The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Idk why this board has all just jumped on the side of power spread is bad or is a prehistoric offense…power spread still calls for 3 WRs on the field and Qb is in the shotgun…a lot of football is using this sort of offense..

give me someone who knows how to call plays, how to put our athletes in position to do what they do best, how to attack the defense and take advantage of their weaknesses, get creative in the redzone and third down…this is really the problem with what we seen with Gattis
I just want points man…give me someone that put up 27 a game. There’s really no reason we shouldn’t be putting up 30+ down here.

Andy Reid’s coaching tree is insane. I remember when he had Kafka as a backup QB with the Eagles.

His coaching tree Rivals that of Mike Holmgren:

- Doug Peterson (SB win)
- Sean McDermott (Bills HC)
- John Harbaugh (SB win)
- Matt Nagy (sorry @Rellyrell)
- Ron Rivera (lost in SB - sorry @OldhamA)
- Pat Schurmur (Not sorry, Giants fans. **** you!!!!! Lol)
- Steve Spagnulo (again, hahahahhaa, **** you Giants!!!!)
- Brad Childress (dude was a ****!!! Gattis like).

Waiting for a few more assistants to get HC jobs (like Eric “sleeping with” Bienemy - @TRick72).
He is from the holmgreen tree so maybe he learned you need good coaches around you

Advertisement
And Grantham.
jim halpert GIF

Advertisement
With all this talk about schemes..I dont even think Mario knows what a power spread is..that is the scheme that OSU apparently runs and those jokers drop 40ppg like its nothing year after year. And its WR heavy. Mario's version doesnt seem to focus as much on WR production as OSUs. And Marios version is TE heavy and OSU doesnt really feature the TE at all. So im a little concerned that what Mario wants to run is an extremely conservative version of what OSUs power spread is. Which is extremely boring football.

Air raid=up tempo, shorter TOP. How is that beneficial to the defense? I'm not saying it's not the move, but to say those two aren't congruent is probably inaccurate.
I’d rather have a short drive due to a TD rather than a punt.

Advertisement
Mike Ryan Ruiz in the latest Dan LeBatard Show about Gattis and Miami's new OC search:

- They pull the trigger on Gattis three weeks ago;
- Ponce went back to App State because Mario told him he wouldn’t be the choice at OC;
- The waiting was caused by the attempt to find a soft landing spot for everyone;
- There was a real struggle to connect between Gattis and the players, also no chemistry with the other coaches on staff;
- Last year Mario tried hard to get Tommy Reese, Liam Coen and Jason Candle before hiring Gattis;
- Jason Candle said no again this year before extending with Toledo;
- No change in offensive philosophy, power spread confirmed;
- No Kingsbury;
- Scott Frost is a candidate but he (Mike Ryan) seems to confirm some of the rumors out of Nebraska about is lifestyle;
- Mario loves the Rams offense;
- He (Mike Ryan) likes Arroyo, I didn't understand if he thinks or knows that Arroyo is a candidate;
- Gattis buyout was not an issue (2 million);

Nothing groundbreaking imho, many of those things are the same that we read on here from our insiders/connected posters.

The apparent full court press put on Tommy Rees by Mario either before or after he failed to get Candle wasn't exactly comforting to hear. Not because he struck out there too but because he thought effing Tommy Rees was worth the effort to begin with. Jesu Christo, just go get Major Applewhite if THAT'S what you think is a desirable OC.

Your determinations are so much better than that predecessor of yours, DingleburyCane and his stoolie, Poopoo. Ask @TRick72.

View attachment 227342

@RVACane

@PIPO and I had to get our hands dirty. We never expected any glory. But we got the job done.

Kamala Harris 2020 Race GIF by Election 2020

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/transfer-portal-watch.172951/post-6280463

Advertisement
@RVACane

@PIPO and I had to get our hands dirty. We never expected any glory. But we got the job done.

Kamala Harris 2020 Race GIF by Election 2020

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/transfer-portal-watch.172951/post-6280463

That's way beyond cruel, bro. It hurts to see the fruit of your sense of humor tortured that way.

Apparently UM thought they had Hartline lined up for OC as "reportedly" they were telling that to WR recruits and it leaked ... voila ... Hartline promoted to OSU OC. Back to the drawing board. Some say Candle was contacted / offered and declined (others refute that). Might end up being a matter of who is left ... Arroyo con pollo?
IF anybody in Hecht actually thought Hartline was a done deal before they had a signed contract with him (which I find hard to actually believe) then they really shouldn't even be allowed to be part of this hiring process as they're at least partly a legit moron.

Apparently UM thought they had Hartline lined up for OC as "reportedly" they were telling that to WR recruits and it leaked ... voila ... Hartline promoted to OSU OC. Back to the drawing board. Some say Candle was contacted / offered and declined (others refute that). Might end up being a matter of who is left ... Arroyo con pollo?

I wonder if Chan Gailey still has a house in Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back