The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Frost is growing on me the more I look at the numbers, or it could be the wait that has beat into submission. Its the end of the night, had way to much tequila. Ya boy is 0-4 on the night with a couple 8s.

But there a chubby chick eye balling you, and she is receptive. Its 2am and you just trying to get your rocks off. **** it! You head over to her crib. She hits you with the Gawk Gawk 3000, now you laying on goose down blankets looking like you got [edited out by Maude’s- please find a different reference than handicap]

Your boys ask what happen to you last night. You tell them you went home for the night, but you trying reconcile how great the dome was. Night falls, you hit the chubby chick with the classic text," You up?"

This sets thing in motion, next thing you know you are picking up a 20 piece of lemon pepper wings and texting her for the gate code. Another amazing performance, now you are hooked.

But yea Frost might be a good hire for us.
wtf lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooo true!

Candle isn't the only one. Frost, was the second coming of Jesus when he returned to Lincoln. He is an alum. He led them to a national championship. And, they couldn't get rid of him fast enough! Everyone knew he was getting fired this year and Nebraska couldn't even hold out longer to save some money.

We experienced this with Gattis. We hired someone, who appeared to be successful on the surface, and then we realized why Michigan didn't put up much of a fight watching him leave.

I disagree.

Lots of people thought Frost should have been fired after 2021. And nobody would have blamed Nebraska if they did.

The fact that Alberts didn’t, speaks to the fact that he probably thought Frost was close to turning it around. Alberts had probably seen the analytic numbers showing Nebraska was the greatest 3 win team of all time. All the one score losses. And actually liked where the program could be heading if he gave it another year.

I don’t think that’s the same as like when Minnesota fired Tracy Claeys after a 9 win season because they knew he was trash.

Frost is growing on me the more I look at the numbers, or it could be the wait that has beat into submission. Its the end of the night, had way to much tequila. Ya boy is 0-4 on the night with a couple 8s.

But there a chubby chick eye balling you, and she is receptive. Its 2am and you just trying to get your rocks off. **** it! You head over to her crib. She hits you with the Gawk Gawk 3000, now you laying on goose down blankets looking like you got [edited out by Maude’s- please find a different reference than handicap]

Your boys ask what happen to you last night. You tell them you went home for the night, but you trying reconcile how great the dome was. Night falls, you hit the chubby chick with the classic text," You up?"

This sets thing in motion, next thing you know you are picking up a 20 piece of lemon pepper wings and texting her for the gate code. Another amazing performance, now you are hooked.

But yea Frost might be a good hire for us.
I'm not even attempting to read this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
I already forgot what happened. Need to re read. I read it the day it came out.
When I thought Lightbringer was coming out in the spring I went back and re-read the entire series again

Man…what a ride

I'm not sure what people expect in year 1 of a new OC when we have less than 8 months before our first game.

As for me I'm not expecting much.

Advertisement
Every year there a bunch of G5 teams in the F+ Top 25 offensive rankings. Including MAC teams some years. But Toledo hasn’t come close to being one of those G5 teams since 2016.

The talent isn’t an excuse when you have more of it than anybody in your conference.
2022: SMU
2021: Coastal, WKU, Cincy, BYU
2020: Coastal, WMU, Kent St, Buffalo, BYU
2019: Louisiana, Air Force, Navy, UCF, Memphis
2018: UCF, Utah St., Boise St
2017: UCF, Memphis, Army
2016: USF, Navy, WMU, WKU, Toledo, LaTech

Its not that big a list. Toledo is a tier below BYU, UCF, USF, Memphis, Cincy, Louisiana, SMU and Boise St.

2022:
2021: Coastal, WKU
2020: Coastal, WMU, Kent St, Buffalo
2019: Air Force, Navy
2018: Utah St
2017: Army
2016: Navy, WMU, WKU, Toledo

We're down to 14 seasons and 10 teams. Toledo was 13th in 2016, a bit higher bar than top 25 too.

Insiders are saying no one knows anything. DMoney says only a super elite group have an idea what’s going on. So I doubt some dope from Rivals has any legit info. If anything this probably means Candle is not going to be hired.
there are at least two sources of info. mario and the OC candidate. we rely on mario which means we get nothing. other people could rely on the OC candidate.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hate this thread and I hate that I check it every day.

Also, a very random piece of information to contribute to the thread...

Apparently Gray Crow is the QB coach at Miami Northwestern.

****, i like the OC hire. young, innovative, an alum. not kenny dorsey, but not too far off either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back