The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Candles offense uses a running QB, how soon does TVD hit the portal, if he is hired?
Logan Woodside, who threw for 3880 yards and 28 TDs (300 yards against Miami’s 2017 D) says hey. Candle adjusts his offense to his personnel.
70EB2156-7B48-44B3-977C-A96852B97B6E.jpeg

Advertisement
His extension was a $100k paycut in base salary with incentive bonuses. He'd probably get a significant pay-bump in base salary at UM, and if he's successful at UM he's probably looking at a P5 HC gig in 2-3 years. **** I think his new buyout is only $900k.

Remember, Toledo had just hired a new AD when Mario was pursuing Candle last year. He's had a year to work with him now, maybe there's something there as as to why he may be willing to leave this time around? Just spitballing.

Totally unrelated but I forgot how good Katy Mixon looked in S1 of E&D.

Your reply was filled with great analysis, discussion, and ****

How You Doin Hello GIF by SVT

The big positives for him are he seems to adapt to personnel quite well and his offenses are usually well balanced. But his team's have pretty inconsistent production offensively too it seems so its not easy to decipher is that solely on him and his scheme/play calling or does the Toledo G5 talent limit what he can do to an extent.

Every year there a bunch of G5 teams in the F+ Top 25 offensive rankings. Including MAC teams some years. But Toledo hasn’t come close to being one of those G5 teams since 2016.

The talent isn’t an excuse when you have more of it than anybody in your conference.

Advertisement
Agreed. The fact he came out and said he’s “my favourite” does make me believe this process is nowhere near over lol
You could glean from that that he’s probably Mario’s too.

Advertisement
I don’t think they are bad hires but I don’t see the hype with candle or frost.

I would be happy with the Frost hire.

Yeah, Nebraska wasn’t great.

But his F+ Offensive Rankings:

‘21: 30
‘20: 54
‘19: 53
‘18: 42

‘17: 63
‘16: 38

It’s not horrible. It was a roster that needed a rebuild. By the time he got 3 recruiting classes making up the Two Deep, they were a Top 30 offense.

Here the roster doesn’t need as big of an overhaul. And the HC is elite at getting you an elite roster overhaul. So the pieces needed will come faster.

So if you figure Nebraska is the floor of his offense, I will take 30ish. And it’s worth it to gamble on him getting back to the ceiling. Which were the Oregon and UCF offenses.

Every year there a bunch of G5 teams in the F+ Top 25 offensive rankings. Including MAC teams some years. But Toledo hasn’t come close to being one of those G5 teams since 2016.

The talent isn’t an excuse when you have more of it than anybody in your conference.
Fair enough. I don’t follow G5 football so I wouldn’t know if he’s been trending positively or not. I’ve only watched Toledo a few times the last 4-5 years and they at least looked competent on O.

Advertisement
Weiner was the biggest UM Hater in existence when he was at Plant.

UM was a completely different program in 2008 than it is in 2023. Nobody from that era is here today; coaches, AD, president, etc. Safe bet the "hate" back then was fueled by being a high school coach in the state and the way UM coaches handled that relationship with him and his players—again, all ancient history.

Advertisement
UM was a completely different program in 2008 than it is in 2023. Nobody from that era is here today; coaches, AD, president, etc. Safe bet the "hate" back then was fueled by being a high school coach in the state and the way UM coaches handled that relationship with him and his players—again, all ancient history.
Do not care either way...Give me Frost over Candle 7 days a week....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back