The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire_book_collection_box_set_cover.jpg
So this never gets finished?

Advertisement
Frost is growing on me the more I look at the numbers, or it could be the wait that has beat into submission. Its the end of the night, had way to much tequila. Ya boy is 0-4 on the night with a couple 8s.

But there a chubby chick eye balling you, and she is receptive. Its 2am and you just trying to get your rocks off. **** it! You head over to her crib. She hits you with the Gawk Gawk 3000, now you laying on goose down blankets looking like you got [edited out by Maude’s- please find a different reference than handicap]

Your boys ask what happen to you last night. You tell them you went home for the night, but you trying reconcile how great the dome was. Night falls, you hit the chubby chick with the classic text," You up?"

This sets thing in motion, next thing you know you are picking up a 20 piece of lemon pepper wings and texting her for the gate code. Another amazing performance, now you are hooked.

But yea Frost might be a good hire for us.
My brother in christ are you alright? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
I just don’t have a good read on Candle. It doesn’t look like his Toledo offenses have put up elite numbers the past few years, and that’s with a pretty stark talent advantage in the MAC.
What stark talent advantage. They recruit a bunch of 3 and 2 stars. The difference between a 50th ranked class and a 70th ranked class is minuscule. Tons of parity in the MAC and the teams that win it are usually well coached.

Advertisement
As much as Ruiz can be annoying I think he knows something on this. Reading the Ruiz tea leaves tells me it’s candle
Ruiz is just a talker and with his commitment to Miami and relationship to Mario he’s an untouchable talker. But I doubt he’s getting enough info to know where we are at with this hire

Advertisement
Advertisement
His extension was a $100k paycut in base salary with incentive bonuses. He'd probably get a significant pay-bump in base salary at UM, and if he's successful at UM he's probably looking at a P5 HC gig in 2-3 years. **** I think his new buyout is only $900k.

Remember, Toledo had just hired a new AD when Mario was pursuing Candle last year. He's had a year to work with him now, maybe there's something there as as to why he may be willing to leave this time around? Just spitballing.

Totally unrelated but I forgot how good Katy Mixon looked in S1 of E&D.

Exactly. I wouldnt be surprised if he found that extension insulting. The new AD basically came in and lowered his salary while putting in incentives as if he were telling Candle he has to prove himself to the AD. Given Candles established track record at that level and interest from higher programs offering more pay I'd be insulted if I were Candle having a new AD treat me like an up and coming question mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back