid because the reason TCU and USC’s defenses were bad had almost nothing to do with their offenses. They both recruit poorly on that side of the ball and have questionable DCs.

It’s stupid because Mario has never had 1 season as successful as TCU and USC were this year (well, maybe 1)

I am 100% convinced that @San Amaro Dr @Fatboycane and myself could score 24 pts in college football lol. The rules are so skewed to the O.

Also the most amazing thing about our offense was, how did we not get a single bust on D that lead to a long TD for us. Like not 1. At least twice a season, you can fall into a 70 yd play. Heck we did that on D twice a game.
We had one, but unfortunately, J. Brown couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a shotgun, and overthrew the WR.

That’s just extremely stupid logic
It’s not. There is a point to it that the air raid hangs your defense out to dry. It’s the reason OU always got dragged in the playoff. Not like the Sooner’s didn’t have talent on defense and didn’t have good coordinators. But I still think you can be very successful with some air raid elements/tempo at times. Doesn’t mean you go full Texas Tech. But obviously Mario’s approach to offense is more hit or miss.

It’s not. There is a point to it that the air raid hangs your defense out to dry. It’s the reason OU always got dragged in the playoff. Not like the Sooner’s didn’t have talent on defense and didn’t have good coordinators. But I still think you can be very successful with some air raid elements/tempo at times. Doesn’t mean you go full Texas Tech. But obviously Mario’s approach to offense is more hit or miss.
Meanwhile Saban is interviewing Lebby and Grubbs.

Advertisement

Thanks for the summary. Makes me want to puke, but I'm grateful nonetheless.

Advertisement
It’s stupid because we were 5-7 and TCU played for a national championship and USC played in a NY6 bowl.

It’s stupid because the reason TCU and USC’s defenses were bad had almost nothing to do with their offenses. They both recruit poorly on that side of the ball and have questionable DCs.

It’s stupid because Mario has never had 1 season as successful as TCU and USC were this year (well, maybe 1)
Sorry man, everytime I’ve seen Riley get to a CFP you know what happens? I’d rather not play then lose by almost 70 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back